Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33606817)

Fingy 24-01-2007 16:36

Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

Anyone having problems.... mines died as has the girls over the road. Have spoken to a few people around Belfast/Lisburn who also appear to have lost tv service. Can't get faults both the 0845 and 151 are dead lines.

Anyone else out there died?

Fingy

Stretchcc 24-01-2007 16:40

Re: TV outage in Belfast?

out here in Glasgow too:(

desc1 24-01-2007 16:40

Glasgow also. (Snap)

Fingy 24-01-2007 16:40

oh poo, anywhere else?

HSH85 24-01-2007 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by desc1 (Post 34205162)
Glasgow also.

Aye mate same here. Missing my favourite Sci-Fi show: Stargate :(

Fingy 24-01-2007 16:45

Just had it confirmed by a very reliable sourse that its all of Belast and Glasgow is out and they are aware of it, so its just a case of sitting back and reading a book... ;)

If a passing mod is bored you could change the title to Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

Ta :)

rinjuba 24-01-2007 16:45

Greenock (Glasgow I suppose) is stuffed also! Phone not connecting. Anyone got any clues yet? Hope it's back for the Lost Room!!

Stretchcc 24-01-2007 16:46

thanks for the info Fingy

feallan 24-01-2007 16:52

AAAGH thank god i found this i have been wracking my brains for the past hour and all the flipping lines arent working! whats the point in having a helpline if its not going to work !!! anyway at least i know its not just me. thnks for this whoever discovered it.

KenC 24-01-2007 17:01

TV out in Bearsden Glasgow. Phone seems OK.

feallan 24-01-2007 17:04

oh yeah im in Lenzie btw. No TV in Lenzie, phones fine, apart from contacting NTL, but its working.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

anyone know when it will be back on? or why its off? or how to contact NTL for answers? sorry for all the questions!

Peil 24-01-2007 17:09

I'm in Clydebank, managed to get through on 151, and they are acknowledging a fault in the Belfast and Glasgow areas, and are calling it a national fault....

How can it be national if its only affecting specific areas? :dozey:

No ETA on resolution times I'm afraid, or any indication when they will update the message.

feallan 24-01-2007 17:20

thanks for that and yes it cant be national if its just us haha. maybe its england too?

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

this was on another forum:

It appears that shortly after 1600 today ALL TV services from NTL in the Glasgow and Belfast areas went offline - EPG data is still present but no vision on any channels. THe company say they are aware of the problem, however service is not expected to be resolved before 2000-2015hrs tonight.

so looks like we wont be watching our fave 7pm shows ( hollyoaks - :) ).

HDFootyMan 24-01-2007 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by feallan (Post 34205193)
thanks for that and yes it cant be national if its just us haha. maybe its england too?

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

this was on another forum:

It appears that shortly after 1600 today ALL TV services from NTL in the Glasgow and Belfast areas went offline - EPG data is still present but no vision on any channels. THe company say they are aware of the problem, however service is not expected to be resolved before 2000-2015hrs tonight.

so looks like we wont be watching our fave 7pm shows ( hollyoaks - :) ).

Didn't something like this happen on Telewest TV Drives a few weeks ago??? :erm:

feallan 24-01-2007 17:28

wouldnt be surprised. i just really want to know how to contact them ive been dialling 150 for ages and ive tried all the 0845 numbers too.

banannie 24-01-2007 17:43

I'm in Glasgow too. I'm just relieved its not just me :) Guess I'll have to do something useful instead....

Terry 24-01-2007 17:47

Got through on 150. Just said whole of N Ireland out and no idea when it will be back on line. Broadband, phone and analog pass through working fine for me. The stb wont accept more than two digits and then goes back to zero. Hope this saves anyone from hanging on the phone

Fingy 24-01-2007 17:47

Don't be expecting it back on too soon, quite a big problem which is also affecting the orange network.

Peil 24-01-2007 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingy (Post 34205229)
Don't be expecting it back on too soon, quite a big problem which is also affecting the orange network.

Would that be the Orange mobile phone network, or the site to site computer network?

Fingy 24-01-2007 18:04

mobile phone network... no idea what that site to site computer network is. :erm:

Peil 24-01-2007 18:11

Just curious how a mobile phone network outage would affect TV over cable?

Phones are working fine over here in the Glasgow area, which suggests that if your seeing an issue they might just be co-incidence.

BTW, the outage message is no longer on the 151 number

Jez 24-01-2007 18:22

Well, I was unable to get through to Customer Services on my BT line - it just went dead, but dialing the same number on my NTL line (i.e. the 0845 one) got me through. Not sure what that means! Still saying Belfast and Glasgow out when I rang five minutes ago ...

Creative 24-01-2007 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingy (Post 34205239)
mobile phone network... no idea what that site to site computer network is. :erm:

Its a big SDH problem then. Lots of traffic besides cable goes over their SDH network.

James79 24-01-2007 18:43

Quote:

Any ideas how this is affecting the Orange Network?? Seems strange!

I noticed that I had no coverage whilst in work (around 1630 or so), and thought it was just my phone (lost the signal or something!).

I arrive home to be told - no NTL?!! Suspicious?!

If I remember correctly, was Virgin Mobile (in its original incarnation) a subsidised Orange Account? Or did Virgin use Orange as a carrier?? Then again - maybe Im making this up!!

Creative 24-01-2007 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by James79 (Post 34205271)

I noticed that I had no coverage whilst in work (around 1630 or so), and thought it was just my phone (lost the signal or something!).

I arrive home to be told - no NTL?!! Suspicious?!

If I remember correctly, was Virgin Mobile (in its original incarnation) a subsidised Orange Account? Or did Virgin use Orange as a carrier?? Then again - maybe Im making this up!!

Orange and others use ntl's SDH network.

Mr Angry 24-01-2007 18:54

Quote:

Just off the phone to Connolly House. Apparently the nationalist network is down too.

I'm all for equality!!

foxprorawks 24-01-2007 18:58

No TV in Barlanark in Glasgow, and we can't get through to the 0845 number.

Broadband connection still good though.

handyman 24-01-2007 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by James79 (Post 34205271)

Ntl have a substantial fibre network around the uk. Orange lease bits of it to send calls up and down the country. My guess is a main fibre break or a laser down.

rimmy 24-01-2007 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Angry (Post 34205275)
Just off the phone to Connolly House. Apparently the nationalist network is down too.

I'm all for equality!!

lol :D :rofl:

ntlrocks 24-01-2007 19:06

I'm paying for sky sports and i'm not going to be able to see the cup match tonight!

Come on ntl: .

Wonder what the problem is, because broadband comes through the same cable?

Fingy 24-01-2007 19:14

Angry... lol, ta for checking! ;)

It is a cut in the fibre... yes it is an SDH network... yes other people piggyback on it... yes I do also happen to know what I am talking about.

Will let you know if I get any more updates this evening.

handyman 24-01-2007 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingy (Post 34205295)

It is a cut in the fibre... yes it is an SDH network... yes other people piggyback on it... yes I do also happen to know what I am talking about.

Yay I guessed correctly :-)

3.5 years out of ntl and still got it ;-)

Hows things fingy?x

Creative 24-01-2007 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingy (Post 34205295)

Why hasn't the redundancy worked? Its all done in rings with redundant paths.

Fingy 24-01-2007 19:24

Pass. Not in work, don't work in faults anymore, just know who to talk to.

handyman 24-01-2007 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creative (Post 34205304)
Why hasn't the redundancy worked? Its all done in rings with redundant paths.

They distribution side of it to the houses is, however if the input feed from the DMC to the headend has been cut that would cause an outage across any part of the network fed from the effected head end.

Pierre 24-01-2007 19:41

There are two major outages on the network.

A cable damage between Edinburgh and Glasgow, and a damage between Lytham and Dublin.

Thus isolating Glasgow, Belfast and Dublin.

don't expect things backup until around midnight at the earliest.

Creative 24-01-2007 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman (Post 34205313)
They distribution side of it to the houses is, however if the input feed from the DMC to the headend has been cut that would cause an outage across any part of the network fed from the effected head end.

Theres two feeds from the DMC, they leave in opposite directions from the two fibre pits there. In each headend theres two feeds in, two SDH Muxes, two ATM switches (in one box!), and two Ilynx units. It then goes to one set of equipment in the headend!

EssDee 24-01-2007 19:51

No single points of failure there, then.........:rolleyes:

Fingy 24-01-2007 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 34205318)

A cable damage between Edinburgh and Glasgow, and a damage between Lytham and Dublin.

Cheers for the info.

HDFootyMan 24-01-2007 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 34205318)

I blame Chavs - always out drinking, bragging about ASBOs, and cutting up cables just for kicks. :p:

ntlrocks 24-01-2007 19:54

Cant they just celotape it back together?

:D

HDFootyMan 24-01-2007 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntlrocks (Post 34205337)

What with, "Industrial-strength Celotape" (only to be used on fibre-optic TV cables)? :D

All this, just before the Virgin Media re-branding. Oops. :erm:

JD| 24-01-2007 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntlrocks (Post 34205337)

If Blue peter run the network they could :D

JD

HDFootyMan 24-01-2007 20:15

Re: Belfast & Glasgow TV Outage

I think this link could help NTL out right now:
http://www.comms-express.com/pi-1529...?categoryId=11

James79 24-01-2007 20:16

The Orange Network is beginning to come back to life!!

Mr Angry - ring Connolly House and see if the Nationalist one is OK??!! ;)

buba3d 24-01-2007 20:17

i bet any money sky are behind this.

I'M MISSING MY GOD DAMN NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING.

Octimon 24-01-2007 20:30

Just sat down to watch the Arsenal/Spurs game. Not at all happy. There had better be a refund on offer

Rorschach 24-01-2007 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by buba3d (Post 34205372)
i bet any money sky are behind this.

I'M MISSING MY GOD DAMN NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING.

And the last part of Triangle. (ON BBCHD no less)

Buggeration!!!!!!

Rorschach

boofuls 24-01-2007 20:48

Have just come across this board while looking for any info on why my NTL TV wasn't working. It's been a great help, thanks everyone!

markypussbag 24-01-2007 21:17

Ntl is a major doubt. Just spoke to my mate that works in Ntl Glasgow. They were told to just finish up tonight and return tomorrow for a briefing. He thinks there could be dismissals due to the virgin takeover.

They have had to close down certains points

handyman 24-01-2007 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by markypussbag (Post 34205436)
Ntl is a major doubt. Just spoke to my mate that works in Ntl Glasgow. They were told to just finish up tonight and return tomorrow for a briefing. He thinks there could be dismissals due to the virgin takeover.

One would imagine that they will place a main IVR message about this and as such no technical help will be needed, the briefing may well be to issue a defence statement to the CSR's.

boofuls 24-01-2007 21:20

Quote:

So when do you think they will restore the TV service?

Bytecon 24-01-2007 21:24

Yep, In Belfast here and still having TV problems! Have had to get the TV Antennas out!

Stephen 24-01-2007 21:31

Quote:

It wasn't a Virgin Takeover. NTL Bought Virgin Mobile.

There wouldn't be redundancies due to that though.

James79 24-01-2007 21:32

I think NTL will be trying to remedy the problem as soon as possible. I my opinion, they would probably have to do so within 24 hours.

Any longer than this and the number of requests for compensation will grow (probably exponentially).

Im sure Orange are already looking into the their legal position - thousands of their customers were cut off (Northern Ireland alone). I dont know how far reaching the actual fault was. Surely Orange will now be looking some sort of recompense (is that a word). They will also be looking for assurance that the fault will NEVER happen again!! Perhaps a backup for the backup is required????

Think I'll go and watch a DVD now!! Here's a thought - go and hire a movie out of your local store (Blockbuster or otherwise) and bill NTL for it?? Is that fair??

;)

Fingy 24-01-2007 21:33

Quote:

And this has what to do with the service not working this evening. What does your friend do? Sales? Customer Service? Business? Back office?

James79 24-01-2007 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYoda (Post 34205448)
It wasn't a Virgin Takeover. NTL Bought Virgin Mobile.

There wouldn't be redundancies due to that though.

Do you think people could get the sack for this outtage?? Only if it was down to human error and can be attributed to one or more individuals??

markypussbag 24-01-2007 21:34

Yeah it will be Virgin Media but they are being told to brace themseles. Something is not right here.

It was on sky news there.

James79 24-01-2007 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by markypussbag (Post 34205456)
Yeah it will be Virgin Media but they are being told to brace themseles. Something is not right here.

It was on sky news there.

LOL.

I was gonna tune into Sky News to see if the report is on again!! Duh - NTL is still off!! Bedtime methinks!! :Yikes:

KenK 24-01-2007 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by James79 (Post 34205454)
Do you think people could get the sack for this outtage?? Only if it was down to human error and can be attributed to one or more individuals??

It'd be a bit harsh to sack someone for a simple error - have you never made a mistake? Unless it was deliberate, or the person was on a final warning for carelessness. My money's on the Greatest Underground Cable Detector in the World - a JCB !

Fingy 24-01-2007 21:46

From my knowledge of this happening in the past it is usually another company has had fun cutting through the cable. So, not really even ntl's fault? *dons flameproof suit*

joeh771@ntlworld 24-01-2007 21:48

Cheers for the updates guys, I`m updating all my pals on the phone who`ve been left mystified today.

James79 24-01-2007 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenK (Post 34205469)
It'd be a bit harsh to sack someone for a simple error - have you never made a mistake? Unless it was deliberate, or the person was on a final warning for carelessness. My money's on the Greatest Underground Cable Detector in the World - a JCB !

Dont get me wrong. I was asking a simple question, perhaps even making an even simpler observation based on what Markypussbag said.

I wouldnt wish for anyone to be sacked - there are enough lay-offs in NTL at the moment without any more!!

And Id tend to agree with the JCB theory too - although I think it was mentioned that the cable had been cut in two places - between Edinburgh & Glasgow, and Lytham & Dublin. An act of digital terrorism.

Mr Murdoch, can you account for your whereabouts around the hours of ....... and ........ ????
I ONLY JEST OF COURSE!!

I agree wholly with the point raised by Nolly below!!!

nolly 24-01-2007 21:52

Surely this highlights the case for a phone & tv service status page similar to the one for internet access at:
http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/

nolly

handyman 24-01-2007 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolly (Post 34205487)
Surely this highlights the case for a phone & tv service status page similar to the one for internet access at:

nolly

There used to be one....

mackers8923 24-01-2007 21:55

Still off at my end, me thinks a phone call is on the cards tomorrow for some form of compensation!

All I will say is thank god for the DVD! My kids can be kept happy....

joeh771@ntlworld 24-01-2007 21:56

why does none of the helpline phone numbers work

boofuls 24-01-2007 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeh771@ntlworld (Post 34205492)
why does none of the helpline phone numbers work

call 150 from your phone for customer services. its free, but shuts at 10 I think.

joeh771@ntlworld 24-01-2007 22:00

Im doing something ive not done for a while, listen to the radio. Radio clyde will be doing well tonight with listeners.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

wont work the line just goes dead

ntlschnell 24-01-2007 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolly (Post 34205487)

nolly

Yapp they should always broadcast on the telly that the telly ain't working.. :D :rolleyes:

Gezzag 24-01-2007 22:12

Sky 1 is working. cant find any others yet....... weird ?

sorry just found some more ... ITV2 & 3

gmudos 24-01-2007 22:17

Just rebooted the TV drive and now getting sky one. No programme listings available as yet but it looks like they're on the road to recovery.

joeh771@ntlworld 24-01-2007 22:18

boxmines isnt but when i pulled the wire out the back and put it in again, a message came up saying that the cable is unplugged, check and restart

Rorschach 24-01-2007 22:27

My TV Drive has just rebooted but the channels are still not available (except, bizarrely, Sky One)....and...I can't watch any of the pre-recorded stuff:mad:

I'm off to bed. This had better be sorted in the morning, or there'll be hell to pay!

Rorschach

EssDee 24-01-2007 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by James79 (Post 34205485)
Mr Murdoch, can you account for your whereabouts around the hours of ....... and ........ ????
I ONLY JEST OF COURSE!!

Although only SKY channels are working now.............including Sports.......

Hmmm......:disturbd:

coldo 24-01-2007 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeh771@ntlworld (Post 34205526)
boxmines isnt but when i pulled the wire out the back and put it in again, a message came up saying that the cable is unplugged, check and restart

I got something similar now, box seems to be wroking to an extent.

Now off the NTL "Updating your set top box" screen but now a black screen and channel on box front is set to 0. A blue box is appearing on the screen saying basically along the lines of "your channels are not available, try disconnecting at your mains" or something along those lines. After disconnecting same thing appears.

Hopefully this is indeed a sign of things picking up as the boxes are now starting to work again, now just getting the channels up and running again for us.

handyman 24-01-2007 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorschach (Post 34205537)
My TV Drive has just rebooted but the channels are still not available (except, bizarrely, Sky One)....and...I can't watch any of the pre-recorded stuff:mad:

I'm off to bed. This had better be sorted in the morning, or there'll be hell to pay!

Rorschach

I find it really funny how upset people get when deprived of and evenings telly. Can't you dust off the monopoly and interact with humans?

coldo 24-01-2007 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman (Post 34205545)
I find it really funny how upset people get when deprived of and evenings telly. Can't you dust off the monopoly and interact with humans?

Just as well people's internet connection hasent been affected in all this or riots may have broken out lol :D

Scruff 24-01-2007 22:39

Just found this site - thank you so much - we've been rebooting our box since 7.55pm tonight. Managed to get through to NTL just before 8 and they are giving compensation of £5 credited to your account only if you ask about compensation. Will be phoning them tomorrow to up the compo after missing the footy tonight - arggggh. Writing this from glasgow and we still have nothing on the tv box.

joeh771@ntlworld 24-01-2007 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldo (Post 34205544)
I got something similar now, box seems to be wroking to an extent.

Now off the NTL "Updating your set top box" screen but now a black screen and channel on box front is set to 0. A blue box is appearing on the screen saying basically along the lines of "your channels are not available, try disconnecting at your mains" or something along those lines. After disconnecting same thing appears.

Hopefully this is indeed a sign of things picking up as the boxes are now starting to work again, now just getting the channels up and running again for us.

I think it depends what box you have, yours sounds the same as mine, nothing but a zero on the front and channels unavailable when tiy flick the channel up/down

mackers8923 24-01-2007 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by handyman (Post 34205545)

Not so much doing without more like paying for something that we are not getting. How quickly would NTL have our services off had we forgot to give them new bank details or maybe missed a payment or something...

Nor 24-01-2007 22:48

My TV has been down since about 4pm today. On the upside, I did miss Big Brother.

joeh771@ntlworld 24-01-2007 22:57

talking about that, was there an eviction tonight or not, does anyone know??

Pedro Uk 24-01-2007 22:57

wooot! it`s back!!! :D

jcrawfy 24-01-2007 22:58

All channels back online at last. I am in Scotstoun for those of you that want to try rebooting your boxes now you should get BBC etc.

Scruff 24-01-2007 22:59

Customer Service at NTL is so bad. They should have a status page on ntlworld like they do for broadband internet for TV and phones. They don't even have a message on their 150/151 number.

I'm seriously thinking of moving back to BT and Sky.

joeh771@ntlworld 24-01-2007 23:00

still not got it on mine

Scruff 24-01-2007 23:01

All channels seem to be there except channel 5 - strange

jcrawfy 24-01-2007 23:05

This is twice in as many weeks that this is happened. I lost all my cable just a couple of weeks ago for the whole evening. I really hope the rebranding and restructuring will help improve service outages like this or am I hoping for too much.

Thank god for this site or I would have been playing with it for hours.

Cheers for keeping the moral up guys.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruff (Post 34205588)
Customer Service at NTL is so bad. They should have a status page on ntlworld like they do for broadband internet for TV and phones. They don't even have a message on their 150/151 number.

I'm seriously thinking of moving back to BT and Sky.

A status page would be an excellent idea !!! How do we get them to do this. Bit of people power needed

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedro Uk (Post 34205582)
wooot! it`s back!!! :D

Just realised why I am I still on this site I can watch TV now.

Scruff 24-01-2007 23:06

I'll mention it when I'm ranting on the phone at 8am tomorrow. Oh - I've had a better idea - lets all email Richard Branson with a few pointers !!! Things can only get better ........

gazzadeejay 24-01-2007 23:08

Hi im new here...

Im in Belfast with Samsung Box. Still not working message flickering between Ld20 and Ld30 on front of STB, Orange contract is also not working... Gave me time to study some driving theory though as i have test next week.:confused:

countbathory 24-01-2007 23:13

Man i just wish they'd fix it asap, my wife is driving me nuts, nag nag nag, a woman without her telly is seriously a cruel cruel thing to inflict on any man. WHY NTL WHY!!!! :(

joeh771@ntlworld 24-01-2007 23:17

thats my box working now, cheers for everything guys but om off for an update on bb

Stephen 24-01-2007 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by countbathory (Post 34205609)
Man i just wish they'd fix it asap, my wife is driving me nuts, nag nag nag, a woman without her telly is seriously a cruel cruel thing to inflict on any man. WHY NTL WHY!!!! :(

It really might not have been NTLs fault. I believe some people are now saying its back working again.

It must have been a big problem as I am sure they tried to fix it asap.

Pierre 24-01-2007 23:45

Calm down ladies.

Two major cable breaks. Cable from Edinburgh to Glasgow has been damaged by a 3rd party excavating in the road. It is not an easy fix and repair crews have been out all day. Cable is expected to be repaired at 03:00.

2nd cable across the Irish sea has been damaged, possibly by fishing trawlers, this is an even bigger problem and will take even longer to fix.

Some network work arounds have been undertaken, which is why some service has been returned to Glasgow.

Will all be back by 03:00 ish.

A major issue caused in absolutely no way by ntl. ntl have respondedand the guys out there working round the clock to restore service to you sholuld be congratulated not criticised.

ford fairlane 25-01-2007 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 34205639)
Calm down ladies.

Two major cable breaks. Cable from Edinburgh to Glasgow has been damaged by a 3rd party excavating in the road. It is not an easy fix and repair crews have been out all day. Cable is expected to be repaired at 03:00.

2nd cable across the Irish sea has been damaged, possibly by fishing trawlers, this is an even bigger problem and will take even longer to fix.

Some network work arounds have been undertaken, which is why some service has been returned to Glasgow.

Will all be back by 03:00 ish.

A major issue caused in absolutely no way by ntl. ntl have respondedand the guys out there working round the clock to restore service to you sholuld be congratulated not criticised.

here here very well put sir.

Terry 25-01-2007 00:26

Still nothing here in Glengormley just outside Belfast

horlock 25-01-2007 05:42

mine is working now !!!
im in belfast btw

TracerTong 25-01-2007 06:54

Working here now [Yoker]. Had to rebbot to get it running. :)

Fingy 25-01-2007 07:56

Working here and I know how hard the techs work to fix these things, well done to them!

I personally think its really sad to be going on like it is the end of the world as your telly is not working for what less than 12 hours?

Then you want to phone up and give off at some poor CSR who probably doesn't understand anything about the SDH network (why should they) when the issue wasn't even caused by ntl in the first place? How about taking a few steps back, take a few deep breaths and realise that in the big picture of life no tv for 12 hours isn't really *that* big of an issue.