Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Virgin : Mobile Price Increase (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710011)

Sirius 07-05-2021 13:27

Mobile Price Increase

I have just received a txt from Virgin Mobile to inform me my mobile costs are to increase by 1.5% which means my plan will increase by 20p a month. Should i phone them and fane disgust and demand they disconnect me hoping they will offer me a smaller increase :rofl:

I await the standard response from certain posters and the flaming:afire:

Jaymoss 07-05-2021 14:46

Re: Mobile Price Increase

On a side note I see a change in VM policy when it comes to deals and land line numbers. On my last negotiation ( my bill was going up by a fair number of pounds not a few pence) they offered me a deal removing my landline in favour of a totally free sim package

Sirius 07-05-2021 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36079010)
On a side note I see a change in VM policy when it comes to deals and land line numbers. On my last negotiation ( my bill was going up by a fair number of pounds not a few pence) they offered me a deal removing my landline in favour of a totally free sim package

That's new, i would be happy to have that instead of the landline

Jaymoss 07-05-2021 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36079012)
That's new, i would be happy to have that instead of the landline

yeah I was surprised. I went from 100 meg and basic landline pack to 200 meg Unlimited mins and text and 5GB data on a oomph package but the sim is free for 18 months

RichardCoulter 08-05-2021 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36079013)
yeah I was surprised. I went from 100 meg and basic landline pack to 200 meg Unlimited mins and text and 5GB data on a oomph package but the sim is free for 18 months

Are there different Oomph packages? I've only ever heard of Ultimate Oomph with everything included :confused:

After many years I no longer use Virgin Mobile. They wanted to charge me £7 extra a month and had been overcharging me. I received nearly £200 in refunds & compensation for messing me about.

My new provider is £4.50 per month cheaper than what Virgin Mobile were charging me so I would advise the OP to shop around for a better deal; I wish i'd done it years ago.

Paul 08-05-2021 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36079036)
I wish i'd done it years ago.

We all wish you'd done it years ago ;)

Sirius 08-05-2021 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36079038)

The standard response was later than i expected ;)

Jaymoss 08-05-2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36079036)
Are there different Oomph packages? I've only ever heard of Ultimate Oomph with everything included :confused:

After many years I no longer use Virgin Mobile. They wanted to charge me £7 extra a month and had been overcharging me. I received nearly £200 in refunds & compensation for messing me about.

My new provider is £4.50 per month cheaper than what Virgin Mobile were charging me so I would advise the OP to shop around for a better deal; I wish i'd done it years ago.

I think any package with a sim is an oomph package now

SnoopZ 08-05-2021 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36079039)

Yes i was expecting it from the same poster too!

RichardCoulter 08-05-2021 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36079038)

Why?

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36079039)

Is this your standard response to those taking time to be helpful?

---------- Post added at 19:23 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36079065)
Yes i was expecting it from the same poster too!

Expecting what, or are you just stirring/trolling again?

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:23 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36079051)
I think any package with a sim is an oomph package now

Cheers, it's really refreshing to find a helpful & on topic response :)

Mr K 09-05-2021 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36079000)
I have just received a txt from Virgin Mobile to inform me my mobile costs are to increase by 1.5% which means my plan will increase by 20p a month. Should i phone them and fane disgust and demand they disconnect me hoping they will offer me a smaller increase :rofl:

Just join ASDA mobile, cheap as chips.

Itshim 09-05-2021 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 36079000)

How ever there price increase is less per year than most major suppliers l have looked at. Tesco has no increase for term taken out but cost more per month to start with :rolleyes:

RichardCoulter 09-05-2021 19:47

It all depends what you want/need/can afford. Some people like to use PAYG, others prefer to obtain & phone and service from the same supplier on a pay monthly basis and some like to buy the phone outright and pay monthly for a service only SIM.

I found the most cost effective method for me was to buy the phone myself (wanted Samsung) and enter into a SIM only deal on a rolling monthly contract.

I found the best PAYG to be 1p Mobile, the best handset/SIM deal to be from Tesco and the best SIM only with Lebara at £2.50 per month (£4.38 average over 12 months)

If you plug your requirements into this independent site, it will tell you the best deals available:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheap-mobile-finder/

You'll soon see that the best deals are not from the better known companies (including Virgin Mobile), but with the lesser know companies who don't tend to use those dreadful (but cheap for them) offshore call centres. Messing me about & being rude to me was the best thing that Virgin Mobile staff ever did for me as it prompted me to end my inertia and look at what else was out there and i'm saving a lot of money :D

Hugh 09-05-2021 20:22

Nothing worse than people being rude and abrasive on the phone…

Taf 28-12-2021 11:15

Our daughter had an Unlimited SIM that was £20pm to start with, but gradually rose to £28.45pm over the years.

A couple of months ago, she was invited to change to £25pm plan. She did that, and last month her bill dropped to £25pm.

She has just received her next bill, and it's gone up to £28pm!!