Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

dilli-theclaw 12-06-2004 19:41

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca
The Core (DVD)

Maybe a 7 out of 10.

Silly, but enjoyable, disaster movie. Kind of like Armageddon, but inside the Earth instead of in outer space.

Do ya want some unobtanium :) - well do ya :)

Mal 12-06-2004 23:55

Saw Harry Potter today. Give it 9/10. I think that it's the best out of 3.

iron25 13-06-2004 00:10

Just watched Bad Santa. Reasonably good but not really that funny. It did have a couple of scenes that raised more than a chuckle but not consistently funny. I'd give it 6/10.

Tezcatlipoca 14-06-2004 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Do ya want some unobtanium :) - well do ya :)

LOL. I'll take one of those laser/sonic drill things too :D

Tezcatlipoca 14-06-2004 00:43

"Conspiracy" (DVD)

9/10

Fact-based drama (which I think was on BBC2 a few months ago), about the 1942 Wannsee Conference - the meeting at which SD head Heydrich (Kenneth Branagh), his assistant Adolf Eichmann (Stanley Tucci), & a dozen or so other Nazis decided on the course of action which become known as the Holocaust :mad:

Gripping. Powerful. Chilling. Depressing.

abailey152 14-06-2004 00:50

Mystic River on DVD. Absolutely brilliant film. 10/10. Recommended:tu:

Electrolyte01 14-06-2004 08:06

"The day after tomorow" Very good movie, worth watching. 9/10 (given it 9 because the ending wasn't so good)

etccarmageddon 14-06-2004 09:17

Mystic River on DVD - over-rated movie.

worked out who the killer was very early into the film.

sean pean is embarrassing as he over acts and trys to be De Nero.

abailey152 14-06-2004 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
Mystic River on DVD - over-rated movie.

worked out who the killer was very early into the film.

sean pean is embarrassing as he over acts and trys to be De Nero.

Have to disagree with you completely.

I had a very good idea who the killer was about 2/3 way through the film, but it still didn't impact on how good the film was. And I don't think Sean Penn over-acted. Also, Tim Robbins was brilliant.

iron25 15-06-2004 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by abailey152
Have to disagree with you completely.

I had a very good idea who the killer was about 2/3 way through the film, but it still didn't impact on how good the film was. And I don't think Sean Penn over-acted. Also, Tim Robbins was brilliant.

I can't believe all the hype they advertise with this movie, 'Clint's best film so far' etc, it is simply a boring film with a very slow storyline. The same can be said for 21 grams in which Sean Penn won the oscar. It was another slow paced movie.

In my opinion, Johnny Depp should've won the oscar.

iron25 15-06-2004 01:21

If anyone's interested in watching a film with a good story then take a look at Seabiscuit. A very enjoyable film, 8/10.

Jerrek 15-06-2004 05:54

Chronicles of Riddick - 10/10

Better than any other movie this summer.

abailey152 15-06-2004 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by iron25
I can't believe all the hype they advertise with this movie, 'Clint's best film so far' etc, it is simply a boring film with a very slow storyline. The same can be said for 21 grams in which Sean Penn won the oscar. It was another slow paced movie.

In my opinion, Johnny Depp should've won the oscar.

I think you're either going to like these types of films of hate them. I like some stuff which is slower, and I like Mystic River. Each to his own I guess.

Although I'd give Mystic River 10/10, I don't think it's Clint Eastwoods best film either. I think that title should go to Unforgiven.

Tezcatlipoca 15-06-2004 23:41

Quote:

I don't think it's Clint Eastwoods best film either. I think that title should go to Unforgiven.

Classic film :tu:

iron25 15-06-2004 23:43

Quote:

I think you're either going to like these types of films of hate them. I like some stuff which is slower, and I like Mystic River. Each to his own I guess.

Although I'd give Mystic River 10/10, I don't think it's Clint Eastwoods best film either. I think that title should go to Unforgiven.

Unforgiven is good but Clint has directed so many good films. However, the choice of best Clint film is easy. It has to be The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, the best western ever made.