Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Russ 29-08-2004 15:42

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Saw Starsky and Hutch last night on DVD - very daft film but still quite entertaining, and Snoop Dogg was BORN to play Huggy Bear :D

Wolf 29-08-2004 16:06

Watched Hellboy deay before last thought it was good. Last night watched SoulPlane found it quite funny.

Halcyon 29-08-2004 17:24

Just been to see the "Bourne Supremecy" and I would rate it very highly.
OK, it takes a minute or two to adjust to the fast action camera movements but once your taken in, its a great movie.

Tezcatlipoca 29-08-2004 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debsy42
Saw "HellBoy" last night

Very strangeish film, funny and weird but give it 8/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf
Watched Hellboy deay before last thought it was good. Last night watched SoulPlane found it quite funny.

Hellboy is great :tu: :D

I think the upcoming UK cinema release is going to be the same as the US director's cut DVD...even more footage :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ D
Saw Starsky and Hutch last night on DVD - very daft film but still quite entertaining, and Snoop Dogg was BORN to play Huggy Bear :D

Yep, great fun. LOL, you're right about Snoop Dogg. His version of Huggy was excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon
Just been to see the "Bourne Supremecy" and I would rate it very highly.
OK, it takes a minute or two to adjust to the fast action camera movements but once your taken in, its a great movie.

What's it like compared to the Bourne Identity?

Mal 29-08-2004 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
What's it like compared to the Bourne Identity?

It's good, but as you know who he is now, there's no mystery, it's just a straight action movie.

Wolf 30-08-2004 12:59

watch girl next door. funny in places but was ok all round to watch

etccarmageddon 31-08-2004 19:04

SCOOBY DOO 2

- erm technically brilliant but really a kids film.

etccarmageddon 01-09-2004 09:19

"A Man Apart" staring Vin Diesel - very confusing plot and sometimes you cant make out what people are saying.

homealone 01-09-2004 10:19

'Cold Mountain' - not actually by choice, it just happened to be on the tv while we were away. I found it to be a really compelling film, very brutal in places, but it 'felt' like a true picture of what life must have been like at that time.

In complete contrast we saw 'Shrek 2' on the plane, very funny - I need to see it again to catch some of the mickey taking of other films. The wicked 'fairy godmother' voiced by Jennifer Saunders, was brilliant :)

sherer 01-09-2004 11:32

when i bought Kill Bill 2 i got Shogun Assassin for for 1.99 which is mentioned in near the end of Kill Bill.

i watched it on Monday and it is rubbish.. it's a typical dubbed japanese film which the usual stupid says etc and it doesn't end very well either as he never actually kills the shogun just his brother and then the film ends.

etccarmageddon 05-09-2004 11:56

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST

compellingly interesting film even though it's all sub titles! I expected to turn off after 10mins but it was an amazing story.

my knowledge of the subject prior to this film was that some bloke called Jesus born on 25 dec was crusified. apart from that I knew nowt else!

I learnt what the phrase '30 pieces of silver' means and also 'judas' and 'judas kiss' and that Jewish people were the ones who called for his death because he conflicted with their beliefs?

I'd love to hear what Russ has to say about the film or anyone else who's an authority on the subject.

Russ 05-09-2004 12:01

I've already mentioned it in this thread somewhere (edit - post 14 here if you really want my opinion), although I'm nowhere near any kind of 'authority', just someone with more than a passing interest on the subject.

Most people who saw this film just to see what all the hype was about seemed to come away learning something new, for example one guy I know used to think that 'Christ' was Jesus' surname.

VERY powerful film with only slight artistic licence used (the Bible doesn't mentioning satan being in the Garden of Gesthemane at the start of the film and I'm not sure why they added the part with the blackbird) and the timing of the film was perfect considering that Christianity and Christian values get constantly attacked today.

Very disturbing as well, many left the film in tears. It certainly made an impact on me. Throughout the film while they were beating Jesus I felt myself almost saying out aloud "leave him alone!!".

Perfect ending btw, can't wait for the sequel :)

swoop101 05-09-2004 13:48

We watched 'a knights tale' last night on the tv for the first time, It was very funny and entertaining with modern(ish) music and language.
Mrs Swoop didn't want to watch it at first, but when it started with 'we will rock you' by Queen she changed her mind and then spent the next 2 1/2 hours wetting herself laughing.
Most enjoyable.

Tezcatlipoca 05-09-2004 14:03

"The Chronicles of Riddick"

Not bad. Good action & effects. Pretty good if you're not expecting anything amazing. 7/10

ntluser 05-09-2004 14:58

Go and see "I,Robot" starring Will Smith, it's great.

The storyline, the special effects and the action make it a really interesting film to watch.

marcopolio 08-09-2004 11:51

Watched Catch Me If You Can of Sky last night - slow moving in parts but on the whole, highly entertaining.

Must admit - not a fan of Leo Di Caprio in the slightest but he was useful in this film. The true story aspect was entertaining as well, along with the text at the end updating the story.

dilli-theclaw 08-09-2004 11:54

I saw Kill Bill (1) last night - 7/10 violent but quite good....

I also watched When Worlds Collide again - very old but I love it :) - 9/10
(Trying to get hold of the novel 'after worlds collide is hard)

SOSAGES 08-09-2004 15:38

scooby doo 2 - 1/10
ghosts of mars 2/10 - (worst music ever)
xXx 7/10 - fun
Dog Soldiers - 7/10 - there is no spoon
Final distantion 2 7/10 - very clever and nasty ways to die
Out of time 6/1 - why didnt he just own up, also had dr flox? from enterprise on it

dilli-theclaw 08-09-2004 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES
scooby doo 2 - 1/10

awwww crap - I just bought this (not watched it yet) :(

I'm gonna watch kill bill 2 tonight.

SOSAGES 09-09-2004 01:05

startship troopers 2 - 4/10

dilli-theclaw 09-09-2004 01:06

Quote:

startship troopers 2 - 4/10

A whole FOUR ;):D

(looks at my troopers 2 red dvd coaster :))

SOSAGES 09-09-2004 03:09

had to give it 4 for effort and the t!ts

Tezcatlipoca 10-09-2004 00:21

Iron Monkey

Awesome kung fu film, directed by the excellent Yuen Wo Ping (fight choreographer for Crouching Tiger, The Matrix, & more).

Good story, good cast, & some bloody brilliant fight scenes.

8/10....or maybe a 9

:tu:

Steve H 10-09-2004 00:28

Butterfly effect - 9/10..

Probably the best movie I've seen in ages.

Electrolyte01 10-09-2004 00:29

U-571, a total 10/10 for great action, story line and the way the movie is put together ;)

Anybody actually watched U-571 before?

Marge 10-09-2004 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott
U-571, a total 10/10 for great action, story line and the way the movie is put together ;)

Anybody actually watched U-571 before?

Is that the one where they find the Enigma machine ???

Electrolyte01 10-09-2004 00:31

Yeh, the S-33 gets blown up, and they take the German U-571.

Marge 10-09-2004 00:34

Well I refuse to watch it cos it was the British that found the Enigma machine not those damm Yankie Doodle Dandies, don't know when I suddenly developed some principles :erm:

No offence to you Scott, glad you enjoyed it :)

Electrolyte01 10-09-2004 00:36

Yeh I heard it was some one in Tamworth who told that story, I was cheesed off that they changed it around to the Americans when it was actually us that got it :(

Ramrod 10-09-2004 09:20

'Hero' with Jet Li.........superb! :)

smegs 11-09-2004 12:11

shanghi knights very good and so funny :D 8/10

and shaun of the dead thats got to be the funniest british film i've seen in ages 10/10

Electrolyte01 11-09-2004 12:21

Comedy? You can't leave out Ice Age now can you! 9/10 for that :D

SOSAGES 13-09-2004 17:36

shanghi knights was very well made - not the best film ever but certainly had its moments the Singing in the rain section was superb - watching Jackie perfrom the moves at his age is fantastic its just a shame it took so long to get him into hollywood and the big movies - now if only he could get out of the sidekick roll and make some better movies life would be better as his last few efforts have been very poor...

Tricky 13-09-2004 20:14

Phonebooth (yes I know it's a bit old now) - Boring!
Wanted to see more people bite the bullet...

Tezcatlipoca 13-09-2004 21:09

Hero

OMFG....absolutely amazing. A breathtaking epic. Great story. Great cast. Great everything.

10/10 :D

dilli-theclaw 13-09-2004 22:12

Kill bill 2 - 6/10

Scooby doo 2 - 3/10

The War Of The Worlds - 7/10

The Time Machine (Original one) - 7/10

SOSAGES 14-09-2004 12:40

cant be bothered with proper reviews until i find a good film or at least a poor one i can slate a lot.
But i watched "The day after zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" last night and if anyone could tell me if the last 45 mins got exciting i will watch the rest but i had enough - it was silly and crap, more silly that most films, looked good but i think id rather have a plot.

2/10 but could be worse if i bothered to watch the end.

dilli-theclaw 14-09-2004 12:44

Quote:

cant be bothered with proper reviews until i find a good film or at least a poor one i can slate a lot.
But i watched "The day after zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" last night and if anyone could tell me if the last 45 mins got exciting i will watch the rest but i had enough - it was silly and crap, more silly that most films, looked good but i think id rather have a plot.

2/10 but could be worse if i bothered to watch the end.

The Day After Tomorrow?

Well - I preferred the book - but I find that a lot.

I found the ending increadibly predictable tho.

Wolf 14-09-2004 13:18

Alien v Predator. Predictable, unsurprising, ending stupid. How could they not know!!!

etccarmageddon 16-09-2004 12:41

Cellular - just out in the USA - saw it and it's ok - worth a watch - nothing special but I enjoyed it.

Tezcatlipoca 16-09-2004 14:15

"Super Size Me"

Very, very good. Also quite funny. Well worth watching :tu:

ntluser 16-09-2004 14:34

Jennifer "Alias" Garner's new film "13 Going On 30" is a comedy/love story that's well worth watching.

etccarmageddon 17-09-2004 03:19

the punisher on region 1 DVD - absolutely fantastic. no CGI - all stunts and a low budget film made by people who werent in it for the money.

Mr_love_monkey 17-09-2004 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
the punisher on region 1 DVD - absolutely fantastic. no CGI - all stunts and a low budget film made by people who werent in it for the money.

I take it, that's a more recent one, not the one from years back with Dolph Lungren (sp?) in it?

SOSAGES 17-09-2004 10:00

yes its a new one :) and i thought it was one of the worst films ever :)

SOSAGES 17-09-2004 12:00

anyone happen to watch the new resident evil film yet?

im not sure what i thought so cant review it :) but it was much the same as the first one - so could of been better.

etccarmageddon 17-09-2004 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
I take it, that's a more recent one, not the one from years back with Dolph Lungren (sp?) in it?

yes the recent one which has more character driven plot than the old one and more humour.

l33t_p3t3 17-09-2004 19:06

Quote:

anyone happen to watch the new resident evil film yet?

im not sure what i thought so cant review it :) but it was much the same as the first one - so could of been better.

Yeh, much the same as the 1st, but think I prefer Apocalypse though.
No doubt there will be a 3rd....
6/10

SOSAGES 17-09-2004 20:04

yes i woudl assume so given the ending - but i cant see why they make the films look so low budget it will have a lot of support from the computer games players as well as horror flick lovers...

it just needs to be better written itwas better than the first one but it aint saying much i agree 6/10

its a shame really because resident evil games are actually, although very simple, quite appealing.

I was heartbroken when I saw that it was totally crapped out, and "dumbified" in the first movie.

George Romero should have made the first, how come some of the great horror director's always get screwed with inferior projects? Romero was fired because his movie was too much about zombies I guess the studios were wanting a sequel so it has to be more about umbrella...

dilli-theclaw 18-09-2004 23:10

I watched resident evil 2 today - and I also think it was about 6/10 - not too bad - I think I'll watch it again 2morro :)

etccarmageddon 18-09-2004 23:17

13 going on 30 - good bit of entertainment (chick flick) and J Garner shows she has talent. the script was a bit lacking and was poorly executed - Garner managed to turn it around though.

Butterfly Effect - actually lived up to my expectations and it left me wanting to watch it again to figure it out more. fine bit of cinema work - well developed script and delivered by people who had an obvious interest in producing something more than just the usual mass produced hollywood junk.

Richard M 25-09-2004 00:38

Collateral
Not a bad film, fairly entertaining to watch with a good "13th Floor" style ending but it doesn't surprise or make you go "wow!" like a film such as LOTR 2 would.
It's a film to pass the time but a similar movie like Phone Booth is much better.

Electrolyte01 25-09-2004 01:01

The Andromeda Strain
Classic film, but very good. I give it a decent 10/10 :D

Ramrod 25-09-2004 01:03

Quote:

13 going on 30 - good bit of entertainment (chick flick) and J Garner shows she has talent.

Ooooohhhhh yes! J Garner has talent! :naughty: :drool: :D :tu:

MovedGoalPosts 25-09-2004 01:22

Open Water - supposedly based on a true story, but as the two divers were never found, how do they actually know how they did die, which is what the film dwells on most. :erm:

If your a novice scuba diver you'll never want to get on a dive boat, and if you've never dived it might make you unecessarily worried.

If your an experienced UK scuba diver it makes a good comedy. There's so many things done wrong by the divers, and they've not got basic safety kit with them, as well as the bods running the dive boat. I get the impression that however directed it has only just about got wet in a swimming pool.

Electrolyte01 25-09-2004 01:33

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - 10/10!!!

SOOO love that movie :D

Charlie_Bubble 25-09-2004 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovedGoalPosts
Open Water - supposedly based on a true story, but as the two divers were never found, how do they actually know how they did die, which is what the film dwells on most. :erm:

If your a novice scuba diver you'll never want to get on a dive boat, and if you've never dived it might make you unecessarily worried.

If your an experienced UK scuba diver it makes a good comedy. There's so many things done wrong by the divers, and they've not got basic safety kit with them, as well as the bods running the dive boat. I get the impression that however directed it has only just about got wet in a swimming pool.

If I remember rightly, I saw a documentary on this while in the US this summer. The original story is a single female diver who was stuck out there for a couple of days. She was a documentary maker or something and as part of it they took her back to swim with sharks again.

Charlie_Bubble 25-09-2004 01:37

Collateral: It was ok. Nothing special. I could see the way the movie was going to go from about 20 minutes in. Bit predictable. Funny to see Cruise being the tough man. When he was hopping in the action around he looked like a Thunderbirds puppet in a badly fitting shiny suit. Be prepared for a lot of facial hair too! :)

Tezcatlipoca 25-09-2004 23:46

"Shaun of the Dead"

First time I've seen it. Brilliant! Very funny.

8/10

Richard M 26-09-2004 01:59

Full Metal Jacket
A great movie, the most memorable part is when that guy goes crazy and shoots his instructor, after that it's your typical war movie.
Black Hawk Down is better, and more realistic.

Tezcatlipoca 26-09-2004 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard M
Full Metal Jacket
A great movie, the most memorable part is when that guy goes crazy and shoots his instructor, after that it's your typical war movie.
Black Hawk Down is better, and more realistic.

I love FMJ! A top Kubrick movie :tu: :D

R Lee Ermey's Drill Sergeant is great. Some classic quotes :D

Richard M 26-09-2004 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
R Lee Ermey's Drill Sergeant is great. Some classic quotes :D

:rofl: "I'll cut your head off and **** down your neck!"... :erm: :disturbd:

SOSAGES 28-09-2004 09:58

i only enjoyed the first half of FMJ

MovedGoalPosts 28-09-2004 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble
If I remember rightly, I saw a documentary on this while in the US this summer. The original story is a single female diver who was stuck out there for a couple of days. She was a documentary maker or something and as part of it they took her back to swim with sharks again.

Sorry just spotted this. As far as I can recall, the actual events of the divers dying was in Aussie. As ever the US is making the film so they've made it all closer to home and filmed it somehere in the Carribean. It may well be that as you say one of the film makers also had a lost by the boat experience.

Anyway, back to the film reviews. Surprised noone in this thread has mentioned they've been watching Star Wars given the reent release of DVDs (OK there was a thread dedicated to the DVD, but we do like a bit of duplication on this board :dozey: )

etccarmageddon 30-09-2004 13:31

Shaun of the Dead - 9 out of 10 - at last a film made here that isnt crap!

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 13:33

I saw sky captain last night - but I can'd decide if i like it or not!!!!

So for now 5/10 - maybe to be changed after I watch it again :)

Nugget 30-09-2004 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovedGoalPosts
Anyway, back to the film reviews. Surprised noone in this thread has mentioned they've been watching Star Wars given the reent release of DVDs (OK there was a thread dedicated to the DVD, but we do like a bit of duplication on this board :dozey: )

Well, seeing as you mentioned it ;) , I've been watching all 3 over the last few days, and can safely report that they all get 10/10 :tu:

I'll also give 10/10 to the documentary on the bonus disk as well, 'cos it's brill!

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
Well, seeing as you mentioned it ;) , I've been watching all 3 over the last few days, and can safely report that they all get 10/10 :tu:

I'll also give 10/10 to the documentary on the bonus disk as well, 'cos it's brill!

I've only managed to watch Star Wars : A new hope and the bonus disc so far :)

I was very impressed with the bonus disc.

Star Wars was very good - but I did find a couple of flaws with the sound track (creative decisions rather than physical problems) so I'd only give it a 9/10....

etccarmageddon 30-09-2004 13:54

it's a shame it's just the same 3 versions that were at the cinema in summer 1997. new money for old rope. still I suppose for you young people this will be your first time!

I even remember back in 1977 going to the flicks as a kid to see the original 'star wars' film. those were the days... the original movie without touch ups in a cinema where this 'usher' girl came up to me after I pressed the button on my watch to light it up and check the time. "if you use that touch again I'll throw you out"! These days you cant watch a film without some plonker on a mobile ruining it - perhaps that's why DVD is so popular.

I rate Star Wars from my viewing in the 1970s as 10 out of 10 due to the fact that I went back to see it again and as a kid at school if you had only seen it once you were a fool!

I rate the 1997 revamped versions as 10 out of 10.

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 14:20

Quote:

it's a shame it's just the same 3 versions that were at the cinema in summer 1997. new money for old rope. still I suppose for you young people this will be your first time!

Although they are extremely similar to the 1997 release they are NOT the same.

Quote:

I rate Star Wars from my viewing in the 1970s as 10 out of 10 due to the fact that I went back to see it again and as a kid at school if you had only seen it once you were a fool!

I rate the 1997 revamped versions as 10 out of 10.

They are good no doubt - but I get the impression that they are not going to stay the same for the 2007 release that lucas has planned....

etccarmageddon 30-09-2004 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
They are good no doubt - but I get the impression that they are not going to stay the same for the 2007 release that lucas has planned....

what!!! another revamp in 2007!

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 15:26

Quote:

what!!! another revamp in 2007!

..and a release in HDTV format.

SMHarman 30-09-2004 16:15

Quote:

..and a release in HDTV format.

30th aniversary edition!

dilli-theclaw 30-09-2004 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMHarman
30th aniversary edition!

The 'I've now finished all the films so how much do I need to change the old ones to fit in edition' ;)

SOSAGES 01-10-2004 10:44

hopefully by then we will all have TV's capable of showing HDTV :)

etccarmageddon 01-10-2004 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salu
Taking lives....with Angelina Jolie.

As if that wasn't reason enough, it was a very good psychological thriller which wasn't plainly predictable. About a serial killer who after killing his victims stole their identity and lived their lives until he outgrew their age.

8/10

you're not going to be happy with my review then! just seen this last night and this movie has a number of problems...

1. the score/background incidental music - bloody awful and out of sync with the action. it belongs in those scenes from friends where joey plays 'Dr Drake Remorez'. totally ruins tension in a number of scenes.

2. oliver martinez - apart from his character being a redundant part of the movie we had to turn the sound up high to try and figure out what on earth this crap actor was saying - and we still couldnt.

3. the script - all over the place and since when did a serial killer profiler behave like such a crap detective?

4. DNA - a major plot hole. I'd expect the cops to have taken DNA samples and had DNA been taken from a suspect early in the film the script would not have worked!

It had great ideas and the director and the sound production ruined them.

The first 8 mins or so are brilliant though and belong in another movie.

The film is just about watchable as a B movie but not worth anything other than renting. I had high hopes for this film and had been looking forward to it for months. :(

Mal 01-10-2004 20:54

Just seen Layer Cake...

Very good. Good style by the director. Good story. Well, I enjoyed it at any rate...

Anyone for a cup of tea? ;)

Richard M 02-10-2004 01:23

Brassed Off

Got it free with the Mirror about a week ago but I've seen it before.
This film made by Channel 4 is actually a quite depressing movie for people like myself living in South Wales and Yorkshire because it reminds you of how hard times can be in the South Wales valleys and parts of Yorkshire.

In these times when everything is all about "technology", it's easy to forget about the guys who worked in the mines like soldiers for years.

Now that the mines are gone, it's easy to see why parts of the South Wales valleys are no-go areas full of crime - that's all they can do to survive. :(

Mal 02-10-2004 21:47

Just saw Collateral today. Though that it was good. Different to see Tom Cruise play the baddie.

Earl of Bronze 02-10-2004 23:32

Saw Resident Evil 2, while in Canada.

Not a bad movie, especially seeing as it's based in an arcade game.

Personally I'd give it a 7/10 as an action movie. Nice to be able to leave you're brain in a bucket, and enjoy an action-fest.

bb31 04-10-2004 00:48

just seen wimbledon, and imo gets a 8/10. but i like chick flicks so all you boys out there dont bother going to see it.

a good story about an ageing flagging tennis player who falls in love while at wimbledon and ends up winning the title. bought a little tear to my eye too.

etccarmageddon 04-10-2004 08:21

'against the ropes' staring Meg Ryan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312329

very very poor movie - recommended for insomnia sufferers.

dilli-theclaw 05-10-2004 22:59

Atlantis : The Lost Empire...... 6/10 - Not bad for an animated thingy....

Next on my list - The Butterfly Effect.

Tezcatlipoca 10-10-2004 23:48

Matchstick Men

A Ridley Scott film, with Nic Cage as an obsessive/compulsive con-man.

Started off slowly, I thought, but soon got much better. Very good cast, & a twisty-ending. Worth watching :tu:

Dave Stones 10-10-2004 23:51

saw

amazingly good and gruesome. more twists and turns than a roller coaster....

10/10 :D

Halcyon 11-10-2004 00:41

Man On Fire

Quality film. 9/10

Lots of action / Lots of cool shots of Mexico City / Good actors / Good Storyline.

Reminded me a little of the film "Leon", which is also very good.

Maggy 11-10-2004 00:44

Quote:

Man On Fire

Quality film. 9/10

Lots of action / Lots of cool shots of Mexico City / Good actors / Good Storyline.

Reminded me a little of the film "Leon", which is also very good.

Who stars,directs?A bit more info would be nice. :tu:

Halcyon 11-10-2004 01:28

Action/Adventure and Thriller
2 hrs. 26 min.
Denzel Washington stars as a government operative/soldier of fortune who has pretty much given up on life. In Mexico City, he reluctantly agrees to take a job to protect a child (Fanning) whose parents are threatened by a wave of kidnappings. He eventually becomes close to the child and their relationship reawakens and rekindles his spirit. When she is abducted, his fiery rage is unleashed on those he feels responsible, and he stops at nothing to save her.

Starring: Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Christopher Walken, Marc Anthony, Radha Mitchell Directed by: Tony Scott Produced by: Lucas Foster, Arnon Milchan, Tony Scott

Maggy 11-10-2004 01:31

Quote:

Action/Adventure and Thriller
2 hrs. 26 min.
Denzel Washington stars as a government operative/soldier of fortune who has pretty much given up on life. In Mexico City, he reluctantly agrees to take a job to protect a child (Fanning) whose parents are threatened by a wave of kidnappings. He eventually becomes close to the child and their relationship reawakens and rekindles his spirit. When she is abducted, his fiery rage is unleashed on those he feels responsible, and he stops at nothing to save her.

Starring: Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Christopher Walken, Marc Anthony, Radha Mitchell Directed by: Tony Scott Produced by: Lucas Foster, Arnon Milchan, Tony Scott

Ah...what's happened to Denzil Washington lately?He seems to have given up on acting and gone for the all action stuff.

SOSAGES 11-10-2004 10:50

raising helen and shark tale -

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ignore helen and only watch shark tale if u have kids and are very bored.

Tezcatlipoca 11-10-2004 21:31

Van Helsing

Hmm. Stupid, but enjoyable. One of those "switch off your brain & enjoy the action & FX" movies.

dilli-theclaw 11-10-2004 21:39

The last movie I saw was Twelve Monkeys - and it made just as much sense this time as the last time I saw it :)

7/10

smegs 21-10-2004 18:59

Last night i went to see Man On Fire Denzel Washington is in it and it was really good i'd give it 10/10

Stuartbe 21-10-2004 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by smegs
Last night i went to see Man On Fire Denzel Washington is in it and it was really good i'd give it 10/10

!! Dont you mean WE went to see ??? :D

Ramrod 21-10-2004 19:44

Ice Age on dvd. Watched it with the kids........brilliant film :tu: :D
.....that little squirrely thing :rofl:

Tezcatlipoca 23-10-2004 01:17

House of Flying Daggers

Excellent martial arts movie from the team behind "Hero".

Good story, great cast, & amazing fight scenes. Definitely worth seeing :)

SOSAGES 02-11-2004 14:16

ive seen a lot lately none that have stood out so no reviews ...

Oh i may as well say that the best film lately was:
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2004/11/14.jpg
silly but fun.

dilli-theclaw 02-11-2004 19:38

Dog Soldiers 5/10. OK I guess

punky 04-11-2004 00:34

I SO love the American Pie movies. All of them.

Steve H 04-11-2004 00:46

Quote:

Dog Soldiers 5/10. OK I guess

Your joking me, Dog Soldiers is one of my fave all time films :(

I'd give it at the min 8/10.