Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

nashville 11-07-2020 19:41

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36043112)
Your writings are always enjoyed jo :tu: compared to some others on here.:p:

Hi Den, Hugs to you , Take Care

SnoopZ 21-07-2020 19:28

Just had a WTH moment!

Just woke up at 6 lying on the sofa rubbed my eyes and thought it was 6am which would mean I would be an hour late for work.

So I rushed about thinking I had fallen asleep on the sofa 12hrs before but in reality I had only been asleep 2hrs!!!

*** No drugs were used in the creation of this message and as far as I know I wasn't abducted by aliens***

mrmistoffelees 23-07-2020 13:16

lifting and carrying a cast iron bath down the stairs has just about killed me. The only slight good thing is that at least i wasn't carrying it up the stairs....

denphone 23-07-2020 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 36044417)
lifting and carrying a cast iron bath down the stairs has just about killed me. The only slight good thing is that at least i wasn't carrying it up the stairs....

You did not carry it down the stairs on your own did you?.:shocked:

GrimUpNorth 23-07-2020 14:14

Quote:

Should've given it a tap with a big hammer then carried it down in pieces ;)

Mr K 23-07-2020 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36044424)
Should've given it a tap with a big hammer then carried it down in pieces ;)

Now you tell him !

SnoopZ 23-07-2020 15:14

Sounds like a job for Laurel and Hardy!

Hom3r 05-08-2020 13:02

Spitting Image is coming back later in the year, which is the most excellent news.

The bad is that it will be on Britbox, something I refuse to pay for as most of the content we already paid for.

SnoopZ 05-08-2020 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36045716)
Spitting Image is coming back later in the year, which is the most excellent news.

The bad is that it will be on Britbox, something I refuse to pay for as most of the content we already paid for.

Find an alternative source, CinemaHD firestick app is the easiest, then stream the episodes, I use either that or Kodi for everything.

Carth 05-08-2020 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36045716)

Good news in a way, as in the original was hilarious side splitting fun.

Bad news is that, due to changes in how humour is presented & perceived, it will probably be a damp squib with no more of that sarcastic whit that made it so good :(

denphone 05-08-2020 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36045722)
Good news in a way, as in the original was hilarious side splitting fun.

Bad news is that, due to changes in how humour is presented & perceived, it will probably be a damp squib with no more of that sarcastic whit that made it so good :(

Seeing no one has seen it yet l could not possibly comment on whether it is any good.;)

Carth 05-08-2020 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36045725)
Seeing no one has seen it yet l could not possibly comment on whether it is any good.;)

If it is as good as it used to be, there will be a long queue of politicians and celebrities clogging up the civil courts for years . . you're not allowed to make them look as stupid as they are nowadays :D

Hom3r 06-08-2020 16:36

When it originally broadcast MPs were furious, but then people started to know who they were.

Best was the whole episode long there was no puppet of the Queen Mum. The end credits rolled on the screen, followed by a statement in which the makers of the show denied such a puppet was ever made. In a final scene, the Queen Mum's puppet did show up, expressing grief "since she looked forward to see it."

Carth 06-08-2020 17:03

I can't look at pictures of Mick Jagger without thinking 'spitting image' :D

papa smurf 06-08-2020 17:13

Quote:

Was it full:erm: