Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Sky Sports reduced to £8. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708826)

Rob King 24-03-2020 23:23

Re: Sky Sports reduced to £8.

Just found this link to reduce sky sports on virgin media

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thi...ing/talk-to-us

UPDATE I HAVE NOW PAUSED MY SKY SPORTS AND GET THIS MESSAGE
What happens next?
We will go ahead and make this change as soon as we can. There’s no need to contact us further and we’ll be in touch to let you know when your payments for Sky Sports will begin again.

Just so you know, you can still watch your Sky Sports channels during the pause.

Raider999 25-03-2020 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob King (Post 36028846)
Just found this link to reduce sky sports on virgin media

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thi...ing/talk-to-us

UPDATE I HAVE NOW PAUSED MY SKY SPORTS AND GET THIS MESSAGE
What happens next?
We will go ahead and make this change as soon as we can. There’s no need to contact us further and we’ll be in touch to let you know when your payments for Sky Sports will begin again.

Just so you know, you can still watch your Sky Sports channels during the pause.

This is most welcome, however before taking the plunge there needs to be clarification that discounts will still happen

BenMcr 25-03-2020 12:45

As far as I understand it the option is available for all customers, whether Sky Sports is in a bundle or not or whether you've got existing discounts or not.

It is on top of your current bundle deal, not instead of.

denphone 25-03-2020 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36028905)
This is most welcome, however before taking the plunge there needs to be clarification that discounts will still happen

l finally got through althought the wait to get through was most considerable although understandable given the Coronavirus crisis.

We are now on the Maxit bigger bundle with Sky Cinema but no Sky Sports on there.

bengeo 25-03-2020 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36028959)
We are now on the Maxit bigger bundle with Sky Cinema but no Sky Sports on there.

How much did they take off your bill?

denphone 25-03-2020 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengeo (Post 36029013)
How much did they take off your bill?

Around £18.

bengeo 25-03-2020 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36029014)
Around £18.

Thanks. It's worth a call then.

denphone 25-03-2020 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengeo (Post 36029021)
Thanks. It's worth a call then.

Most definitely but patience is a virtue as we put the phone on speaker mode and just waited for them to answer.

nialli 26-03-2020 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36029022)
Most definitely but patience is a virtue as we put the phone on speaker mode and just waited for them to answer.

You shouldn't call them - just fill in the form

denphone 26-03-2020 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36029093)
You shouldn't call them - just fill in the form

No good filling in the form as we get loyalty discounts on ours package so how does one know by filling a form what new amount we would actually pay on our new package as when l phoned them up originally we were told our bill would go up by a pound rather then down even by not having Sky Sports.

RichardCoulter 26-03-2020 15:04

Are the Sky Sports channels still viewable after pausing the payment for them (this is the case with Sky). If so, and discounts aren't affected, I can't see why anybody wouldn't do it.

newapollo 26-03-2020 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36029105)
Are the Sky Sports channels still viewable after pausing the payment for them (this is the case with Sky). If so, and discounts aren't affected, I can't see why anybody wouldn't do it.

Yes Richard, they are still viewable.

Henkesghost 26-03-2020 19:44

To be honest virgin should automatically reduce all bills for sky sports subscribers currently as a matter of course.

japitts 26-03-2020 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36029095)
No good filling in the form as we get loyalty discounts on ours package so how does one know by filling a form what new amount we would actually pay on our new package as when l phoned them up originally we were told our bill would go up by a pound rather then down even by not having Sky Sports.

Same - we've got sports & cinema bundled together this is an unknown.

I've done the webform, seems much better to do it than not, on balance.

Raider999 26-03-2020 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkesghost (Post 36029162)
To be honest virgin should automatically reduce all bills for sky sports subscribers currently as a matter of course.

I quite agree, but I'm not holding my breath