Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Sky Sports reduced to £8. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708826)

OLD BOY 18-03-2020 08:49

Re: Sky Sports reduced to £8.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36027840)
A word of warning though, it's transpired that, even though Sky Sports can be paused, if it is, then people are losing discounts eg one person found that they were then paying full price for movies.

Hopefully, this is explained to customers who request the pause.

gus0898uk 18-03-2020 10:49

I have the rolling 30 day Sky Sports package with VM, I will probably wait until the PL decide their way forward before I cancel my package.

I have got Amazon prime now after the Boxing Day games, I am actually getting my money's worth and there are some good sports programmes such as Man City All or Nothing.

japitts 18-03-2020 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36027840)
A word of warning though, it's transpired that, even though Sky Sports can be paused, if it is, then people are losing discounts eg one person found that they were then paying full price for movies.

I'm not surprised and this is the nub. I'd not contemplated losing Sky Cinema discounts by chopping Sports, but was painfully aware that chopping the sports channels could throw any bundle discounts/offers into the mix and end up worse off in the long run.

I suppose if VM have discounted subs based on a 12month contract, then it's the usual argument rehashed. Just that these are somewhat unprecedented times.

nashville 18-03-2020 23:42

VM I believe are allowing you to just cancel it till sports are back to normal .

RichardCoulter 18-03-2020 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by japitts (Post 36027997)
I'm not surprised and this is the nub. I'd not contemplated losing Sky Cinema discounts by chopping Sports, but was painfully aware that chopping the sports channels could throw any bundle discounts/offers into the mix and end up worse off in the long run.

I suppose if VM have discounted subs based on a 12month contract, then it's the usual argument rehashed. Just that these are somewhat unprecedented times.

...and would thus allow VM to disingenuously say that they had offered you an option to pause Sky Sports.

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36027857)
Hopefully, this is explained to customers who request the pause.

One woman said that neither her or the CS had thought about this. When this was realised (after the CS woman had input the pause request), she said to forget about it, but the system wouldn't allow her to change it back!

denphone 19-03-2020 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 36028002)
VM I believe are allowing you to just cancel it till sports are back to normal .

We tried to cancels the sports nash but was told our bill would go up by a pound.

RichardCoulter 19-03-2020 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 36028002)

Have VM done the same as Sky now?

RobboEdin 23-03-2020 19:33

Yes, go here:
https://www.virginmedia.com/pauseskysports

OLD BOY 23-03-2020 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36028581)

Given that if you pause your subscriptions, you still get these channels, why do they ask you if you want to pause your subscriptions? Why not just credit everyone with the subscription for these channels? Seems a bit bureaucratic to me.

RobboEdin 23-03-2020 20:27

... because Martin Lewis talks about forbearance in these difficult times.
There are some who feel it appropriate to continue to pay for what, after all, they are continuing to receive - the Sky Sports channels.

Mythica 23-03-2020 21:11

How does this work for those that receive packages with Sky Sports in the price like the ultimate oomph bundle?

denphone 23-03-2020 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mythica (Post 36028636)
How does this work for those that receive packages with Sky Sports in the price like the ultimate oomph bundle?

Given my experience on the dog and bone you won't be any better off.

Legendkiller2k 23-03-2020 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 36028581)

Are vm feeling ok?

japitts 24-03-2020 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36028645)
Given my experience on the dog and bone you won't be any better off.

And this is my worry - our bundle includes sports & movies, and yeah, I'm a little concerned about messing up the movies discount by chopping the sports.

It's great that VM are now doing this, but I'd have liked a little bit of reassurance in the holding statement to cover these scenarios. I can't imagine we're the only ones.

denphone 24-03-2020 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by japitts (Post 36028691)
And this is my worry - our bundle includes sports & movies, and yeah, I'm a little concerned about messing up the movies discount by chopping the sports.

Exactly.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by japitts (Post 36028691)

It's great that VM are now doing this, but I'd have liked a little bit of reassurance in the holding statement to cover these scenarios. I can't imagine we're the only ones.

Quite a few l would imagine as all l know when l phoned up the other day and stated clearly that l won't be needing Sky Sports they said fine but your bill will go up by a £1 though and my reply was very politely l am not very happy with this and nor will many others be either.