Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   V HD : Catch Up - missing programmes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705861)

murfitUK 27-12-2017 18:49

Catch Up - missing programmes

I am missing lots of programmes from catch-up and wonder if anyone else has a problem. The ones I am particularly keen to watch are

Feud: Bette and Joan (episodes 3 and 4 broadcast BBC2 Saturday 23/12/17)
and
Doctor Who (BBC1 Christmas Day)

There are too many to list on other channels like Universal, Alibi and Fox. Not too worried about these as often they are available for weeks after, but the BBC ones are only up for 7 days.

OLD BOY 27-12-2017 19:38

Re: Catch Up - missing programmes

Quote:

Originally Posted by murfitUK (Post 35930123)
I am missing lots of programmes from catch-up and wonder if anyone else has a problem. The ones I am particularly keen to watch are

Feud: Bette and Joan (episodes 3 and 4 broadcast BBC2 Saturday 23/12/17)
and
Doctor Who (BBC1 Christmas Day)

There are too many to list on other channels like Universal, Alibi and Fox. Not too worried about these as often they are available for weeks after, but the BBC ones are only up for 7 days.

The BBC iPlayer currently has all 8 episodes of Bette and Joan on it.

On my Catch-Up service, episodes 1-4 are displayed.

Try re-booting your box, and if that doesn't work, go to 'Apps & Games' on your menu and select the BBC i-Player. I am assuming you either have a Tivo or V6 box. If not, your version of the iPlayer may not have all 8 episodes on it.

nodrogd 27-12-2017 21:06

I'd put money on the OP having a legacy box & not having access to the BBC's app. The same thing happened last year when it took several days to upload the backlog of material onto VM's OD servers.

murfitUK 27-12-2017 23:25

I've got an old box - think it is called just V but might be V HD. I have check the BBC i-player and these eps are not on it. The BBC used to be best on catch-up but now hardly any of their progs show.

I find catch-up to be so unreliable now that it is not worth having.

Does anyone know if these particular programmes will be added to catch up before the week is out or do I have to contact support myself?

OLD BOY 28-12-2017 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by murfitUK (Post 35930148)
I've got an old box - think it is called just V but might be V HD. I have check the BBC i-player and these eps are not on it. The BBC used to be best on catch-up but now hardly any of their progs show.

I find catch-up to be so unreliable now that it is not worth having.

Does anyone know if these particular programmes will be added to catch up before the week is out or do I have to contact support myself?

It is worth getting in touch with Customer Services, but I would really advise you to get a new V6 box. You might be able to get a good deal, particularly if you haven't updated your package for a while.

spiderplant 28-12-2017 09:13

There is already an open fault ticket for Doctor Who. I've just raised one for Feud: Bette and Joan.

murfitUK 28-12-2017 09:51

Thanks spider.

No BBC progs at all on catch-up from 11am yesterday (Wednesday).

I haven't updated package for years - maybe I should give it a try. I still miss my old Nynex box, at least I could record from it onto vhs then I'd only worry about missing a prog if the tape got chewed up. [Not joking. Have had cable since Nynex, then it became ntl before VM.]

spiderplant 28-12-2017 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by murfitUK (Post 35930172)

That one's already logged as well.

Quote:

I still miss my old Nynex box, at least I could record from it onto vhs

Can't you record from your current box onto VHS?

OLD BOY 28-12-2017 12:15

Quote:

Thanks spider.

I haven't updated package for years - maybe I should give it a try. I still miss my old Nynex box, at least I could record from it onto vhs then I'd only worry about missing a prog if the tape got chewed up. [Not joking. Have had cable since Nynex, then it became ntl before VM.]

I think you will find it far easier to record on a V6! I hated those VHS tapes!

murfitUK 29-12-2017 19:52

I've been on the phone to faults and after running some tests they have found no problems. She kept asking me what error message came up when I tried to watch a catch-up programme. It took ages to explain that I couldn't select a prog because there was nothing there. Anyway she says she will escalate it to the network team and it may take up to 15 days to resolve.

No BBC, Channel 4 or Channel 5 progs on catch-up since Tuesday.

I'll wait til the new year and then enquire about a new V+ or tivo box. Don't really want to pay any more than I do now but it might solve some problems.

OLD BOY 29-12-2017 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by murfitUK (Post 35930330)
I've been on the phone to faults and after running some tests they have found no problems. She kept asking me what error message came up when I tried to watch a catch-up programme. It took ages to explain that I couldn't select a prog because there was nothing there. Anyway she says she will escalate it to the network team and it may take up to 15 days to resolve.

I'll wait til the new year and then enquire about a new V+ or tivo box. Don't really want to pay any more than I do now but it might solve some problems.

I don’t think you will get a V+ box now. However, the V6 is your best bet. The Tivos are too slow these days.

spiderplant 29-12-2017 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by murfitUK (Post 35930330)

The fault is now reported to be fixed, but it'll take a while for all the missing programmes to be uploaded to all the regions.

Doctor Who was affected by a different fault and may not be fixed yet.

Raider999 30-12-2017 09:55

Last night, I recorded the championship rugby Doncaster v Yorkshire Carnegie on Sky Sports Action HD - or at least I should have.

The recording happened, but was not the live match as expected.

I tried going back in the EPG, saw it was on again earlier this morning but was unable to watch it - only set a series link.

The match was played, might well have been a cracker judging by the result.

Anyone have:

1) any idea why my recording was not as expected?

2) why I cannot watch it via catch-up?

muppetman11 30-12-2017 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35930366)
Last night, I recorded the championship rugby Doncaster v Yorkshire Carnegie on Sky Sports Action HD - or at least I should have.

The recording happened, but was not the live match as expected.

I tried going back in the EPG, saw it was on again earlier this morning but was unable to watch it - only set a series link.

The match was played, might well have been a cracker judging by the result.

Anyone have:

1) any idea why my recording was not as expected?

2) why I cannot watch it via catch-up?

It's on again at the moment

Raider999 30-12-2017 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35930380)
It's on again at the moment

Thanks for the reply, just read message - obviously too late to watch it.

Checked EPG, as I did this morning, shouldn't have been on - which channel was it on?

Obviously Virgin cannot be bothered to keep the EPG up to date.