Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cable Forum Vaccinations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709819)

Paul 23-02-2021 06:47

Cable Forum Vaccinations

I thought it would be interesting to see how this is progressing with forum members.

Please "vote" for the appropriate option when you have had yours.

(Please only vote once you have had it, not when it is booked).

---------- Post added at 05:47 ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 ----------

Add a comment if you wish, I got mine yesterday (Pfizer).

oliver1948uk 23-02-2021 07:24

Re: Cable Forum Vaccinations

I actually received 3 letters through the post inviting me to book a vaccination, perhaps because I fall into 2 categories (over 70 and clinically vulnerable).
This was at the end of January. Booking online was easy, though at that time nothing was available for several weeks in my home town of Mansfield (a vast injection centre has since been set up). Thus I opted for the Forest site in Nottingham which had only just opened and was suffering from teething problems, resulting in an outside queue in freezing temperatures for over an hour and the injection 90 minutes late. However, there was a great atmosphere not least because of the positive attitude of the staff and volunteers on duty.

Taf 23-02-2021 11:50

The tiers are different here in Wales

1.residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2.all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3.all those 75 years of age and over
4.all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5.all those 65 years of age and over
6.all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7.all those 60 years of age and over
8.all those 55 years of age and over
9.all those 50 years of age and over

6bis.Those who are eligible for a carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable.

I will be in tier 5 in a few days, but also tier 6 as I am a Carer for a diabetic over 16. My wife and daughter are in tier 6 (diabetes, etc.), but only my wife has been called forward for next month so far.

Many have queried the gap from 65 to 69 to prioritise vulnerable people, but no reply has ever been given.

Chris 23-02-2021 12:08

The tiers will differ slightly in all the nations, but they're similar enough for us to all meaningfully indicate our position on the poll here.

denphone 23-02-2021 12:59

l booked my Vaccine jab yesterday for today and had my Oxford AstraZenica jab this morning along with my carer.

pip08456 23-02-2021 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36071704)
The tiers are different here in Wales

1.residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
2.all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3.all those 75 years of age and over
4.all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
5.all those 65 years of age and over
6.all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
7.all those 60 years of age and over
8.all those 55 years of age and over
9.all those 50 years of age and over

6bis.Those who are eligible for a carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable.

I will be in tier 5 in a few days, but also tier 6 as I am a Carer for a diabetic over 16. My wife and daughter are in tier 6 (diabetes, etc.), but only my wife has been called forward for next month so far.

Many have queried the gap from 65 to 69 to prioritise vulnerable people, but no reply has ever been given.

I'm in Wales, in tier 7 and had my jab last week.

SnoopZ 23-02-2021 13:21

Got mine today, AstraZenica: Age 50 - 59.

Dude111 24-02-2021 05:08

I think if you guys are gonna get it,the AstraZenica one is probably MUCH SAFER/better than the other 2 being offered in the states......

Maggy 24-02-2021 10:39

Too late I've had the Pfizer and no problems.

Mr K 24-02-2021 12:03

This forum is full of very old people ! I'm far too young to be vaccinated :)
(And its spelt AstraZeneca btw. God bless those shares i have ;) )

Chris 24-02-2021 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36071792)
This forum is full of very old people ! I'm far too young to be vaccinated :)
(And its spelt AstraZeneca btw. God bless those shares i have ;) )

I corrected the poll spelling. :D

And I salute your good fortune in holding AZ shares. Although the company is presently producing at-cost, I trust in time they will be suitably rewarded for all their hard work on our behalf.

Hugh 25-02-2021 13:30

Got my letter today to book the jabs, but I’ll wait until tomorrow, when I will have been for the three month follow-up appointment for the Novavax vaccine trial, where I will ask if I was given the vaccine or a placebo.

raging bull 25-02-2021 16:14

People are reporting more issues after having the second dose of the vac, example friend with issues had his yesterday and reports being light headed for 3-4hrs.
Although it could be like other jabs, it produces different side effects.

Chris 25-02-2021 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 36071943)
People are reporting more issues after having the second dose of the vac, example friend with issues had his yesterday and reports being light headed for 3-4hrs.
Although it could be like other jabs, it produces different side effects.

Yes, the Pfizer in particular is liable to do this. Those hospitals in Scotland that continued to offer the second dose after 21 days to frontline staff who already had an appointment date, rapidly stopped doing so because they were starting to experience unsustainable levels of staff absence.

Because the immune system is invisible to us, we don't realise that it works hard and uses energy. When it kicks in strongly, as it should do if any of these covid vaccines are doing their job, it can be a bit of a shock to the system.

Still, it's expected, and in the overwhelming majority of cases it's not a problem.

SnoopZ 25-02-2021 18:18

After having my first dose of the Oxford vaccine a few days ago I was fine for 12hrs then come 10pm I was shattered and my arm and shoulder ached which made it hard to sleep.