Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Parking Charge (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707557)

nashville 02-04-2019 15:26

Parking Charge

We came out of a shopping centre and discovered our Blue Badge had fallen from the dashboard onto the floor and a week later we had a Parking Ticket £85 or £50 if we paid early. I have appealed to Brit Parking and sent on a copy of my Blue Badge. What do you think of my chances of being excused?

tweetiepooh 03-04-2019 10:33

Re: Parking Charge

Probably depends on who deals with it. You'd hope they would be sympathetic but could say that the "rules" state the badge must be clearly displayed.

nomadking 03-04-2019 10:45

The badges aren't linked to any vehicle. It could just be anybody's blue badge that was sent as proof.

nashville 03-04-2019 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35989793)
The badges aren't linked to any vehicle. It could just be anybody's blue badge that was sent as proof.

It is not anyone's Blue Badge when my name and Reg number is on it,

TheDaddy 05-04-2019 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35989657)
What do you think of my chances of being excused?

Not good sadly... :(

Chris 05-04-2019 14:17

The parking company probably won’t be sympathetic but there is an independent appeals process you can go to afterwards - your chances are better there. Stick with it.

nashville 05-04-2019 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35990139)
The parking company probably won’t be sympathetic but there is an independent appeals process you can go to afterwards - your chances are better there. Stick with it.

We have appealed against it, ;)

denphone 05-04-2019 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35990141)
We have appealed against it, ;)

Good luck nash as we appealed against ours a while back and once certain information came to hand they had no other option but to rescind the parking fine.

Angua 05-04-2019 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35989657)
We came out of a shopping centre and discovered our Blue Badge had fallen from the dashboard onto the floor and a week later we had a Parking Ticket £85 or £50 if we paid early. I have appealed to Brit Parking and sent on a copy of my Blue Badge. What do you think of my chances of being excused?

Was this a Penalty Charge Notice or a Parking Charge Notice?

The difference is highly relative. Whilst you may get some consideration with the former, as this is a council run charge, they may still insist you pay. Was caught out by a council whose staff actually saw me go to the machine and get a ticket. Unfortunately it flipped over when I shut the car door, so fell foul of the rules and had to pay.

The latter is not much more than a a private invoice, which they may chase you for regardless.

Check this out.