Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707215)

vincerooney 07-01-2019 14:00

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35978111)
That'll be the Changelog! When was the last time Virgin Media confirmed a new channel? Admiitedly they did that with Starzplay....that went well, didn't it?

The return of UKTV was also announced in advance, but that was an unusual dispute situation. We still haven't got the increased on demand programming we were promised.

I think people forget about the change log old boy as nothing is usually posted there as we rarely get anything... for people who don’t want discussion or rumours just go to the change log and never come here. You’ll get cold hard facts there of any new channels, channels being removed or new services

The coming soon thread is to discuss and debate rumours etc.

System works very well I think!

OLD BOY 07-01-2019 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35978135)
Surely they're isn't anything on UKTV you'd want to watch anyway OB ;)
(apart from the wonderful vet drama 'All Things Bright and Beautiful', with Timothy Christopher :) ).

I didn't say I watched it at all, Mr K! I did record 'Harrow' as it was new (a rarity on UKTV) and was severely unimpressed! Some of the stuff on there is OK, but of course it's been on before.

denphone 07-01-2019 20:20

Starzplay coming to Virgin TV on the 9th of January.

jfman 07-01-2019 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 35978138)
The coming soon thread is to discuss and debate rumours etc.

If so it's got the wrong name.

"My mate down the pub says we will get Sky Atlantic by the end of the month. His cousin dog sits for someone who works in a VM call centre on Saturdays and Sundays."

epsilon 07-01-2019 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 35978240)

"My mate down the pub says we will get Sky Atlantic by the end of the month. His cousin dog sits for someone who works in a VM call centre on Saturdays and Sundays."

Sounds legit...

OLD BOY 08-01-2019 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35978235)
Starzplay coming to Virgin TV on the 9th of January.

Good news, Den. Has this been confirmed anywhere?

denphone 08-01-2019 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35978287)
Good news, Den. Has this been confirmed anywhere?

It was on Virgins discovery content bar OB.

OLD BOY 08-01-2019 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35978288)
It was on Virgins discovery content bar OB.

Thanks, Den.

Raider999 08-01-2019 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 35978240)

I quite agree, as a relative new year to the forum I was unaware of the 'change log' wherever that is.

This thread should really have the word "Rumoured" at the start of its title so everyone knows it is just that.

OLD BOY 08-01-2019 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35978356)
I quite agree, as a relative new year to the forum I was unaware of the 'change log' wherever that is.

This thread should really have the word "Rumoured" at the start of its title so everyone knows it is just that.

Except that it is not only rumours that are posted to this thread. Also included are official announcements, media reports, forecasts and speculation.

I agree that 'coming soon' may be a bit of an exaggeration, but now that you have been appraised of the general idea, you are up to speed and can choose whether or not you wish to read this thread.

If we just had confirmed developments, there would be very little to report and this thread would disappear from the index, which for some reason is restricted to one and a bit pages of titles at the moment.

spiderplant 08-01-2019 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35978365)
which for some reason is restricted to one and a bit pages of titles at the moment.

Try changing your "Default Thread Age Cut Off" in User CP

Maggy 08-01-2019 15:52

Let's just accept that rumours and official notices collide all the time on the internet. Quite often official notices turn out to be nothing of the kind. As for speculation why not? It gives members hope. Also topic matter is extremely fluid on this thread. I gave up trying to apply that a long time ago. However it's not a general chat thread so do actually try to discuss what's coming soon to Virgin TV gossip or otherwise.

OLD BOY 08-01-2019 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35978383)
Try changing your "Default Thread Age Cut Off" in User CP

Thanks, spider - didn't realise that option was there!

trevrpb 09-01-2019 09:43

Hi all,

Going back to the rebrand of ATR to SkySportsRacing, do we know if/when Virgin are getting the HD variant. All the lead up since the announcement was made early last year about this, it was alluded that Virgin would be getting it in HD and there was even a sponsored race at Newcastle early January with a title of Watch SKySportsRacing HD on Virgin ....'(Channel No was wrong, saying 435 instead of 535).

I've seen a date of 8th January mentioned elsewhere, but now see 25th as a date.

As regards to it becoming part of SkySports premium package, personally do not see that happening..yet. It really is being used as a vehicle to plug the premium Sky Sports / Sky Cinema channels.

If/when Sky manage to secure rights to more channels from more of the top courses from RacingTV, then it may be that they include it as part of the main SkySports package. They have already got the rights back for Ascot from March 2019 and Chester. (Bangor as well). But although I am an avid horse racing follower, it really doesn't have as much mainstream appeal as some racing fans seem to think it has, so Sky have to factor that in, if they are thinking about making it a 'premium' channel

Trev

denphone 09-01-2019 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrpb (Post 35978535)
Hi all,

Going back to the rebrand of ATR to SkySportsRacing, do we know if/when Virgin are getting the HD variant. All the lead up since the announcement was made early last year about this, it was alluded that Virgin would be getting it in HD and there was even a sponsored race at Newcastle early January with a title of Watch SKySportsRacing HD on Virgin ....'(Channel No was wrong, saying 435 instead of 535).

I've seen a date of 8th January mentioned elsewhere, but now see 25th as a date.

There was a site that said Sky Sports Racing HD was coming on then 8th of January but of course there was no substantiation of that by the companies involved.

Have you any link that says it is coming on the 25th of January?.

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Quote:

As regards to it becoming part of SkySports premium package, personally do not see that happening..yet. It really is being used as a vehicle to plug the premium Sky Sports / Sky Cinema channels.

Yes you are probably right in the short term but longer term that might change.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 ----------

Quote:

If/when Sky manage to secure rights to more channels from more of the top courses from RacingTV, then it may be that they include it as part of the main SkySports package. They have already got the rights back for Ascot from March 2019 and Chester. (Bangor as well). But although I am an avid horse racing follower, it really doesn't have as much mainstream appeal as some racing fans seem to think it has, so Sky have to factor that in, if they are thinking about making it a 'premium' channel

Indeed this will play out over the next few years as some racecourses come to the end of their current contract with Racing TV as Sky have huge finances which will be hard to resist especially for the independent racecourses who are not tied to Jockey Club Racecourses or the other racing groups.