Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   [MERGED] The England Manager thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685556)

Arthurgray50@blu 12-02-2012 18:00

[MERGED] The England Manager thread

I think that the biggest question in football today, is will Harry Redknapp take the job of England's new manager.

I have been a big fan of football for many years and seen some great managers over the years managing at International level and club level.

Being a Spurs fan for over thirty years, We have a manager that has produced a magical wand in turning Spurs from relegation candidates into Champions League football again and quite possible the Premier League Title. And yet could Harry fulfil the role as England manager.

My answer is no, He doesn't have international experience of running a country, which is big must. Also to me he has medical problems which could cause a lot of problems, he was treated for a heart condition several months ago, and the pressure that he will be under, will be immense, whereas Pearce has been there for a long time.

Also, l would bring in either Hodgson or Mourinho, who have the experience of being under great pressure, Mourinho with Chelsea, and Hodgson has managed some big international sides.

I know that Harry, is the fans choice, but is the job really that worth it, what do other members think.

I think the job should go to Pearce, who is the under 21 manager

denphone 12-02-2012 18:07

re: [MERGED] The England Manager thread

Why would any sane manager want to take the England as it is a poisoned chalice.

Sirius 12-02-2012 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35380689)
Why would any sane manager want to take the England as it is a poisoned chalice.

Agreed,

Football is a complete joke at the moment with more legal issues than a day in the local crown court. It reminds me of some of the worst soap operas ;)

denphone 12-02-2012 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35380693)
Agreed,

Football is a complete joke at the moment with more legal issues than a day in the local crown court. It reminds me of some of the worst soap operas ;)

Yes like who shot JR.:)

Its-Me 12-02-2012 18:31

I'm new here so be kind.
Harry Redknapp will want to finish the season with spurs in the champion's league,
then he'll be England manager. IMO

Peter_ 12-02-2012 18:34

As he has just been in court even though he was found innocent I think that will prevent the FA from giving him the job because oddly dirt tends to stick especially in he minds of the media.

thenry 12-02-2012 18:37

If the right amount of money is offered to keep everyone happy I'm sure he'll take it.

Its-Me 12-02-2012 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35380711)
If the right amount of money is offered to keep everyone happy I'm sure he'll take it.

I saw somewhere, but can't remember where. He would get 2.5 million less then capello.

denphone 12-02-2012 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35380711)

You could always ask your favourite manager to take the job thenry.:D

Its-Me 12-02-2012 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35380716)
You could always ask your favourite manager to take the job thenry.:D

Wengar doesn't want the England job;)

thenry 12-02-2012 18:55

He'll be Frances manager soon. Blanc is on his way out the door.

Its-Me 12-02-2012 18:57

Aren't England playing France soon?

denphone 12-02-2012 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Its-Me (Post 35380718)
Wengar doesn't want the England job;)

Have you asked him.:)

Its-Me 12-02-2012 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35380730)
Have you asked him.:)

He was asked on sky sports news.:D

Hom3r 12-02-2012 19:05

First off I'm a Spurs fan.

He's a fool if he stays, and a fool if he goes.

Being the England is a blesing and a curse, win and the crowd love you, lose and you public enemy number 1.

With that said I'm of mixed views, I would love Spurs to win he league and the HR to take on the England job, the win the World Cup in 2014.