Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Stuart 13-05-2004 13:48

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Last film I saw at the cinema: Scooby Doo 2. An OK film, but I have to admit the main reasons I watched it are Linda Cardinelli (plays Velma, and Sam in ER) and Sarah Michelle Geller (plays Daphne, and Buffy in Buffy). 7/10.

Last film I saw on DVD/video: Can't really remember. It's Underworld or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Tezcatlipoca 14-05-2004 03:26

"Dungeons & Dragons: The Movie" (DVD - only a fiver, LOL)

Script & acting...not great, but I've seen much worse.

FX & action were OK.

The main hero (played by Justin Whalin - Jimmy Olsen from "Lois & Clark") was...OK.

The female lead (Zoe McLellan) was...quite nice, in a "smart & sexy" way ;) (I have a weakness for brainy brunettes)

The "Empress" character (played by Jane Burnham - the daughter in American Beauty) was a bit of a poor "Queen Amidala wannabe".

The "comedy sidekick" character was annoying & unfunny...which is to be expected from any character played by Marlon Wayans IMO.

The main bad guy, however, was played by a wonderfully OTT Jeremy Irons. Each scene with him was great, just for his cheesy & OTT acting. His main henchman (Bruce Payne) was also good in a cheesy & OTT way.

Hmm.

Not a great movie, but not crap.

6/10.

darkangel 14-05-2004 03:40

van helsing 8/10
good film some dodgy acting but interesting ideas had a bit of a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen feeling about it.

dawn of the dead 2004 6/10
hollywood remake enough said really, not bad acting nothing stood out script wise etc, not as good as the original film

Tezcatlipoca 15-05-2004 02:35

"Thirteen Days" (DVD) - 8/10

Very good dramatisation of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Well made, with a good cast (despite Kevin Costner's baffling accent).

Well paced, & manages to increase the tension despite you knowing how it ends.

Bex 15-05-2004 11:12

"Equilibriam" (no idea if i spelt that correctly) interesting film, bit matrixesque in parts, with a bit of a moral to the story 7/10

Mr_Burns 15-05-2004 11:45

Kill Bill Vol2 at the Cinema a couple of weeks ago (7/10).....much preferred Vol1. Far too much dialogue about her daughter, etc. and just wanted to see Uma kick ar$e. A bit disappointed with the ending as well.

Sense and Sensibility on DVD a couple of nights ago 9/10.

Defiant 15-05-2004 13:12

Watched Agent Cody Banks 2 with my son last night. I'd give that 6/10

Russ 15-05-2004 13:21

Left Behind (www.leftbehind-themovie.com) - I suspect not many people here will have heard of it, it's a modern day take on Revelations. It started off as a series of books which were awesome (sold more than 50 million) and it was only going to be a matter of time before they made a film.

Saying that.....the film is truly awful. Terrible acting, VERY low budget effects, poor casting, sub-plots which don't make sense....

I bought the DVD as it was on special offer - this doesn't even come up to the standard of a made-for-tv film, which is a shame as it should have been a LOT better.

3/10.

sir_drinks_alot 15-05-2004 15:55

Van Helsing

well what can i say van boring this movie sucked big time there was just not enough story to keep it going at any sort of pace whatever plot there was just made the picture even worse and as for kate backinsale's fake transylvanian accent don't go there !!!

half of one point/10

Miss C 15-05-2004 18:24

Finally saw Pirates of the Caribbean a couple of weeks ago after avoiding it for a long time because I was worried I wouldn't enjoy it. Great fun though and with some very pleasing men in it :D . An 8/10.

Saw Lost in Translation at the cinema earlier this week. Wonderful film. A 10 for me.

C

dilli-theclaw 15-05-2004 18:45

Just watched dreamcatcher - 7/10

Good - but the book is better :)

MadGamer 15-05-2004 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bifta
Starsky and Hutch at the Cinema, we were the only two people watching it, it's very shallow (obviously) but it made I laugh! :D

Was it good? Ive been meaning to go and see it.

abailey152 15-05-2004 19:14

"The Big Fish" on DVD - 8/10 but phew! It's weird!

Bex 15-05-2004 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ D
Left Behind (www.leftbehind-themovie.com) - I suspect not many people here will have heard of it, it's a modern day take on Revelations. It started off as a series of books which were awesome (sold more than 50 million) and it was only going to be a matter of time before they made a film.

Saying that.....the film is truly awful. Terrible acting, VERY low budget effects, poor casting, sub-plots which don't make sense....

I bought the DVD as it was on special offer - this doesn't even come up to the standard of a made-for-tv film, which is a shame as it should have been a LOT better.

3/10.

i agree the film was a complete let down. The characters, i thought, were badly cast, however i tried buying a copy but apparently it is american so not compatible over here :confused:

saw dreamcatcher a while ago too and i agree with miss c it was fantastic

Defiant 15-05-2004 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by abailey152
"The Big Fish" on DVD - 8/10 but phew! It's weird!

I'd say. Its Micheal Jackson weird