Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Movie news, trivia and other snippets (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707314)

Paul 12-12-2020 19:38

Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Black Panther 2 will not of course have Black Panther in it, at least not the original.

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

It was also announced that the Toy Story prequel Lightyear will be released on June 17, 2022.

Stephen 12-12-2020 21:35

They have said they won't recast Chadwick's role but will continue to explore the rast of the characters. Possobly meaning a female taking on the mantle of Black Panther. Possible the sister?

General Maximus 12-12-2020 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36062116)
Possible the sister?

Doubt it, she is on the naughty list atm

General Maximus 28-12-2020 09:26

Wonder Woman 3 is confirmed and in the works

Paul 28-12-2020 14:56

I watched number two last night (WW84).

It was ok, I guess, not exactly what I was expecting, it was more like Supergirl TBH.

General Maximus 07-01-2021 14:13

• Milly Bobby Brown battling dragons in Netflix's Damsel
  • Mark Ruffalo joining Ryan Reynolds and Zoe Saldana in Netflix time travel tale The Adam Project
  • Deadpool 3 is a go
  • Christ Pratt to reprise his role as Star Lord in Thor 3
  • Short Circuit is getting a remake
  • Scorpion King is getting a reboot by Dwayne Johnson

denphone 11-01-2021 20:36

Hollywood Prepares to Delay Another Slew of Blockbusters.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/m...ic-1234881304/

No surprise at all given the we are still engulfed in a worldwide pandemic.

General Maximus 11-01-2021 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36066299)
Hollywood Prepares to Delay Another Slew of Blockbusters

The studios and distributors need to come together and launch a new bespoke movie/cinema release specific short term pay per view streaming service so they can launch all of this year's releases on the service and charge cinema prices. They won't make as much as money as they had expected but it is a reasonable compromise. Like I said last year, they can't afford any more delays. The schedule is rammed as it is and even if they cram more films in there are only so many times random Joe Public is going to go to the cinema in a month.

Paul 12-01-2021 04:12

Well it seems clear no one in the UK will be in a cinema before March, Im sure large areas of the US are the same.

General Maximus 12-01-2021 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36066322)
Well it seems clear no one in the UK will be in a cinema before March

Nobody is going to come out of lockdown in tier 2 which is what is required for cinema to reopen. I imagine 80% of the country will revert to tier 4 and a few areas will drop tier 3 (me). Even in tier 3 though hospitality and cinemas etc are still closed. I will hazard a guess and say we won't see any areas in tier 2 and cinemas reopen until June when infection rates are right down, zillions of people have been vaccinated and the government want to go full speed ahead in summer and get everyone out and about and the economy going again.

pip08456 13-01-2021 13:10

General Maximus 13-01-2021 14:11

I am glad you didn't put that in the "films to see in 2021" thread :p:

pip08456 13-01-2021 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36066512)
I am glad you didn't put that in the "films to see in 2021" thread :p:

I came close.:D:D:D:D

General Maximus 15-01-2021 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36063984)
I watched number two last night (WW84).

It was ok, I guess, not exactly what I was expecting, it was more like Supergirl TBH.

pip08456 16-01-2021 11:48

Millie Bobby Brown as Princess Leia?

General Maximus 17-01-2021 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36066844)
Millie Bobby Brown as Princess Leia?

They absolutely need to get this over to Lucasfilm asap. It would make me very happy to see her as a younger Leia in a prequel series or movie. She looks perfect for it and it would make my realism factor very happy.

Chris 17-01-2021 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36066959)
They absolutely need to get this over to Lucasfilm asap. It would make me very happy to see her as a younger Leia in a prequel series or movie. She looks perfect for it and it would make my realism factor very happy.

Now, this is a family friendly forum, what you do with your realism factor is your own private business :shocked:

General Maximus 17-01-2021 13:29

:bsmack:

General Maximus 29-01-2021 09:59

A sequel to Tomb Raider (2018) is definitely in the works. I was hoping there would be one given how it ended but I hadn't heard anything about it up and till now

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63170228/

General Maximus 30-01-2021 09:51

You probably heard towards the end of last year that Cineworld wasn't doing too well and was having to close down. There were concerns that Odeon would follow suit after lockdown No. 3 but the good news is that its parent company, AMC Theatres in the US, has secured a tonne of money to keep it going for a while. I am hoping that as long as the vaccine rollout continues and restrictions are eased in time for summer that we will get some cracking films in the second half of the year and things can get back to normal release date wise.

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63169254/

Damien 03-02-2021 08:58

So Tenet is apparently doing very well digitally over a month since it's release:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/02/vo...ld-1234613701/

Quote:

It left room for two titles to continue flying high with “Tenet” at $5.99, and “News of the World” at $19.99. Like last week, each placed #1 on two of the four charts we track.

Ongoing interest in Christopher Nolan’s film may seem ironic as it was the last major Warners release to see a traditional rollout. The studio reportedly recoups 70 percent of VOD rental; if there were 1 million rentals in a week, at the current price of $5.99, it would generate nearly $4.2 million. That would justify delaying a move to HBO Max.

As a PVOD, Universal sees a more generous revenue share of 80 percent on “News of the World” rentals. For a $4 million return — a nice bounty for a film with a reported $38 million budget and a sale to Netflix for the rest of the world — it would need 250,000 rentals.
But if you consider those numbers of $4.2 million at a price of $6 a rental and $4 million at a price of $20 a rental as very good you can see why studios do not want to release direct to VOD.

Tenet opened to $20 million on it's first weekend with most of the U.S theatres being closed. Tenet's entire domestic run was poor and was hardly seen by anyone but it still generated a total $58 million which will be more than it looks like it can amount on VOD.

Worth keeping in mind when we wonder why films are constantly being kept back.

The main motivation to release them at the moment would be a loss leader for someone like Apple to promote their streaming services.

noel43 03-02-2021 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36069213)
So Tenet is apparently doing very well digitally over a month since it's release:

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/02/vo...ld-1234613701/

But if you consider those numbers of $4.2 million at a price of $6 a rental and $4 million at a price of $20 a rental as very good you can see why studios do not want to release direct to VOD.

Tenet opened to $20 million on it's first weekend with most of the U.S theatres being closed. Tenet's entire domestic run was poor and was hardly seen by anyone but it still generated a total $58 million which will be more than it looks like it can amount on VOD.

And what a load of rubbish it is.

Paul 03-02-2021 19:23

Well that was really confusing until I realised that "News of the World" is the title of a film. :erm:

General Maximus 04-02-2021 00:15

I thought so to when I first saw the title, I assumed it was about the hacking scandal and was going to be one of those films that tells a story which happened in real life and gets nominated for a tonne of Oscars. I love Tom Hanks though and I will defo give it a go.

General Maximus 10-02-2021 20:56

The Wizard of Oz is getting a remake

General Maximus 24-02-2021 21:44

General Maximus 30-03-2021 13:25

Quote:

Russell Crowe has joined the cast of Marvel’s Thor: Love and Thunder, joining Chris Hemsworth, who is reprising his role as the God of Thunder; Natalie Portman; and Christian Bale, who will be playing the villain. Crowe’s role is being kept under wraps and the hope was to surprise fans with this fun cameo when the film was released, but following recent photos of Crowe hanging out with the cast all over Australia, Deadline has confirmed he is in the movie.
https://deadline.com/2021/03/thor-lo...we-1234723853/

Chris 30-03-2021 13:49

Interesting. A pompous arse in real life, but a very good actor.

General Maximus 30-03-2021 14:02

Yup. If he toned up a bit he would make an awesome Asguardian soldier (General ;) )

denphone 30-03-2021 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36070138)
The Wizard of Oz is getting a remake

:nono::nono:

General Maximus 07-06-2021 12:25

New Master and Commander movie in the works. Not a remake but a continuation of the series with another story.

Cruella sequel in development

Chris 07-06-2021 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36082118)
New Master and Commander movie in the works. Not a remake but a continuation of the series with another story.

Cruella sequel in development

Master and Commander was the first of a series of novels - I think the intention was always to make more than one of them, using Master and Commander as the series title. I really enjoyed Far Side of the World and I was disappointed it didn’t get a follow-up at the time.

Apparently the original film’s plot is a mash-up of several of the original novels, so who knows what they’ll come up with for the sequel. The novels spanned years of the friendship between Aubrey and Maturin so “in universe” it won’t be odd for us to be dropping in on them again nearly 20 years later (though they could get away with claiming a shorter gap than that).

Paul Bettany’s career is definitely on an upward curve. Maybe it’s Russel Crowe who needs a leg-up at the moment. In fact if/when it comes out, I bet he has a production credit. :D

Jaymoss 07-06-2021 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36082121)

Paul Bettany’s career is definitely on an upward curve. Maybe it’s Russel Crowe who needs a leg-up at the moment. In fact if/when it comes out, I bet he has a production credit. :D

I think he is doing ok. He was excellent in Unhinged. He has 2 films completed one of which is the next Thor movie and plenty of work pre production

General Maximus 07-06-2021 13:06

If he could get back into shape I would love to see Russell Crowe in it again, similar to Hornblower. They could easily make a series of 5 films. Just look at Pirates of the Caribbean.

Chris 07-06-2021 13:14

Just looking at the original report, it seems they’re interested in making a prequel, so no beer for Crowe and Bettany this time.

General Maximus 07-06-2021 16:52

that's a shame, although I am still looking forward to a good action/adventure at sea with top notch production quality. You should check out Black Sails if you have never watched it.

pip08456 19-07-2021 20:21

BREAKING: Dune, Jason Momoa is Duncan Idaho. Just released by WB.

General Maximus 19-07-2021 20:50

Means absolutely nothing to me :D i am really looking forward to the new film but literally know nothing about the books/story. I can remember my dad loved the old films when i was younger but all i can remember is a lot of sand and some Star Trek TOS quality blue phaser beams.

pip08456 19-07-2021 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36086921)
Means absolutely nothing to me :D i am really looking forward to the new film but literally know nothing about the books/story. I can remember my dad loved the old films when i was younger but all i can remember is a lot of sand and some Star Trek TOS quality blue phaser beams.

Definately a lot of sand!:D:D

Paul 20-07-2021 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36086921)

Ditto, pretty much.
I vaguely remember trying to watch a previous film and being very bored and confused very quickly, and giving up on it.

General Maximus 30-07-2021 09:06

Quote:

Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney - accusing the company of breaching her contract when it offered the film Black Widow on its streaming service at the same time as it was released in theatres.

The actress's earnings are based partly on the Marvel film's box office takings and, in court papers, she said the movie was intended for initial release exclusively in cinemas.

Instead, the dual release had resulted in her earning less than she would have otherwise, she argued.

So when Black Widow debuted on 9 July in theatres, the company had also released it on streaming for a $30 (£19 in the UK) charge.

The lawsuit alleged that Disney wanted to "keep the revenues for itself while simultaneously growing the Disney+ subscriber base, a proven way to boost Disney's stock price".

"Second, Disney wanted to substantially devalue Ms Johansson's agreement and thereby enrich itself."

The suit seeks unspecified damages to be determined at trial.

Disney said there was "no merit" in the claims, insisting that it complied with Johansson's contract.
https://news.sky.com/story/scarlett-...nemas-12367590

Damien 30-07-2021 09:23

This is similar to what happened with Christopher Nolan and HBO Max.

I think some of the actors and creators on these films get a certain % of the box office and when Warner/Disney put them straight into their streaming platform that income is circumvented and goes to the studios instead.

Good for her to challenge them and all the actors/directors/other guilds need to fight back. Disney and others are trying to cut more and more people out of the income by dominating not only the production but also the distribution.

This is probably going to get bigger and messier as more and more creators fight back.

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

This is especially nasty from Disney:

Quote:

“There is no merit whatsoever to this filing,” Disney said in an unusually fiery statement. “The lawsuit is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.”

General Maximus 30-07-2021 09:35

yeah, if they acted in good faith all they needed to do is tweak her contract to give her the agreed % from Disney+ as well and then if the film didn't do as well as expected and she didn't the amount she wanted Disney have lived up to their commitments. Going forward imagine contracts will have to have a clause which includes release on any and all platforms on primary release date and not just a theatrical release. I hope she gets something out of it.

Jaymoss 30-07-2021 11:42

I think SJ now sees her big earners are a thing of the past and wants one last big payday to end her term as a Marvel Hero. I can in part understand her concern when her none Avenger roles have been hit and miss to say the least.

On the other side of that with an estimated net worth of $165 million dollars I do not think she will ever need to worry about money

Damien 30-07-2021 12:12

Nor do Disney. The point is if she thinks her contract hasn't been met she is entitled to challenge it.

pip08456 30-07-2021 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36087969)
Nor do Disney. The point is if she thinks her contract hasn't been met she is entitled to challenge it.

It would appear she does have a point.

Quote:

Johansson legal team said that representatives for the actress were worried that “Black Widow” would debut on Disney Plus even before coronavirus brought life to a standstill. As part of the suit, they share emails from the star’s management group that asked the studio to guarantee that “Black Widow” would premiere exclusively in cinemas. In response, Marvel Chief Counsel Dave Galluzzi promised a traditional theatrical bow, while adding “We understand that should the plan change, we would need to discuss this with you and come to an understanding as the deal is based on a series of (very large) box office bonuses.”
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...ow-1235030582/

General Maximus 30-07-2021 19:28

exactly, Disney haven't acted in good faith. They obviously decided tprelease the film on Disney+ in order to maximise their revenue and profit (coronavirus or not) and ScarJo is entitled to some of that. They should have been upfront with her from the start and told her what the plan is and offered to amend her contract accordingly to reflect streaming revenue. I admire her for taking a stand and getting this sorted now because it will make other distributors think twice in the future before they screw actors over.

Paul 31-07-2021 00:45

Hmmm, vastly overpaid actors complaining they dont get enough ..... not really going to get much sympathy from most people.

Still, *if* they broke her contract, they will have to take the consequences.

Chris 31-07-2021 11:19

If it was a general moan about salary I’d have little sympathy but what it comes down to is a potential shift in the way influence and earnings are divided up as the big studios shift to blended release strategies. Ultimately this has the potential to affect the earnings of filmmakers who are far less wealthy and influential than Ms Johansen and on that basis it is well worth shining a light on it now. I suspect Disney knows it has been caught with its pants down here, hence its rather unsavoury attempt to hide behind the pandemic and pretend it’s saving the planet rather than trying to enrich itself at the expense of those who actually make its films.

Hugh 31-07-2021 14:24

On a related note

Quote:

Gerard Butler, who starred in the 2013 action movie Olympus Has Fallen, which turned into a franchise, has sued the film’s producers including Nu Image and Millennium Film in a profits dispute over the original pic.

In the filing today in Los Angeles Superior Court, Butler and his legal team claim he is owed more than $10 million in profits after it ordered an independent audit, which it said found the defendants “understated their own receipts and profits by over $11 million, including by failing to report approximately $8 million in payments to Producers’ own senior executives.” (Read the filing here.)

Olympus Has Fallen, directed by Antoine Fuqua, centered on disgraced Secret Service agent Mike Bannon (Butler), who becomes trapped inside the White House after a terrorist attack and works to rescue the president from kidnappers. It grossed $170.3 million at the global box office.

The lawsuit filed by Greenberg Glusker on behalf of Comrie Inc., Butler and his G-Base Entertainment claims Butler has seen zero of that total from the film’s producers, defendants Nu Image, Millennium and Padre Nuestro Productions. The complaint cites fraud, breach of contract, breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, intentional interference with contractual relations and accounting, and seeks a jury trial
https://deadline.com/2021/07/gerard-...ts-1234806894/

General Maximus 31-07-2021 19:13

good for him, I hope he gets something out of it, I flipping love that film

General Maximus 19-08-2021 07:59

Quote:

Anthony Mackie will officially suit up in Marvel Studios’ upcoming “Captain America 4” movie, co-written by “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” head writer Malcolm Spellman.

Mackie first appeared as Sam Wilson (aka the Falcon) in 2014’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” and reprised the role in five subsequent movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. After Chris Evans’ Steve Rogers passed on Captain America’s shield at the end of “Avengers: Endgame,” Wilson officially assumed the mantle over the course of the Disney Plus series, “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.”

General Maximus 22-08-2021 12:36

Quote:

Disney+’s “Ironheart” series may still be pretty far off, but the heroine herself is not. Dominque Thorne’s Riri Williams will make her debut in “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” according to an individual with knowledge of the project.

Disney’s “Ironheart” series was first announced at its Investor Day in December, revealing that Dominique Thorne will play Riri Williams, a young Black woman who takes over the mantle of Iron Man. “She started shooting, I think, this week before her Ironheart series,” Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige told ComicBook.com.

In the comics, Williams is a Black teen prodigy attending MIT who builds her own suit by reverse-engineering Tony Stark’s Iron Man suit design. Williams is also a genius like Tony, if that’s not immediately clear. In the comics, Pepper Potts mentors Riri in a similar fashion to how Tony took Peter Parker under his wing in the MCU, providing her with resources and a suit AI.
https://www.thewrap.com/marvels-iron...y-plus-series/

Quote:

Disney has filed a motion to force Scarlett Johansson into a private arbitration to address whether she is owed millions from the hybrid release of “Black Widow.”

In the motion, attorney Daniel Petrocelli also argues that Disney lived up to its obligation to give the film a “wide theatrical” release, but that nothing in the contract required the release to be exclusive to theaters.

Johansson filed a bombshell lawsuit on July 29, arguing that the decision to simultaneously release “Black Widow” in theaters and on Disney Plus cannibalized the film’s box office revenue and cost her tens of millions of dollars.

In the motion to compel arbitration, Petrocelli argued that “Black Widow” actually performed well, considering the ongoing pandemic. The film opened on July 9 and grossed $80 million domestically in its opening weekend — well below pre-pandemic Marvel standards, but $10 million more than Universal’s “F9” — which was an exclusive theatrical release.

Disney also notes that it agreed to add streaming receipts to the box office total for purposes of calculating Johansson’s backend participation, despite not being required under the contract to do so.
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/d...on-1235046169/

that's interesting because if they did that right off the bat then I can't see how she can argue she is losing out. By releasing it on Disney+ they made more money from it than they would have done as a sole cinema release and if they offered to pay her the Disney+ revenue as well then she would have got more money than she would have otherwise. Disney can't help it if they film didn't rake in $1bn at the boxoffice.

Hugh 24-08-2021 13:06

Spider-Man:No Way Home teaser trailer

General Maximus 24-08-2021 18:56

flipping well excited, can't wait

Paul 24-08-2021 22:38

Looks Good. :)

Paul 06-09-2021 19:28

Due on 4th Feb 2022

General Maximus 08-09-2021 17:58

It is making me think of Geostorm in terms of how I am going to feel about it.

General Maximus 11-09-2021 13:01

New issue of SFX if you are interested. Full feature on Dune plus postcards and two full size movie posters. I wish they would do this every issue for whatever is on the front cover.

General Maximus 11-09-2021 21:42

Quote:

Disney announced on Friday that upcoming 2021 films “Eternals,” “The Last Duel,” “West Side Story,” “Ron’s Gone Wrong” and “The King’s Man” will get exclusive, 45-day theatrical windows before moving to digital platforms.

Meanwhile, the animated musical “Encanto” will play in theaters for 30 days starting on Nov. 24, before hitting Disney Plus.

The decision is a clear win for Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige, who has been vocal both internally and in the press about his desire for Marvel’s feature films to play exclusively in theaters.

“Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” Marvel’s first exclusive theatrical release in more than two years, has grossed $105.9 million domestically through Wednesday. While that is on the lower end of grosses for MCU features, it also means “Shang-Chi” is already outpacing the theatrical grosses of “Black Widow,” which had earned $100.7 million at that point in its theatrical run after opening in July

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63417273/

General Maximus 16-09-2021 08:41

Odeon are brining back a huge amount of old films to watch and you need to check your cinema timetable for the weekly updates because they aren't advertising them in advance. I have been to see Predator this week and next week...............

They are doing a 20th anniversary Lord of the Rings marathon on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I can't believe it has been 20 years and I can remember going to see them at the time. It is going to be great seeing them on the big screen again.

Damien 16-09-2021 12:55

Nolan is going to Universal for his next film: https://deadline.com/2021/09/christo...wo-1234832975/

Quote:

Universal Pictures has landed the right to finance and distribute the next film that Christopher Nolan will direct, based on his script about J. Robert Oppenheimer and his role in the development of the atom bomb.

A theoretical physicist who became the director of the Los Alamos Laboratory, Oppenheimer headed the research and development of the bomb that ended WWII, under what was covertly called the Manhattan Project. Nolan will produce the film alongside his wife and longtime producing partner Emma Thomas for their Syncopy Inc. banner.
He always used to be a Warner Bros. but lost his temper with them over their decision to steam their films on HBO Max as the same time as it's cinema release. Nolan is pretty firm on the importance of cinema. Looks like Universal will give him the full release window for this film as well as agreeing not to release any other film in the 3 weeks his film comes out (pretty standard clause for big films even though it seems weird).

Paul 02-10-2021 22:13

Scarlett Johansson & Disney have come to an agreement.

Quote:

I’m very pleased that we have been able to come to a mutual agreement with Scarlett Johansson regarding Black Widow, said Alan Bergman, Chairman, Disney Studios Content. “We appreciate her contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and look forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s Tower of Terror,” the exec added without any comment from Disney CEO Bob Chapek, as one would have expected.
No actual details provided, but insiders reckon they will pay her about $40M :shocked:

General Maximus 02-10-2021 22:22

Why not. It sounds like a ridiculous amount of money but it is peanuts compared to how much she is going to make them going forward. They are thinking long term.

General Maximus 10-10-2021 00:14

Jaymoss 10-10-2021 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36092672)
New issue of SFX if you are interested. Full feature on Dune plus postcards and two full size movie posters. I wish they would do this every issue for whatever is on the front cover.

Was told Dune was only half the story so it is yet another split which disappoints me

General Maximus 10-10-2021 10:58

I thought it was going to be a trilogy. I know nothing of the story but many peeps i have spoken to have said it is far too big to squeeze into one film so it was always going to have to be at least two.

pip08456 10-10-2021 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36096872)
I thought it was going to be a trilogy. I know nothing of the story but many peeps i have spoken to have said it is far too big to squeeze into one film so it was always going to have to be at least two.

Yes it is too big to be squeezed into one film (I read the books when younger)

I'm interested in how they bring it to the screen as none of the previous attempts have come anywhere near. The one film that was previously released came nowhere near.

Paul 10-10-2021 14:07

The last film I saw (well tried to) was slow, boring, and incomprehensible.
I gave up on it after about 1/2 hour, so I hope this one is better.

General Maximus 15-10-2021 19:27

Hugh 16-10-2021 22:34

The Batman - Trailer 2

General Maximus 16-10-2021 23:29

It's not doing anything for me. I would rather pay to see The Dark Knight trilogy again.

Stephen 16-10-2021 23:34

It looks great.

Paul 16-10-2021 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36097658)
It's not doing anything for me. I would rather pay to see The Dark Knight trilogy again.

One more space for the rest of us then. ;) Looks ok to me.

General Maximus 16-10-2021 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36097663)
It looks great.

We'll agree to disagree

Hugh 17-10-2021 00:20

Can’t we disagree to agree?

General Maximus 17-10-2021 14:55

Paul 17-10-2021 15:38

Never heard of 'Black Adam' (ever) but it looks interesting.

General Maximus 19-10-2021 14:02

Quote:

Marvel fans, prepare to wait a little bit longer to see Doctor Strange, Thor and Black Panther return to theaters.

Disney has delayed release plans for several upcoming films, including “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” from March 25 to May 6, “Thor: Love and Thunder” from May 6 to July 8 and “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” from July 8 to Nov. 11. With the “Black Panther” sequel jumping to November, “The Marvels” has been postponed to early 2023 and “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” was bumped from Feb. 17 to July 28, 2023.

Along with the deluge of Marvel delays, Disney has moved the fifth “Indiana Jones” installment back nearly a year. The still-untitled film, starring Harrison Ford as the fedora-wearing, swashbuckling archaeologist, will open on June 30, 2023 instead of July 29, 2022.
https://variety.com/2021/film/news/d...er-1235091673/

General Maximus 21-10-2021 18:55

Hugh 21-10-2021 19:04

Looks fun

Paul 21-10-2021 19:12

Spiderman becomes Indiana Jones. :D

It does look good though.

Damien 22-10-2021 09:20

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/a...fe-1235094931/

Quote:

Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun while filming a scene in New Mexico on Thursday, causing the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

The incident occurred on the set of “Rust,” an independent feature that was filming at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, a popular production location south of Santa Fe.
Horrible news. It seems the prop gun 'misfired' but there are going to be huge questions as to how this could have happened. Hollywood is very careful about prop guns with them being supervised by the prop master at all times and checked every time to ensure no rounds or anything else are in there.

Imagine being Alec Baldwin right now as well.

Paul 23-10-2021 02:12

Surely "Prop guns" should be using blanks.
Its very puzzling how even a "misfire" could actually shoot anything.
The explanation is going to be interesting, esp if a live round somehow got used.

Hugh 27-10-2021 15:52

Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

Lightyear teaser trailer

General Maximus 31-10-2021 11:42

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/a...ck-1235100189/

Quote:

Ana de Armas is in talks for the lead role in the upcoming “John Wick” spinoff film “Ballerina,” Variety has confirmed.

“Ballerina,” which has been in the works for several years, follows a young female assassin as she seeks revenge against those who killed her family. The action-thriller will be helmed by “Underworld” director Len Wiseman from a screenplay by Shay Hatten, who has also penned “John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum” and is attached to write “Chapter 4” and “Chapter 5” of the franchise as well.
She is perfect for the role and I can't wait to see her. She is absolutely gorgeous and was fantastic in Blade Runner and No Time To Die.

General Maximus 01-11-2021 16:55

General Maximus 02-11-2021 19:00

General Maximus 15-11-2021 19:04

Quote:

Doctor Strange has fought mystical beings in dark dimensions and faced the might of Thanos but now faces his most potent threat: reshoots.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, the Benedict Cumberbatch-starring sequel to Marvel Studios’ 2016 installment, has been prescribed a major new shoot.

In what sources describe as being “significant,” the new shoot, taking place in Los Angeles, is both “additional photography” and “reshoots.”

How significant? Insiders say that Cumberbatch and company are undertaking six weeks of shooting, if not more, working six days a week.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ts-1235045328/

Damien 15-11-2021 22:05

Marvel always do a lot of reshoots. Apparently part of their process is to discover the film in the edit and then do more reshoots to capture that direction.

General Maximus 15-11-2021 22:18

Sweet. Sounds like a great way to realise your vision and make the perfect film.

Damien 16-11-2021 09:32

If you can afford it yeah. It's one of the rumours as to why Eternals didn't do so well as Chloé Zhao was allowed to use her own approach to directing which, like most films, aims to get almost everything done during principal photography so is very strictly planned.

Normally the Marvel machine would come in during post-production and reshoots. They didn't do as much of that for this one.

General Maximus 17-11-2021 08:51

Quote:

The original Hogwarts wizarding trio are reuniting to recount their adventures from two decades ago.

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson will join filmmaker Chris Columbus and other cast members from all eight “Harry Potter” films for the first time in an HBO Max retrospective special to celebrate the anniversary of the franchise’s first film, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone,” which premiered 20 years ago today.

“Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts” will premiere on HBO Max on New Year’s Day, Jan. 1, 2022. The feature will “tell an enchanting making-of story through all-new, in-depth interviews and cast conversations.”

Hugh 04-12-2021 16:48

https://deadline.com/2021/12/robbie-...gi-1234884136/
Quote:

Robbie Williams biopic Better Man is due to begin filming in Melbourne, Australia, in early 2022.

Directed and co-written by Australian filmmaker Michael Gracey (The Greatest Showman), the film will look into the experiences that shaped UK pop star Williams, both on and off stage. As we first reported earlier this year, Williams will be portrayed by a CGI monkey in the film.

Stephen 04-12-2021 17:21

A CGI monkey?

Ok that's weird.

Paul 05-12-2021 01:24

Quote:

Williams will be portrayed by a CGI monkey in the film.
WTF ?

General Maximus 07-12-2021 18:28

Shang Chi 2 is in the works

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63481833/

pip08456 07-12-2021 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36104660)
Shang Chi 2 is in the works

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni63481833/

Sounds good especially if it's as good as the first one.

General Maximus 07-12-2021 21:03

Yup, same director and creative team involved so it should be good. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Paul 07-12-2021 23:42

Quote:

Cretton will return to write and direct the sequel and is also working on a new Marvel Cinematic Universe series for Disney+ as part of his overall deal.
Interesting, although its not clear if that will be 'Shang Chi' series or something else.