Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Renewals & Cancellations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33677755)

pip08456 05-03-2019 23:09

Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35985480)
yeah I read that the other day, I think Coulson leaked it in a press interview. I don't look at it as being cancelled, the series will be ending as planned after 7 seasons and the writers have got two years to ensure their vision comes to fruition, the characters are respected and story is wrapped up properly and they can plan everything meticulously like GoT and ensure it is done perfectly and in no way rushed. Very few series can say they are given this opportunity.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/m...-season-seven/

He leaked in a Den of Geek interview about a week ago.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/agen...d-season-7-end

Paul 07-03-2019 05:11

Arrow has been cancelled by CW.
Season 8 will be the final season, and will only consist of 10 episodes.

General Maximus 07-03-2019 07:13

Halle flipping lujah

denphone 07-03-2019 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35985554)
Halle flipping lujah

Not your favourite show General?

General Maximus 07-03-2019 08:21

I used to enjoy it but the last couple of seasons have been really bad. The bad guy has been completely OTT and the main characters have done completely unrealistic stuff for the sake of drawing out the story. They should let the show die with dignity.

Stephen 07-03-2019 10:24

I am still enjoying Arrow. This 7th Season has been pretty good.

However as with a lot of shows once you get to 7-8 seasons then they can be pretty dead in the water.

I thought season 5 of Arrow was the worst and I did loose interest for a while.

At least it will end with a final shorter season. Especially with Crisis coming next year as the big crossover event with the other DC Arrowverse shows.

General Maximus 07-03-2019 10:44

I could understand them wanting to keep it going for the sake of the DCU a couple of years ago but there is no need now, they are banging out new series left, right and centre.

adzii_nufc 07-03-2019 11:16

I'm seeing it as the end rather than being cancelled. The show will end with Crisis on Infinite Earth's which is presumably where Oliver dies given his promise to the monitor. I'd much rather have it like that too than have it continue on with Emiko Queen.

With the existence of LoT it's unlikely the last time Amell plays the green arrow though.

Paul 07-03-2019 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35985569)
At least it will end with a final shorter season. Especially with Crisis coming next year as the big crossover event with the other DC Arrowverse shows.

This is probably the only reason it got renewed, and why its only 10 episodes - its almost certainly going to finish on the crossover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35985583)
With the existence of LoT it's unlikely the last time Amell plays the green arrow though.

True, dont forget he could also appear in Supergirl or The Flash (even if he dies, they both have time travel capabilities).

Paul 07-03-2019 22:23

Netflix has renewed The Umbrella Academy for Season 2.

General Maximus 08-03-2019 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35985658)
Netflix has renewed The Umbrella Academy for Season 2.

I don't know what to make of it tbh, the premise was good but I thought it dragged on for a lot longer than it needed to and I felt like we didn't get enough super hero action. I would have liked to have seen them work together as a group a lot more and kick some ass. I don't know what the story plans are for down the road but hopefully once they have sorted Vanya out they can come together as a team and go on missions together.

Paul 12-03-2019 04:52

The Blacklist has been renewed for Season 7.

telegramsam 12-03-2019 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35986141)
The Blacklist has been renewed for Season 7.

Good news,I want more of this program.

1701-e 12-03-2019 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35986153)
Good news,I want more of this program.

Pure nonsense- love it. S6 is going so well ATM.

Paul 15-03-2019 01:10

The 100 has been renewed for Season 7.

Season 6 is due to start at the end of April.