Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33606817)

banannie 24-01-2007 17:43

Re: TV outage in Belfast?

I'm in Glasgow too. I'm just relieved its not just me :) Guess I'll have to do something useful instead....

Terry 24-01-2007 17:47

Got through on 150. Just said whole of N Ireland out and no idea when it will be back on line. Broadband, phone and analog pass through working fine for me. The stb wont accept more than two digits and then goes back to zero. Hope this saves anyone from hanging on the phone

Fingy 24-01-2007 17:47

Don't be expecting it back on too soon, quite a big problem which is also affecting the orange network.

Peil 24-01-2007 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingy (Post 34205229)
Don't be expecting it back on too soon, quite a big problem which is also affecting the orange network.

Would that be the Orange mobile phone network, or the site to site computer network?

Fingy 24-01-2007 18:04

mobile phone network... no idea what that site to site computer network is. :erm:

Peil 24-01-2007 18:11

Just curious how a mobile phone network outage would affect TV over cable?

Phones are working fine over here in the Glasgow area, which suggests that if your seeing an issue they might just be co-incidence.

BTW, the outage message is no longer on the 151 number

Jez 24-01-2007 18:22

Well, I was unable to get through to Customer Services on my BT line - it just went dead, but dialing the same number on my NTL line (i.e. the 0845 one) got me through. Not sure what that means! Still saying Belfast and Glasgow out when I rang five minutes ago ...

Creative 24-01-2007 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingy (Post 34205239)
mobile phone network... no idea what that site to site computer network is. :erm:

Its a big SDH problem then. Lots of traffic besides cable goes over their SDH network.

James79 24-01-2007 18:43

Quote:

Any ideas how this is affecting the Orange Network?? Seems strange!

I noticed that I had no coverage whilst in work (around 1630 or so), and thought it was just my phone (lost the signal or something!).

I arrive home to be told - no NTL?!! Suspicious?!

If I remember correctly, was Virgin Mobile (in its original incarnation) a subsidised Orange Account? Or did Virgin use Orange as a carrier?? Then again - maybe Im making this up!!

Creative 24-01-2007 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by James79 (Post 34205271)

I noticed that I had no coverage whilst in work (around 1630 or so), and thought it was just my phone (lost the signal or something!).

I arrive home to be told - no NTL?!! Suspicious?!

If I remember correctly, was Virgin Mobile (in its original incarnation) a subsidised Orange Account? Or did Virgin use Orange as a carrier?? Then again - maybe Im making this up!!

Orange and others use ntl's SDH network.

Mr Angry 24-01-2007 18:54

Quote:

Just off the phone to Connolly House. Apparently the nationalist network is down too.

I'm all for equality!!

foxprorawks 24-01-2007 18:58

No TV in Barlanark in Glasgow, and we can't get through to the 0845 number.

Broadband connection still good though.

handyman 24-01-2007 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by James79 (Post 34205271)

Ntl have a substantial fibre network around the uk. Orange lease bits of it to send calls up and down the country. My guess is a main fibre break or a laser down.

rimmy 24-01-2007 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Angry (Post 34205275)
Just off the phone to Connolly House. Apparently the nationalist network is down too.

I'm all for equality!!

lol :D :rofl:

ntlrocks 24-01-2007 19:06

I'm paying for sky sports and i'm not going to be able to see the cup match tonight!

Come on ntl: .

Wonder what the problem is, because broadband comes through the same cable?