Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Mr_love_monkey 11-05-2004 16:22

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

I watched 'Runaway Train' last night on TV - and was left wishing I hadn't - talk about pile of pants. 2/10

In the cinema last film I saw was 'Passion of the Christ'... unsure what to rate this one, certainly a moving film, visually shocking, and relentless in it's presentation. 8/10 for that - 1/10 for leaving me feeling incredibly depressed/shocked afterwards.

Chris 11-05-2004 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
I watched 'Runaway Train' last night on TV - and was left wishing I hadn't - talk about pile of pants. 2/10

Is that the one with the UN agency led by Captain Picard trying to catch a train stolen by terrorists?

Tezcatlipoca 11-05-2004 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by towny
Is that the one with the UN agency led by Captain Picard trying to catch a train stolen by terrorists?

LOL, no. I believe the one you are thinking of is "Alastair MacLean's Death Train"

Chris 11-05-2004 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
LOL, no. I believe the one you are thinking of is "Alastair MacLean's Death Train"

/shudder

Whatever it's called, I can remember wasting a couple of hours I could have been in bed watching it on C5. :disturbd:

So what was your disastrous train film about?

Tezcatlipoca 11-05-2004 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by towny
/shudder

Whatever it's called, I can remember wasting a couple of hours I could have been in bed watching it on C5. :disturbd:

So what was your disastrous train film about?

Well, it wasn't actually me who posted about watching it, but.....

I have seen it before, & it is indeed very boring.

From the IMDB:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runaway Train plot summary
A hardened convict and a younger prisoner escape from a brutal prison in the middle of winter only to find themselves on an out-of-control train with a female railway worker while being pursued by the vengeful head of security.

"Alasair MacLean's Death Train" - yep, awful film. The original book was...OK, but hardly great (it wasn't actually written by MacLean - it was written by someone else, after he died I think, based on a story of his). V bad film.

Chris 12-05-2004 11:13

Quote:

From the IMDB:

Wups, brainless me :dunce:

Thanks for answering anyway, that'll save me watching it if it ever comes round again...

smegs 12-05-2004 21:08

The last film i saw was The Butterfly Effect thought it was very good i'd give it 7/10 :)

kink 12-05-2004 21:27

A couple of nights ago i saw a film i've been planning to see for a long time now....... Memento

Have to say it's been a very long time since a film has held my attention till the very end and this one did :)
I found it amusing, stylish and cleverly made...... it drew me in and held my interest...... leaving me with questions to ruminate after it had ended.
Having said that...... it's actually just a fun film too which just happens to work on a couple of different levels.

You can be a couch potato or a film buff watching it..... from either angle i thought it was cool :D

Silent Wings 12-05-2004 21:50

Last film I watched was "Monster" excellent performance by Charlize Theron.
and last night I watched the documentary of the real Aileen Wuornos.9/10

dilli-theclaw 12-05-2004 21:55

...waits for a review of dreamcatcher.....

...Hint hint :).....

gary_580 12-05-2004 21:55

Carry on Up the Jungle. what can i say? CLASSIC!!!!

Been watching all the carry on movies recently

Indians 12-05-2004 22:08

The Cruel Sea, a classic, 8/10

SOSAGES 13-05-2004 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
...waits for a review of dreamcatcher.....

...Hint hint :).....

was bored last night my web had died so i figured id watch a film - went through my list saw dreamcatcher figured it would be naff as it didnt do well at the cinema, but it was a stephan king film so i figured if give it a go.

aliens - a mad general - flashbacks - more aliens. it was "ok" some people liked it personally i wasnt scared or entertained acting was alright but it was a strange film i wouldnt watch it again (ever) so i say: 5/10

dilli-theclaw 13-05-2004 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES
was bored last night my web had died so i figured id watch a film - went through my list saw dreamcatcher figured it would be naff as it didnt do well at the cinema, but it was a stephan king film so i figured if give it a go.

aliens - a mad general - flashbacks - more aliens. it was "ok" some people liked it personally i wasnt scared or entertained acting was alright but it was a strange film i wouldnt watch it again (ever) so i say: 5/10

Thanks for that :) - I've read the book so I guess I'll borrow it and watch it with the hope it does the book justice.

Mr_love_monkey 13-05-2004 09:51

Quote:

You forgot to add badly written, badly acted and badly directed :)

Wish I'd watched Battle Royale on the other side now.