Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HD : Two successive broken series links (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707034)

1701-e 06-11-2018 18:49

Two successive broken series links

1200 and 1300 today on sky One HD showing tonight's Arrow and seal team so series links for this evening have recorded repeats of Hawaii 5 o and NICs.

OLD BOY 06-11-2018 19:00

Re: Two successive broken series links

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701-e (Post 35969482)
1200 and 1300 today on sky One HD showing tonight's Arrow and seal team so series links for this evening have recorded repeats of Hawaii 5 o and NICs.

Are your series links not set to 'new only'? This would stop that from happening. .

1701-e 06-11-2018 19:11

The programmes don't match the actual content. New Arrow still displays for lunchtime on the V6.

OLD BOY 06-11-2018 19:17

Oh, I see! Sounds like Sky made a last minute programme change.

1701-e 06-11-2018 19:33

It's a mess. The SD schedule is ok.

RichardCoulter 06-11-2018 21:36

In the Coming Soon thread it's been stated that whenever VM change the frequency of their channels, that the series links have to be added again.

I've not come across this before; hopefully SP will see this and let us know.

RobboEdin 06-11-2018 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35969509)
In the Coming Soon thread it's been stated that whenever VM change the frequency of their channels, that the series links have to be added again.

Personally, I’ve never had to redo a series link for any reason so I’m not sure that’s true.
The case being discussed here, I believe, was simply a metadata error. I saw the early broadcasts being scheduled by my series links and didn’t believe they could be true. I changed the recording times manually to the correct scheduled time.

nomadking 06-11-2018 21:45

Seems to have been more of an EPG glitch. Yesterday(Monday) morning W HD and W+1 were out of step with W (SD). Same is true for Thursday coming up. No way would new episodes of "Arrow" and "SEAL Team" be first shown during the day. I doubt they are pre-watershed shows anyway.

RobboEdin 06-11-2018 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35969513)
Seems to have been more of an EPG glitch. Yesterday(Monday) morning W HD and W+1 were out of step with W (SD). Same is true for Thursday coming up. No way would new episodes of "Arrow" and "SEAL Team" be first shown during the day. I doubt they are pre-watershed shows anyway.

Yes, seeing Arrow and Seal team scheduled early doors was exactly why I doubted and rescheduled.

spiderplant 06-11-2018 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35969509)

No, that isn't correct. I think what you are referring to is this, which seems a lot more plausible.

RichardCoulter 06-11-2018 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35969517)
No, that isn't correct. I think what you are referring to is this, which seems a lot more plausible.

Thanks for that, I was indeed getting mixed up :)