Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HD : Discounts (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706663)

Mad Max 04-08-2018 14:25

Discounts

Has anyone who is out of contract been able to get a decent discount deal from retentions lately?

Thx.

Mr K 04-08-2018 21:08

Re: Discounts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 35958141)
Has anyone who is out of contract been able to get a decent discount deal from retentions lately?

Thx.

I was in contract and got an extra significant discount and cash credit due to the UKTV fiasco. Go for it, it's an open goal atm.

RichardCoulter 05-08-2018 16:52

I got a miserly £3 a month discount, but don't let that put you off. Many people have received a much better deal as Mr K did.

Be warned though, they are now putting people back into a contract in return for UKTV discounts. They tried it with me, but it didn't work ;)

pip08456 05-08-2018 16:59

That could be why you only got a "miserly" £3 pm.

RobboEdin 05-08-2018 17:09

...or you have already got a huge ‘non-loyalty’ discount on your account.

RichardCoulter 06-08-2018 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35958269)
That could be why you only got a "miserly" £3 pm.

No, the issue of being put back into a contract was never brought up during the conversation (which was the basis for me refuting that I had agreed to a new contract) and was eventually accepted by VM.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35958272)
...or you have already got a huge ‘non-loyalty’ discount on your account.

I have, but a huge number of people have also stated that they only got £3 a month off for six months or a one off credit of £20.

It is also the case that much larger discounts have been applied. It seems to be pot luck as to whether any credit or discount is applied and by how much. The same goes for being allowed to leave without any exit fees.

Mr K 06-08-2018 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35958341)
No, the issue of being put back into a contract was never brought up during the conversation (which was the basis for me refuting that I had agreed to a new contract) and was eventually accepted by VM.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

I have, but a huge number of people have also stated that they only got £3 a month off for six months or a one off credit of £20.

It is also the case that much larger discounts have been applied. It seems to be pot luck as to whether any credit or discount is applied and by how much. The same goes for being allowed to leave without any exit fees.

Try them again Richard (the retentions area of course). Nothing lost.

I had already negotiated a new contract and line rental saver just before UKTV withdrawal. That didn't stop me getting a further discount and credit. Yes it was a new contract again, but in effect only extended the current contract by a month. tbh if you've paid line rental saver, you might as well be in contract - i only ever take LRS out, if i've just signed up for 12 months. A price rise is imminent once this who ha dies down, so that will give you get out anyway if you want.

LFC Scouser 11-08-2018 17:52

I've been very lucky recently then, we got:

Old TiVo Box replaced with a 1TB V6 for free
£45 knocked off the monthly bill
and £60 one-time credit.
oh, and a 150 Mbit/s boost to our broadband speed.

Just gotta hold out for it. :-)

Itshim 12-08-2018 18:13

Fun bundle (historical ) still called that Now at £30 a month for 18 months

OLD BOY 12-08-2018 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35958345)
Try them again Richard (the retentions area of course). Nothing lost.

I had already negotiated a new contract and line rental saver just before UKTV withdrawal. That didn't stop me getting a further discount and credit. Yes it was a new contract again, but in effect only extended the current contract by a month. tbh if you've paid line rental saver, you might as well be in contract - i only ever take LRS out, if i've just signed up for 12 months. A price rise is imminent once this who ha dies down, so that will give you get out anyway if you want.

I think Richard has already achieved far more compensation than my wallet is happy with! You do realise that you are contributing to his upkeep, don't you?

Gavin-D 18-08-2018 12:23

I wonder what discounts people will get with the recently announced price increase

Joedm45 18-08-2018 12:34

I got an ok deal last week, kept my slightly out of date VIP package as it was, only difference is 200Mb instead of 350Mb broadband and kept my old TiVo as a second box.

They offered £103/month instead of £129, 12 month contract. This included the recent price rise so hopefully no more increases in that time.

I did have a laugh and joke with the lady about the UKTV channels, she was glad it had calmed down (channels weren't back at the time).

Itshim 18-08-2018 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35959131)
Fun bundle (historical ) still called that Now at £30 a month for 18 months

Added premier sports at nil cost . didn't even ask for it .see sports thread on this section

ncfc1902 18-08-2018 13:07

I was paying £35 a month for Phone and 100Mb Broadband. I have recently added a V6 with Full House TV and am now paying £49, though it's due to go up to £70 once the years contact is up

RichardCoulter 18-08-2018 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35959167)
I think Richard has already achieved far more compensation than my wallet is happy with! You do realise that you are contributing to his upkeep, don't you?

It's all part of your beloved capitalist society. More fool you if you pay more than you have to, VM love customers like you.