Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Latest IOS update (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708211)

iadom 25-09-2019 15:29

Latest IOS update

Anyone else having problems with the latest IOS 13.1 update. I didn't install version 13.0 as I had heard about several major bugs but it seems 13.1 is no better as far as the MAIL app is concerned.

Following the update last night on my Ipad Air2 I found the Mail app would not download emails so after trying a reboot etc to no avail I removed the Apple mail app completely from my device, rebooted then reinstalled the mail app.

Now even though all the settings for mail servers, password etc are correct it will not even connect to the virgin media imap or smtp servers. :mad:

Using Outlook for Ipad atm but that doesn't sync with my iPad contacts folder.

philwhite100 26-09-2019 00:31

Re: Latest IOS update

Quote:

Originally Posted by iadom (Post 36011725)
Anyone else having problems with the latest IOS 13.1 update. I didn't install version 13.0 as I had heard about several major bugs but it seems 13.1 is no better as far as the MAIL app is concerned.

Following the update last night on my Ipad Air2 I found the Mail app would not download emails so after trying a reboot etc to no avail I removed the Apple mail app completely from my device, rebooted then reinstalled the mail app.

Now even though all the settings for mail servers, password etc are correct it will not even connect to the virgin media imap or smtp servers. :mad:

Using Outlook for Ipad atm but that doesn't sync with my iPad contacts folder.

Are you talking about Safari Browser 13.0.1? it is working OK for me using IOS Mojave 10.14.6

iadom 26-09-2019 09:50

No, browser was fine, apparently there have been lots of reports of problems with the Apple mail app not downloading mail etc.

I finally got it working by removing and reinstalling the ntlword email account until it finally connected to the VM mail servers.

This is the very latest IOS 13.1 I am talking about.

I do like the ’dark mode’ though.

Damien 26-09-2019 21:31

Security stuff is cool as well

iadom 30-09-2019 17:17

I didn't think it would be long, another IOS update, now version 13.1.1. :(

Damien 30-09-2019 19:58

13.1.2 is coming too :D

Chris 30-09-2019 20:47

My iPad hasn’t acknowledged the existence of an update until just now when I asked it to check manually. It’s offering me “ipadOS” 13.1.2. Should I get it or wait for 13.1.3 ... or 13.2? :D

Damien 30-09-2019 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36012374)
My iPad hasn’t acknowledged the existence of an update until just now when I asked it to check manually. It’s offering me “ipadOS” 13.1.2. Should I get it or wait for 13.1.3 ... or 13.2? :D

Wait for 13.2 if you're not bothered. This update contains some nice things for the iPad tho.

Bit of a rough rollout for Apple on this release. If it wasn't for the time pressure of the release of the iPhones they wouldn't have held off a couple of weeks IMO. The reports in the early Summer from developers were that this version was a bit ropey, it improved greatly towards the end of August but clearly not quick enough.