Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   General : GU16 Virgin Broadband outage 3rd Oct - any info (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706895)

DamnMachine 03-10-2018 13:03

GU16 Virgin Broadband outage 3rd Oct - any info

Hi all,

There seems to be a broadband outage in the GU16 area as of Weds 3rd Oct 2018.

All was working fine and dandy till about 11, when Internet access completely disappeared. Rebooted the Superhub 3 twice, but it didn't come back. The green light on the Superhub was flashing permanently (I forget what this means.) Logged on to the Superhub on the local network, and on the status page under Internet it said "Access Denied".

Rang Virgin support and got a recorded message telling me there would be problems till 6pm, which I interpret to meaning "we're sending someone to look at it and if all goes well it will be fixed today".

The Virgin Service status page is saying under broadband:

"You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVoŽ services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.
We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way."

Anyone got any more info?

gba93 03-10-2018 14:06

Re: GU16 Virgin Broadband outage 3rd Oct - any info

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamnMachine (Post 35965265)
Hi all,

All was working fine and dandy till about 11, when Internet access completely disappeared. Rebooted the Superhub 3 twice, but it didn't come back. The green light on the Superhub was flashing permanently (I forget what this means.) Logged on to the Superhub on the local network, and on the status page under Internet it said "Access Denied".

Rang Virgin support and got a recorded message telling me there would be problems till 6pm, which I interpret to meaning "we're sending someone to look at it and if all goes well it will be fixed today".

"You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVoŽ services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I'm in GU16 and it's been fine for me all day.

roughbeast 03-10-2018 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by gba93 (Post 35965267)
I'm in GU16 and it's been fine for me all day.

I guess it will be down to a particular node or street box.

japitts 08-10-2018 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamnMachine (Post 35965265)
Hi all,

You've just described to a tee, each and every occasion ove the past couple of years that we've had planned works in our area. Usually the broadband has a step-change improvement immediately after it comes back.

Sometimes it's gone off for an hour or so, those times we've tended to get a letter or email beforehand to advise - other occasions it's only been 20-30minutes and the first you hear is when it goes off.

Either way, 11am seems to be VM-time for planned works to start.

DamnMachine 10-10-2018 13:00

Fair's fair. Virgin said it would be out till 6pm that night, and at 6pm it was back, and I got a text at 6pm saying it was back. I'm quick enough to complain when they are slow or uncommunicative, but in this case they got it right.

olisun 18-10-2018 16:40

My area (TW3) has been suffering from recent outages and today it went offline again for a couple of times.

Today there were 3 engineers working on my local cabinet taking some measurements.

Not sure what they were upto.

Is this in preparation for something bigger?