Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Number one on your bucket list (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710418)

heero_yuy 01-10-2021 18:18

Number one on your bucket list

Lets face it we all have a bucket list of must do things and country's to visit before we croak. So what is the number one item on your list?

For me it's Japan, in the spring when the cherry blossom is out, and to climb mount Fuji.

peanut 01-10-2021 18:27

Re: Number one on your bucket list

I've crossed off my top 2 already in one day, hot air balloon flight over the Nevada desert at sunrise followed by a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon. But would like to see the Northern Lights so that has to be it.

Chris 01-10-2021 18:29

I’m going to be a bit contrarian and say I genuinely don’t have a bucket list. I’m sure I could say some things I’d like to do if I thought about it but there really isn’t anything that I’ve already definitely decided is a priority …

heero_yuy 01-10-2021 18:34

Maybe I should have said the number one unfulfilled item. Having already been to the wailing wall, etc in Jerusalem and also stood on one of the pyramids in Egypt.

Carth 01-10-2021 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36095434)
I’m going to be a bit contrarian and say I genuinely don’t have a bucket list. I’m sure I could say some things I’d like to do if I thought about it but there really isn’t anything that I’ve already definitely decided is a priority …

Same here, although still being around to see in the 22nd century sounds good ;)

Mr K 01-10-2021 20:27

Cleethorpes.

Paul 02-10-2021 00:51

I dont have a bucket list, and never have.

I did book my 2024 eclipse stay in texas last week though.

alanbjames 02-10-2021 08:02

I wanna go back to Australia and then Visit New Zealand. I went to Australia about 8 years ago and really would like to go again.

This time i wanna see the Gold Coast in Australia.

If and when Covid dies down now i will go out for a month or so with any luck.

Hom3r 02-10-2021 20:15

I've done one, been to Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

I can never do one as a Space Shuttle Launch will never happen, although one did land at the cape the day I was at the KSC, we just heard the two-way comms and a sonic boom.

spiderplant 03-10-2021 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36095572)
I've done one, been to Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

Yeah, that's good.

I've since been to the Johnson Space Center in Houston, which was disappointing after Kennedy. The Space Shuttle on top of the 747 was the best bit - though I enjoyed poking around the 747 more than the Shuttle.

Hom3r 04-10-2021 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36095660)
Yeah, that's good.

I've since been to the Johnson Space Center in Houston, which was disappointing after Kennedy. The Space Shuttle on top of the 747 was the best bit - though I enjoyed poking around the 747 more than the Shuttle.

Having worked for a cargo airliner, I had the chance to walk around a BAe-136-300, and a A300-B4 I was able to go down the hatch behind the Pilots seat into the aviation bay, which was quite big.

Halcyon 04-10-2021 10:12

I would love to do all of the Fells in the Lake District.

ThunderPants73 06-10-2021 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36095433)
I've crossed off my top 2 already in one day, hot air balloon flight over the Nevada desert at sunrise followed by a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon. But would like to see the Northern Lights so that has to be it.

We did a helicopter flight around San Francisco with an over and under pass of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was going great until the little girl who was also on the flight threw up her fruity milkshake all over the floor of the heli. The pilot continued banking this way and that, smearing the vomit around as he did so. That was a long flight. Great memories.

Anonymouse 25-10-2021 14:47

In 1996 I had an interview for an IT position...in County Antrim, would you believe. Hell of a trip just for an interview, but the job would've been worth it. Much to my surprise the dole did in fact pay my expenses (travel plus 2 nights staying in a boarding house in Belfast - the Botanic, I heartily recommend it). Anyway, while I was there it occurred to me that one place I'd always wanted to see, the Giant's Causeway, is in fact in Antrim.

Idea!

Plan: get to Belfast and settle in for the night; get a train in the morning to the interview; get back to Belfast to change out of my suit; go to the Causeway; get back to Belfast for the night; go home the next day and pray I'd got the job.

Well, it all went according to plan event-wise...but between the time to get to and from the interview, time to get to the Causeway and time to get the last train back to Belfast, I calculated I could spend exactly...ten minutes there.

I agonised over this. But when would I ever get the chance again if I didn't get the job? So, a 10-minute stay it was, and it's an amazing sight. I didn't think to take a camera, though. While I was there I looked out to the sea and promised her I would return for a proper visit, with a camera...one day.

I have yet to fulfil this promise. However, now I've been taken on by Stateside Foods and am now a full-time employee, 12-hour shifts but only working 7 days in every 14, paid at £12.36 p/h, the expense of the travel and getting time off work to make the trip should now be less of a problem than it has been in the last 25 years (and I still can't believe it's been that long!).

Giant's Causeway, here I come! :p:

Jaymoss 25-10-2021 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymouse (Post 36098752)
In 1996 I had an interview for an IT position...in County Antrim, would you believe. Hell of a trip just for an interview, but the job would've been worth it. Much to my surprise the dole did in fact pay my expenses (travel plus 2 nights staying in a boarding house in Belfast - the Botanic, I heartily recommend it). Anyway, while I was there it occurred to me that one place I'd always wanted to see, the Giant's Causeway, is in fact in Antrim.

Idea!

Plan: get to Belfast and settle in for the night; get a train in the morning to the interview; get back to Belfast to change out of my suit; go to the Causeway; get back to Belfast for the night; go home the next day and pray I'd got the job.

Well, it all went according to plan event-wise...but between the time to get to and from the interview, time to get to the Causeway and time to get the last train back to Belfast, I calculated I could spend exactly...ten minutes there.

I agonised over this. But when would I ever get the chance again if I didn't get the job? So, a 10-minute stay it was, and it's an amazing sight. I didn't think to take a camera, though. While I was there I looked out to the sea and promised her I would return for a proper visit, with a camera...one day.

I have yet to fulfil this promise. However, now I've been taken on by Stateside Foods and am now a full-time employee, 12-hour shifts but only working 7 days in every 14, paid at £12.36 p/h, the expense of the travel and getting time off work to make the trip should now be less of a problem than it has been in the last 25 years (and I still can't believe it's been that long!).

Giant's Causeway, here I come! :p:

awesome stuff