Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Renewals & Cancellations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33677755)

General Maximus 05-05-2022 23:08

Re: Renewals & Cancellations

I didn't even bother with it. The only Equalizer I have ever known is Denzel Washington. I don't mind a female being cast in the role but it needed to be somebody who could kick ass more like Ming-Na Wen, Jennifer Garner (aka Sydney Bristow), Laura Vandervoort, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jessica Alba, Rachel Nichols, Erica Durance, Jessica Henwick, Eliza Dushku, basically anyone we have ever seen kick ass. They were all young at the time they were famous and would be perfect choices now as they could play the older wiser seasoned veteran role.

Chris 05-05-2022 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36121283)
I didn't even bother with it. The only Equalizer I have ever known is Denzel Washington. I don't mind a female being cast in the role but it needed to be somebody who could kick ass more like Ming-Na Wen, Jennifer Garner (aka Sydney Bristow), Laura Vandervoort, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jessica Alba, Rachel Nichols, Erica Durance, Jessica Henwick, Eliza Dushku, basically anyone we have ever seen kick ass. They were all young at the time they were famous and would be perfect choices now as they could play the older wiser seasoned veteran role.

Eh? The only Equalizer is Edward Woodward. He overcomes crooks by showing up in an early 80s Jaguar XJ6 and intimidating them with his cut-glass accent and devastating logical mind. He leaves the grunt work to his sidekick.

And he rides into the sunset accompanied by the most mental synth theme tune ever written for TV.

Paul 05-05-2022 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36121284)
Eh? The only Equalizer is Edward Woodward.

I was thinking that as well. I didnt bother with the film either.

General Maximus 05-05-2022 23:23

Too old for me

https://www.cableforum.uk/images/local/2022/05/6.gif

Hugh 06-05-2022 00:31

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Eh? The only Equalizer is Edward Woodward. He overcomes crooks by showing up in an early 80s Jaguar XJ6 and intimidating them with his cut-glass accent and devastating logical mind. He leaves the grunt work to his sidekick.

And he rides into the sunset accompanied by the most mental synth theme tune ever written for TV.

Lonely?*

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...3&d=1651789829

*showing my age

telegramsam 06-05-2022 10:31

Quote:

Was thinking the same

1701-e 06-05-2022 11:10

The Stuart Copeland theme for the eighties show is legendary
The reinvented show is a bit of fun. No point in remaking the original.
A two season renewal shows a bit of confidence in the new show even when they sacked a main star (Noth).
Queen latifah does kick ass rather well so bring it on.
As I say a guilty pleasure but not ground breaking TV.

General Maximus 10-05-2022 00:36

The entire FBI franchise has been renewed for another two seasons:

FBI for seasons 5 and 6
FBI: Most Wanted for seasons 4 and 5
FBI: International for seasons 2 and 3

pip08456 10-05-2022 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36121283)

Have to agree with Chris here. Edward Woodward, the best Equaliser by far.

BTW you missed Melissa O'Neil off the girls who could do it. She kicked ass in Dark Matter and has done in The Rookie, only 4 yrs younger than Laura as well.

Meanwhile, here's something to cheer you up! :D

General Maximus 10-05-2022 11:50

I had no idea. I would have voted for her if I could. I just hope that if Dark Matter comes back or if she is in another series that she gets the opportunity to sing if she would like to. It would have been a massive surprise for me and I would have been blown away.

Paul 12-05-2022 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36100320)
SurrealEstate has been cancelled. :(

SurrealEstate has been uncancelled.

SyFy have changed their minds and renewed it for a second season, to air in 2023.

General Maximus 12-05-2022 02:25

Upload has been renewed for a third season

TimeLord2018 12-05-2022 21:01

Naomi, 4400, Dynasty, Charmed, Roswell: New Mexico and In the Dark - Cancelled by The CW

Magnum P.I.’ Canceled By CBS After 4 Seasons

Jaymoss 12-05-2022 21:06

Gutted about In the Dark and Magnum but at least Magnum had a happy ending kinda

In The Dark starts airing its 4th Season in June though are you sure they have cancelled it?

Stephen 12-05-2022 21:14

I'm still enjoying Magnum. Gutted it's cancelled. The blonde is hot.

Not surprised about the 4400 remake it was terrible.