Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 16-06-2004 00:44

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Dawn of the Dead (remake)

Much better than I expected. A decent & well made horror film. The speedy zombies were a nice change to the original classic version of Dawn (I assume that whoever made this had been watching 28 Days Later).

8/10

iron25 16-06-2004 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerrek
Chronicles of Riddick - 10/10

Better than any other movie this summer.

Just two words - Vin Diesel :erm:

Halcyon 16-06-2004 11:01

- TROY -

Probably one of my favourite movies of the year. One I will be buying on DVD for sure.
There is just something happening every second with different things round every corner.

10/10

dilli-theclaw 24-06-2004 16:52

Warnings 1/10

All I can say is OH DEAR!!!!

I'm glad I only borrowed this piece of crap.

pedantic 29-06-2004 12:50

Just as a heads up for you keen movie watchers, blockbuster online have an excellent deal. Even if you only rent 1 dvd a week, its still a good deal as postage to and from them is free :D £13.99 a month for unlimited dvd rentals is an excellent deal.

www.blockbuster.co.uk

Regards.

Nugget 29-06-2004 13:21

I saw Big Fish over the weekend (Ewan McGregor & Albert Finney). It's directed by Tim Burton who's definitely back on form after the nightmare that was Planet of the Apes. Definitely a 10 / 10.

dilli-theclaw 05-07-2004 23:08

I finally saw Master and Commander - and surprisingly - it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be.... 7/10

...Anyone want to choose the lesser of two weevils. :)

welwynrose 05-07-2004 23:12

Mind Hunters 7/10 would of scored higher but Christian slater wasn't in it for long enough although good to see Jonny Lee Miller in a lead role

roger_smith 05-07-2004 23:50

Shrek 2, 10/10 :D

iron25 06-07-2004 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by welwynrose
Mind Hunters 7/10 would of scored higher but Christian slater wasn't in it for long enough although good to see Jonny Lee Miller in a lead role

Mindhunters 7/10 :erm: I can only assume that you gave it such a high score because Slater was in it. You must of laughed at the fight sequence at the end, what was that all about :rofl: It seemed to be thrown in to try and give it some action.

Just watched Hellboy :) An enjoyable comic book film with a few good laughs in it too. 6/10.

punky 06-07-2004 07:46

Just seen Love Actually.

Wern't bad at all. Amazing cast. The ending was a bit silly, which let it down a bit. Other than that, it was pretty good.

Essientially it followed the love exploits of about 12 people who are vaguely connected. It covered the whole spectrum of love, from newly married love, forbidden love, unrequited love, newly found love, etc.

I'm not really a love movie fan, (I don't watch them normally unless it has American Pie in the title), so the fact I even watched it says something, let alone actually liked it. If you aren't a chick-flick, you can still enjoy it because it has some really fine ladies in it. One even gets her baps out which is nice. It is actually a bit weird. There are too many depressing moments to be an uplifting film, yet there are a few to warm the heart. It is sort of depressing if you are single, but it isn't too bad. Incidentally i'm moving to Milwaukee (If you have already seen the film you'll know why :naughty:)

So yeah definitely worth watching if you can. :tu:

SOSAGES 06-07-2004 14:26

this week i watched:

shrek 2 -
was good fun - if a little short could of done with a better plot but was fine for kids and adults and was very pretty with lots of movie tie ins
8.5/10
Spider man 2 -
much like the first one it needs a proper baddy and for him to sort himself out - special fx were super but overall i felt a bit cheated it was kinda naff but visually stunning
6/10
Hellboy
before i watched it i was aware it came out in the states a while ago and hadnt hit uk cinemas yet thats always a bad sign. i also read the "plot" a demon summoned by nazi's at the end of ww2 - silly indeed. anyway it didnt seem to take its self to serious the main dude (RED) was funny and a good hero overall plot was exciting certainly but didnt really make alot of sence but it didnt need to wasnt watching it to be educated or amazed at the acting - it was a bad film but had a certain thing about it that deserved to be watched - but i think a lot of older people or anyone that like to engage their brain while watching a film will think it is silly 7.5/10

*EDIT*
i forgot i also watched Welcome to moouseport with the dude from everyone loves raymond - thats rubbish 3/10
and i watched the big bounce with morgan freeman and owen wilson and that was kinda pointless so 3/10 - the big bounce did have ladies in it so maybe 3.5 for the babes

welwynrose 06-07-2004 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron25
Mindhunters 7/10 :erm: I can only assume that you gave it such a high score because Slater was in it. You must of laughed at the fight sequence at the end, what was that all about :rofl: It seemed to be thrown in to try and give it some action.

Just watched Hellboy :) An enjoyable comic book film with a few good laughs in it too. 6/10.

Didn't fuss about the fight scene - but I do like the CSI type programmes so thats probably why I enjoyed the film - also seen Hellboy would also give that 6/10 - another rating Stepford Wives 2/10 - doesn't make a good comedy can't hold a condel to the original

Tezcatlipoca 19-07-2004 01:40

I watched "Deep Blue Sea" tonight - first time I've watched it in ages.

LL Cool J & co. vs some genetically engineered super-sharks..... LOL, great fun :D

maybe a 7/10

Xaccers 19-07-2004 02:02

Alien 8/10
Watching Aliens atm (god I love my job) :D