Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : When is a discount not a discount? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708132)

Raider999 05-09-2019 20:25

When is a discount not a discount?

On the 29th July I rang Virgin with the intention of leaving and returning to Sky.

Following a lengthy wait, I finally got through to 'retentions' where the operative asked me why I wanted to leave - I told him I couldn't afford the current price, he asked me to hold and came back a couple of minutes later with a 12 month discounted price of £94.25pm for 12 months from 28th August onwards.

I just thought, I haven't received an email with my payment amount recently, so I went to the website and accessed the bills section.

Lo and behold I am still paying the full amount for my package - the discount hasn't been applied.

To say I am livid is an understatement - I will have to phone them again tomorrow to find out why.

Is this normal behaviour for Virgin?

Mad Max 05-09-2019 20:27

Re: When is a discount not a discount?

Phone this number mate.....0345-454-1111

Raider999 05-09-2019 20:33

Looked at my contract which states I have a 4.50 discount for 6 months from 28th August - definitely not what I was promised.

Now I am more enraged!

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36008986)
Phone this number mate.....0345-454-1111

MM - thanks for that - is this the complaints department?

Mad Max 05-09-2019 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36008988)
Looked at my contract which states I have a 4.50 discount for 6 months from 28th August - definitely not what I was promised.

Now I am more enraged!

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

MM - thanks for that - is this the complaints department?

No I dont think it is mate, but I had a very good convo with the gentleman that I spoke to on this number, I got a really good deal and he said if you ever have any problems whatsoever, then ring this number, so maybe you could give it a try, no harm done.

Raider999 06-09-2019 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36008991)
No I dont think it is mate, but I had a very good convo with the gentleman that I spoke to on this number, I got a really good deal and he said if you ever have any problems whatsoever, then ring this number, so maybe you could give it a try, no harm done.

Tried that number, went through an automated menu then got cut off - rang 150 went through the same menu and after a long wait actually got to speak to someone (in India?). He says he has now actioned the promised discount, cannot send me an email to confirm but if I look online in a couple of days it will show on my account.

Hopefully he is correct but previous experience makes me wary.

Thanks for your help

daveeb 06-09-2019 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36009070)
Tried that number, went through an automated menu then got cut off - rang 150 went through the same menu and after a long wait actually got to speak to someone (in India?). He says he has now actioned the promised discount, cannot send me an email to confirm but if I look online in a couple of days it will show on my account.

Hopefully he is correct but previous experience makes me wary.

Thanks for your help

When I've negotiated I get a confirmation e-mail (even when they've subsequently failed to implement it). If the discount still fails to happen you might want to try the official VM forum, someone there should be able to sort it out for you although it can take a few days for them to answer your query.

Raider999 06-09-2019 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36009073)
When I've negotiated I get a confirmation e-mail (even when they've subsequently failed to implement it). If the discount still fails to happen you might want to try the official VM forum, someone there should be able to sort it out for you although it can take a few days for them to answer your query.

Both times I asked for an email confirming the discount - on both occasions I was told that isn't possible.

This is despite my account saying email sent.

I suspect the operative put me on hold to check the recording of the previous call as he was gone for a good 6 or 7 minutes.

Hugh 06-09-2019 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36009084)
Both times I asked for an email confirming the discount - on both occasions I was told that isn't possible.

This is despite my account saying email sent.

I suspect the operative put me on hold to check the recording of the previous call as he was gone for a good 6 or 7 minutes.

They’re fibbing - I got an email confirming my discount, with a pdf showing the duration.

joglynne 06-09-2019 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36009087)
They’re fibbing - I got an email confirming my discount, with a pdf showing the duration.

Same here. The guy , in Customer Relations, who sorted the discount out for me even reminded me to make a note to contact VM a couple of weeks before the discount is due to expire so that I can renegotiate next year.

Raider999 06-09-2019 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36009107)
Same here. The guy , in Customer Relations, who sorted the discount out for me even reminded me to make a note to contact VM a couple of weeks before the discount is due to expire so that I can renegotiate next year.

Obviously you cannot trust Virgin customer services - I will definitely be on to them again next week if it isn't correct.

Any one got a number for complaints (just in case I need it)?

Raider999 11-09-2019 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36009184)
Obviously you cannot trust Virgin customer services - I will definitely be on to them again next week if it isn't correct.

Any one got a number for complaints (just in case I need it)?

Checked my account - nothing appears to have changed.

Anyone got a number for complaints - I definitely need it.

daveeb 11-09-2019 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36009788)
Checked my account - nothing appears to have changed.

Anyone got a number for complaints - I definitely need it.

Seriously, try what I suggested about posting on the VM official forum. They have staff on there who will look into it for you. You'll have proof of your conversation as well. I used it when I had a similar (but more trivial) problem to good effect.

Raider999 12-09-2019 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveeb (Post 36009800)
Seriously, try what I suggested about posting on the VM official forum. They have staff on there who will look into it for you. You'll have proof of your conversation as well. I used it when I had a similar (but more trivial) problem to good effect.

Where do I find the VM official forum?

joglynne 12-09-2019 22:16

You can find the forum here... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums

You will need to join before posting.

Raider999 13-09-2019 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36009899)
You can find the forum here... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...unityHubForums

You will need to join before posting.

Thanks, did that this morning - had a PM from someone I assume is a Virgin employee which I replied to after work.

Hopefully I can get this resolved.