Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Stephen 07-05-2009 02:47

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Star Trek - 10/10

Honestly the best Trek movie ever! Everything was fantastic. Karl Urban IS Bones in this, and Simon Pegg as Scotty, what a great pick. Plan on going again this weekend it was that good!

Trek is back! well done J.J!!! :):clap:

Now am off to sleep as I need to get up at 7 :shocked:

dannyboy91uk 07-05-2009 04:08

Terminator Salvation - 4/10

Despite Christian Bale playing has John Connor, and the film being action packed with the robots immediately causing deaths and scaring innocent souls ;).

I found the film pretty poorly organised, and didn't really feel the story line was exciting and worth watching.

Stephen 07-05-2009 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy91uk (Post 34790407)
Terminator Salvation - 4/10

Despite Christian Bale playing has John Connor, and the film being action packed with the robots immediately causing deaths and scaring innocent souls ;).

I found the film pretty poorly organised, and didn't really feel the story line was exciting and worth watching.

How have you managed to see this so early?

cimt 07-05-2009 12:15

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he saw The Terminator's, it was made by The Asylum...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1350512/

dannyboy91uk 07-05-2009 16:42

My apologies, I must of watched the wrong one then :D.

I wondered why the characters seemed different, when I was checking the Imdb later.

dilli-theclaw 07-05-2009 18:25

Lifeforce - what can I say, it has a couple of interesting points [img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

3/10

Hugh 07-05-2009 20:04

Star Trek - 9.5/10 (the missing .5 was Simon Pegg's accent).

I cried, I laughed, I whooped - go see it.

Some nice homages, and some excellent twists.

Tezcatlipoca 07-05-2009 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34790399)
Keith Urban IS Bones in this

Karl Urban ;)

[LOTR's "Éomer"; Riddick's "Vaako"; Bourne's "Krill"; and the_guy_from_Doom_who_wasn't_The_Rock]

Stephen 08-05-2009 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34791070)
Karl Urban ;)

[LOTR's "Éomer"; Riddick's "Vaako"; Bourne's "Krill"; and the_guy_from_Doom_who_wasn't_The_Rock]

Easy mistake to make :dunce:

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverwar
Star Trek - 9.5/10 (the missing .5 was Simon Pegg's accent).

I cried, I laughed, I whooped - go see it.

Some nice homages, and some excellent twists.

His accent was mostly there. It did keep disappearing though.

I am going again tonight I enjoyed it that much.:)

Hugh 08-05-2009 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 34791392)
Easy mistake to make :dunce:

His accent was mostly there. It did keep disappearing though.

I am going again tonight I enjoyed it that much.:)

He got the phrasing right, just, as you say, the accent wandered a bit.

Still a great film, though.

ZrByte 09-05-2009 19:18

Star Trek - 9/10 Very good, almost perfect. Was very impressed with the casting. I thought I wouldn't be able to get past Zachary Quinto playing Spock, thought he would be forever Sylar in my mind but I got past that within minutes. The guy who played Kirk was also spot on, I didn't think he would be but his manerisms where perfect. This film actually gave me the urge to re watch some classic TNG episodes (TOS is too cheesy for me I'm afraid), something I haven't done in a long time. I'm also going to re watch the original movies next week, I think It's been even longer since I have done that :D

Got Star Trek fever :)

Peter_ 09-05-2009 20:52

Star Trek 10/10 brilliant and I have to see it again plus it is not a sequel or eeven really a prequel plus the casting is virtually spot on.

Go see it and be amazed.

moaningmags 09-05-2009 20:56

Star Trek 10/10
Awesome movie, worth the numb bum we got.
I used to like Star Trek but to be honest you can only watch them so many times before you're bored, but after this movie it opens the doors to a whole new Star Trek, more episodes and movies. Looking forward to the next one.

Tezcatlipoca 09-05-2009 21:03

Star Trek

Warp Factor 9.5/10

I bloody loved it. The cast were pretty much spot on (although Pegg's accent slipped at times), the effects were brilliant, & in general it rocked.

Plus plenty of nice touches that would bring a smile to anyone familiar with classic Star Trek.

A fresh take on Star Trek, a clean start, but still with reference to & respect for the original continuity.

The *only* thing which spoiled it for me was the stupid little kids talking & making noises throughout the screening, which is not the fault of the movie. Next time I go to a Vue, I'm paying the extra £1 for the over 18s screening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moldova (Post 34792328)
Star Trek 10/10 brilliant and I have to see it again plus it is not a sequel or eeven really a prequel plus the casting is virtually spot on.

Go see it and be amazed.

It's effectively a reboot (like Bats, Bond, BSG), but one where the original continuity is still referenced.

But, yes, brilliant :D

dilli-theclaw 09-05-2009 21:47

I've just seen it and it was ok. I'd say more like a 7 / 10 though.

I am going to see it again in a bigger screen on wednesday so that may help.