Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 30-12-2009 23:03

re: Rate the last movie you saw

[REC] (DVD)

8.5/10

Let The Right One In (BD)

8.5/10

admars 01-01-2010 07:29

Something, Something, Something Dark Side 8/10 missus and I enjoyed it as much as Blue Harvest.

Burn after Reading 8/10 we saw it at the cinema and really enjoyed it, then picked it up the other day in HMV for £3, really enjoyed it again :)

Saaf_laandon_mo 02-01-2010 14:07

Paranormal Activity - 6.5 out of 10. No way as scary/creepy as the Entity.

admars 02-01-2010 22:48

I think it we had seen it in 2d would have been 7/10, as for the most part it is dumb, generic Hollywood action movie by numbers. But the 3d really draws you in and adds a lot of atmosphere to it. Certainly was worth the extra money to see it in 3d.

zing_deleted 03-01-2010 00:29

would have scored it a 10 had it not been the fact I saw elements of Shogun/Last Samurai in it. The film totally encapsulated the audience . The cinema was quite full even after all this time and once the film started it was as good as silent around me and there were kids there but even they were quiet.

The rates as one of the top films ive seen maybe helped by the 3d but so what :)

Angua 03-01-2010 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by zing (Post 34937765)

would have scored it a 10 had it not been the fact I saw elements of Shogun/Last Samurai in it. The film totally encapsulated the audience . The cinema was quite full even after all this time and once the film started it was as good as silent around me and there were kids there but even they were quiet.

The rates as one of the top films ive seen maybe helped by the 3d but so what :)

There are only 7 basic plots anyway :D

9.5/10 for Avatar from me. Definitely think the 3D added to the whole story and didn't feel like 3 hours.

Stuart 03-01-2010 22:09

Nowhere boy.

8/10

Film 4 showing a real return to form.. It's the story of the early (pre-beatles) life of John Lennon. I actually ends just before the trip to Hamburg that Backbeat was about, so even though it had been mad 16 years after backbeat, it fits in quite nicely.

Excellent acting, excellent music.

admars 04-01-2010 06:45

Wizard of Oz 8/10

Saaf_laandon_mo 04-01-2010 16:28

Saw The Tournament over the weekend. I don't know if this will ever make it to the big screen or straight to DVD but it 'stars' Ving Rhames and Robert Carlyle. The basic plot is that the tournament is a competetion where the worls best assassins converge on a town and play for 10 million dollars. They have to kill each other off - last man (or woman) standing wins the prize. Implaneted trackers and GPS systems allow each assassin to see where the others are. The group behind it watch on big screens having taken control of all the CCTV in the town the tournament is played in.

THis is a shocker of a film. It is also set in Middlesborough, I still don't know why. Funnily enough I dont think the producers have been to Middlesborough before as some of the sets where the main action scenes take place look very americanised.

I'd give it 4 out of 10.

peanut 04-01-2010 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo (Post 34938649)
Saw The Tournament (snip)

I'd give it 4 out of 10.

I quite liked it and it kept me amused all the way through, some good kills in it as well, so I'd give it a 6.5 - 7 at least for it. A total Battle Royale rip off but still worth the watch.

cimt 05-01-2010 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo (Post 34938649)
Saw The Tournament over the weekend. I don't know if this will ever make it to the big screen or straight to DVD but it 'stars' Ving Rhames and Robert Carlyle. The basic plot is that the tournament is a competetion where the worls best assassins converge on a town and play for 10 million dollars. They have to kill each other off - last man (or woman) standing wins the prize. Implaneted trackers and GPS systems allow each assassin to see where the others are. The group behind it watch on big screens having taken control of all the CCTV in the town the tournament is played in.

THis is a shocker of a film. It is also set in Middlesborough, I still don't know why. Funnily enough I dont think the producers have been to Middlesborough before as some of the sets where the main action scenes take place look very americanised.

I'd give it 4 out of 10.

Although it's set in Middlesbrough, it wasn't filmed here. It was wrote by a few students from here though. Well, I don't know if they were from here but they did go to University of Teesside which is here. I believe it was filmed in the northwest. I would of gave it a 7.

alferret 06-01-2010 12:42

A dangerous man staring Stephen "Lardy" Segal.
An ex special forces vet and ex con finds himself entangled in some stuff with money & guns, a Russian bloke and a Chinese bird. Errr what else can I say if you like Segal you may like this. 3\10 and thats for the nice looking AK47's ;)

alferret 07-01-2010 10:49

Whiteout with Kate Bekinsdale worth a watch if your bored 6.5\10
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365929/

Tezcatlipoca 09-01-2010 18:37

Taken

7.5/10

It teaches two things:

1) Liam Neeson kicks ass.

2) The world is a dangerous place, and foreigners are not to be trusted.

The Good Shepard

Yawn/10

TOO LONG!

Hom3r 09-01-2010 18:45

Can I say "Deep Throat" -10/10 I found it hard to swallow :D