Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33606817)

buba3d 24-01-2007 20:17

Re: Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

i bet any money sky are behind this.

I'M MISSING MY GOD DAMN NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING.

Octimon 24-01-2007 20:30

Just sat down to watch the Arsenal/Spurs game. Not at all happy. There had better be a refund on offer

Rorschach 24-01-2007 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by buba3d (Post 34205372)
i bet any money sky are behind this.

I'M MISSING MY GOD DAMN NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING.

And the last part of Triangle. (ON BBCHD no less)

Buggeration!!!!!!

Rorschach

boofuls 24-01-2007 20:48

Have just come across this board while looking for any info on why my NTL TV wasn't working. It's been a great help, thanks everyone!

markypussbag 24-01-2007 21:17

Ntl is a major doubt. Just spoke to my mate that works in Ntl Glasgow. They were told to just finish up tonight and return tomorrow for a briefing. He thinks there could be dismissals due to the virgin takeover.

They have had to close down certains points

handyman 24-01-2007 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by markypussbag (Post 34205436)
Ntl is a major doubt. Just spoke to my mate that works in Ntl Glasgow. They were told to just finish up tonight and return tomorrow for a briefing. He thinks there could be dismissals due to the virgin takeover.

One would imagine that they will place a main IVR message about this and as such no technical help will be needed, the briefing may well be to issue a defence statement to the CSR's.

boofuls 24-01-2007 21:20

Quote:

So when do you think they will restore the TV service?

Bytecon 24-01-2007 21:24

Yep, In Belfast here and still having TV problems! Have had to get the TV Antennas out!

Stephen 24-01-2007 21:31

Quote:

It wasn't a Virgin Takeover. NTL Bought Virgin Mobile.

There wouldn't be redundancies due to that though.

James79 24-01-2007 21:32

I think NTL will be trying to remedy the problem as soon as possible. I my opinion, they would probably have to do so within 24 hours.

Any longer than this and the number of requests for compensation will grow (probably exponentially).

Im sure Orange are already looking into the their legal position - thousands of their customers were cut off (Northern Ireland alone). I dont know how far reaching the actual fault was. Surely Orange will now be looking some sort of recompense (is that a word). They will also be looking for assurance that the fault will NEVER happen again!! Perhaps a backup for the backup is required????

Think I'll go and watch a DVD now!! Here's a thought - go and hire a movie out of your local store (Blockbuster or otherwise) and bill NTL for it?? Is that fair??

;)

Fingy 24-01-2007 21:33

Quote:

And this has what to do with the service not working this evening. What does your friend do? Sales? Customer Service? Business? Back office?

James79 24-01-2007 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYoda (Post 34205448)
It wasn't a Virgin Takeover. NTL Bought Virgin Mobile.

There wouldn't be redundancies due to that though.

Do you think people could get the sack for this outtage?? Only if it was down to human error and can be attributed to one or more individuals??

markypussbag 24-01-2007 21:34

Yeah it will be Virgin Media but they are being told to brace themseles. Something is not right here.

It was on sky news there.

James79 24-01-2007 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by markypussbag (Post 34205456)
Yeah it will be Virgin Media but they are being told to brace themseles. Something is not right here.

It was on sky news there.

LOL.

I was gonna tune into Sky News to see if the report is on again!! Duh - NTL is still off!! Bedtime methinks!! :Yikes:

KenK 24-01-2007 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by James79 (Post 34205454)
Do you think people could get the sack for this outtage?? Only if it was down to human error and can be attributed to one or more individuals??

It'd be a bit harsh to sack someone for a simple error - have you never made a mistake? Unless it was deliberate, or the person was on a final warning for carelessness. My money's on the Greatest Underground Cable Detector in the World - a JCB !