Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Virgin : Talkmore anytime (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708157)

Koiman97 13-09-2019 23:41

Talkmore anytime

Does everyone know you are charged for mobile call on this plan ..disgusting vm

Inactive Digital 14-09-2019 08:27

Re: Talkmore anytime

I sympathise, I've also been caught out by this.

Calls to the major mobile operators' numbers are included, however some numbers such as those starting 070 or some of the smaller mobile operators which route calls differently (they look like regular mobile numbers but will be itemised as 'WiFi call') are not included. Examples of these are Lyca mobile, vectone and others which often include packages of cheap calls to other countries.

When I complained to virgin that it was impossible to distinguish from a number whether or not it would be included in the talk more anytime package I was given short shrift and told the t&cs were clear that the inclusive calls only applied to numbers allocated to the four main operators EE, O2, Vodafone, Three (and MVNOs using their networks). Its a ridiculous situation, but they don't care because the t&cs are clear. It's just a shame the 07 number allocation isn't :shrug:

Mr K 14-09-2019 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koiman97 (Post 36009972)
Does everyone know you are charged for mobile call on this plan ..disgusting vm

I've never been charged for any calls to mobiles on this plan, guess they must all have been to the main mobile operators.
Another sneaky one is charging for calls over an hour, which you only fall for once !

cheekyangus 14-09-2019 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36010011)
I've never been charged for any calls to mobiles on this plan, guess they must all have been to the main mobile operators.
Another sneaky one is charging for calls over an hour, which you only fall for once !

Unless the person you upgraded the package to curb their phone costs for is the type who goes "la la la, I'm not listening", they simply don't care...or they have no perception of time passing and don't even try to note it no matter how you nag them because they are so sure they have got a handle on it. :erm:

Mr K 14-09-2019 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36010018)
Unless the person you upgraded the package to curb their phone costs for is the type who goes "la la la, I'm not listening", they simply don't care...or they have no perception of time passing and don't even try to note it no matter how you nag them because they are so sure they have got a handle on it. :erm:

Indeed, I've never had any phone call that's come close to an hour, but when the fair sex get on the blower to their Mother, they enter a timeless zone....

Inactive Digital 14-09-2019 13:30

It's cheaper to go over the hour calling a mobile (5ppm) than if you're calling a landline (16ppm) on Talk More Anytime. Hope your in-law has a mobile Mr K!

japitts 14-09-2019 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36010026)
Indeed, I've never had any phone call that's come close to an hour, but when the fair sex get on the blower to their Mother, they enter a timeless zone....

If you're a business user and joining long conference calls, it's not uncommon for these to go on. But I'm not sure many business users would be using V-Mobile, in the grand scheme, and socially.. yes I'd agree :-)

cheekyangus 14-09-2019 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36010026)

The person in my case is male, and old enough to know better. But that's likely why they are so stubborn and in denial. :)

livelysprite 28-01-2022 09:01

I just signed up for talk more anytime. They said to wait 24 hours for it to activate. Is there any other way to check if it's activated?