Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33681059)

muppetman11 09-10-2011 10:01

Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35312526)
According to this public appetite for 3D still has a long way to go.

http://www.televisual.com/news-detai...y_nid-824.html

Time will tell Den , I personally like it, granted though at the moment it only consumes a small percentage of my total TV viewing.

denphone 09-10-2011 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35312533)
Time will tell Den , I personally like it, granted though at the moment it only consumes a small percentage of my total TV viewing.

Yes l suspect its very good and there will always be people who will spend extra on a new 3DTV set but in this current economic climate a new 3DTV set is well down the list of most peoples spending priorities.

Chad 09-10-2011 21:14

I've received an e-mail from SKY to confirm my order. The e-mail reads as follows:

"Dear Mr -----------

We're happy to confirm the equipment you've ordered below:

Broadband Box: £ 0.00
Sky+HD: £ 0.00
Wired Connection for Sky Anytime+: £ 0.00
SkyHD Box: £ 0.00
Install Visit: £ 0.00

Total Price: £ 0.00

Rest assured that if you need delivery and installation, then that's all been sorted too.

You'll get any relevant terms and conditions with your product when it arrives.

Should you need to cancel any products that you've ordered from us, please refer to our cancellation policy by scrolling down at the end of this message.

In the meantime, there's no need for you to do anything, just sit back and let us do the work.

Thanks for choosing Sky. We're sure you're going to enjoy the world of entertainment soon to be at your fingertips.

The Sky Team"

I know this will appear to be a very simple question however shouldn't the mini-dish appear as part of the equipment ordered too?

muppetman11 09-10-2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35312813)
I've received an e-mail from SKY to confirm my order. The e-mail reads as follows:

"Dear Mr -----------

We're happy to confirm the equipment you've ordered below:
Broadband Box: £ 0.00
Sky+HD: £ 0.00
Wired Connection for Sky Anytime+: £ 0.00
SkyHD Box: £ 0.00
Install Visit: £ 0.00

Total Price: £ 0.00

Rest assured that if you need delivery and installation, then that's all been sorted too.

You'll get any relevant terms and conditions with your product when it arrives.

Should you need to cancel any products that you've ordered from us, please refer to our cancellation policy by scrolling down at the end of this message.

In the meantime, there's no need for you to do anything, just sit back and let us do the work.

Thanks for choosing Sky. We're sure you're going to enjoy the world of entertainment soon to be at your fingertips.

The Sky Team"

I know this will appear to be a very simple question however shouldn't the mini-dish appear as part of the equipment ordered too?

Don't worry its included , you know your STB needs to be connected to a landline for a year don't you ? The Sky+HD box you will receive will be an Amstrad DRX 890 as Sky own Amstrad now.

Chad 09-10-2011 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35312818)
you know your STB needs to be connected to a landline for a year don't you ?

I did read that, in fact I'm sure both boxes I'm getting need to be connected for 12 months. Again I've never been with SKY so don't know what impact this will have, if any, with my phone and broadband? Is the STB being connected a bad thing?

SKY is making me feel "simples":D

muppetman11 09-10-2011 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35312827)
I did read that, in fact I'm sure both boxes I'm getting need to be connected for 12 months. Again I've never been with SKY so don't know what impact this will have, if any, with my phone and broadband? Is the STB being connected a bad thing?

SKY is making me feel "simples":D

You must keep both boxes connected to the phone line , there is no impact it's just part of your contract. Are you taking two Sky+HD boxes or is your second just a SkyHD (non PVR) ?

Chad 09-10-2011 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35312828)
You must keep both boxes connected to the phone line , there is no impact it's just part of your contract. Are you taking two Sky+HD boxes or is your second just a SkyHD (non PVR) ?

Yeah 1 SKY+HD and just a normal SKYHD box. I'm looking forward to accessing SKY Anytime+.

martyh 09-10-2011 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35312828)

Is that just if you have sky bb ,because i have no connection to my stb

muppetman11 09-10-2011 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35312833)
Is that just if you have sky bb ,because i have no connection to my stb

No you are meant to have it for every new STB installed however if you only have 1 STB they don't seem to police it , however they do on multiroom installs part of you getting your second box for 10.25 a month is your boxes must be connected to your landline. A friend of mine who has multiroom got a letter saying if he didn't plug his multiroom box into the landline they would charge him another full subscription.

martyh 09-10-2011 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35312836)
No you are meant to have it for every new STB installed however if you only have 1 STB they don't seem to police it , however they do on multiroom installs part of you getting your second box for 10.25 a month is your boxes must be connected to your landline. A friend of mine who has multiroom got a letter saying if he didn't plug his multiroom box into the landline they would charge him another full subscription.

well i have got 3 SKY + HD boxes and none are connected to the BT landline ,i thought that was only to recieve things like sky +and go interactive

correction 1 hd sky+ 2 HD boxes

muppetman11 09-10-2011 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35312853)
well i have got 3 SKY + HD boxes and none are connected to the BT landline ,i thought that was only to recieve things like sky +and go interactive

Have a read of this
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...2&postcount=11

New to cable 10-10-2011 12:52

DAVE HD Ha launched on Sky channel 111

As title,

First HD programme is TOPGEAR @5pm then all SD until 10pm so.....

HD content on day 1

5pm TopGear
10pm Jo brands big splash
11pm Shooting Stars
11:30pm That Mitchell and Webb look
00:30am Red Bull X-Fighters 2011
02:00am Shooting Stars

muppetman11 10-10-2011 17:00

Can't see myself watching much on that channel.

New to cable 12-10-2011 12:01

Watch HD has launched Sky channel 109.

As thread title, enjoy....................

muppetman11 12-10-2011 15:55

Sky axes Britain's biggest magazine

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/market...st-magazine.do