Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Engineer... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33601765)

uka100 07-10-2006 16:34

Engineer...

I rang for the 5th time today about my Terayon being slow, got the usual rubbish even though the last time I rang I was promised if it didn't work they would replace the modem...she even gave me a ref no. for the call. Well that did nothing they still wouldn't believe me...so I just asked for an Engineer to come out, he said that was possible but if he didn't find a fault i'd be charged £25....I couldn't be arsed messing around with them on the phones anymore so I said yes. Anyone else been in this situation...what happened? All I want is my old modem replaced for the 250,....because i'm sure thats what is causing my speed drops and intermittent connection and so are others.

Thanks

hairy_mick 07-10-2006 22:03

Re: Engineer...

well i have been informed by a service tec that the current upgrade of the ubrs and the change in QAM has effected the terayon modems so when he turns up tell him to swap it for a 250

Nedkelly 08-10-2006 07:17

:tu: The tjet becomes unstable when the qam is changed .I swap out tjets in my aera as this will stop the customer having this fault when when the qam is changed

mmm 08-10-2006 10:33

Re: Engineer... Terayon TJ210

As I have a TJ210 I have been seeing these reports for ages, and have been told by a senior guy in NTL that these 5 year old modems will be replaced at the first time of trouble. [Mine wasn't as it was an NTL account problem not hardware]

When will the message be passed onto the front line call centre operators? I don't think they even know what a Terayon TJ210 is because when I last called to say the 'cable light' was off - they kept asking about 'sync' and 'ready' lights which it doesn't have.

Why don't ntl just send out new modems to replace the few TJ210s left in service? If they are limping along they will be slowing down other users on the same UBR cards so it wouldn't only benefit the TJ210 users.

Jules 08-10-2006 12:50

Because it costs money so they replace as and when people have problems

uka100 10-10-2006 16:59

The engineer came today, I asked him if he knew the situation and he hadn't been told anything by the phone workers...and as soon as he walked in he said "Ah you need a new modem" I was like :D yay someone actually knows their stuff. he said he's had to replace a lot of the terayons on the 4MB and 10MB service mainly, and he kept saying how the message should get across to the phone workers that these things needs replacing, which is exactly what I was thinking.
He was done within 15 mins giving me a new 250 modem and everything works fine. Great work.

mmm 14-10-2006 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 34132318)
Because it costs money so they replace as and when people have problems

and there is no-one left at NTL to put 2 and 2 together and realise it would be cheaper in the long run and better PR to swap out the old modems in bulk rather than one at a time - or even add the solution to the help-desk fault finding chart!