Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

coulsontom 18-05-2013 00:39

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35572746)
Some Virgin customers have seen their monthly subscription go up by almost £15 per month since 01st April 2012. Whilst that sounds crazy, it is a fact!

I left Virgin in December when I was notified my package was going up in price yet again. In less than a year Virgin tried to put my monthly subscription up by around £10 or £11 :shocked:

I did read that SKY Sports will be going up in price in the summer months. Last year it was a £3.25 per month increase on Virgin. If I was still with Virgin, and this years increase is similar to last years, it would be my 4th price increase within a 16 month period totally between £13 or £14. That is really pushing the boundaries of acceptability.

In June 2011 we signed a contract for £100.55 per month.
It's now £114.55 for the same services just 2 years later.

colin25 18-05-2013 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35572802)
That's pretty harsh. It shouldn't matter if you are in the majority, or the minority. If you are unhappy with something, you have the right to complain. Sports are clearly important to SKY and BT in their bid to attract and retain customers, otherwise they wouldn't spend hundreds of millions on sports rights.

Very true.

Strange that somehow people try to justify things because they are in the majority. I suspect that was what happened in Germany in the 30s .

My opinion is based on what I think is right, not bothered whether i am in the majority, that is just happenstance.

denphone 18-05-2013 08:50

BT TV boss confident ahead of Sky battle.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/cit...-of-Sky-battle

tvtimes 18-05-2013 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35573068)
BT TV boss confident ahead of Sky battle.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/cit...-of-Sky-battle

It says "We're happy to wholesale to Sky." That sounds like a 180 degree turn to what they were saying before?
They've made it clear this whole "FREE" promotion is to lure broadband customers to BT. How do they intend on keeping the upper hand by wholesaling to Sky? What's to stop Sky then offering free BT sport with Sky broadband. It would financial more sensible to do that than offer sky sports at a reduce rate.

colin25 18-05-2013 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvtimes (Post 35573135)
It says "We're happy to wholesale to Sky." That sounds like a 180 degree turn to what they were saying before?
They've made it clear this whole "FREE" promotion is to lure broadband customers to BT. How do they intend on keeping the upper hand by wholesaling to Sky? What's to stop Sky then offering free BT sport with Sky broadband. It would financial more sensible to do that than offer sky sports at a reduce rate.

At the moment, I am thinking of taking BT with Broadband. Paying phone 1 year in advance, and free BT sport, i am saving money (in addition to the 1st 6 months free broadband) on an 18 year contract.

Might be worth changing, as I believe you should change every so often.

muppetman11 18-05-2013 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35573145)
At the moment, I am thinking of taking BT with Broadband. Paying phone 1 year in advance, and free BT sport, i am saving money (in addition to the 1st 6 months free broadband) on an 18 year contract.

How long!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

coulsontom 18-05-2013 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin25 (Post 35573145)

sAME here.
Moving to Sky (but waiting to see if they do 50% off offer again) for tv
and bt for phone & bb.

It's cheaper cos of 6 months free so it's 18 months for price of 12, and as u say "value" line rental paid in advance.

Then can switch if nec

denphone 18-05-2013 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35573149)
How long!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

Well you know Colin as he likes his apron strings tied for him.;):D

Chad 18-05-2013 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by coulsontom (Post 35573152)
sAME here.
Moving to Sky (but waiting to see if they do 50% off offer again) for tv
and bt for phone & bb.

It's cheaper cos of 6 months free so it's 18 months for price of 12, and as u say "value" line rental paid in advance.

Then can switch if nec

More 50% codes coming soon.

SKY staff currently have 50% friends and family codes available, but they have to be used by the 30th May 2013. Sadly my SKY contact is all out however if you spend some time on Google, and don't mind joining random forums, you can get a code very easily! For example:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....-family-codes/

nstokes 18-05-2013 15:32

Next time mate has some ill check to see if its ok for me to get peoples email addresses and pass them to him. It all depends if he will allow me to do that. Normally posts it on Facebook so should be an issue. When i know ill post on forums. It will cost you a drink or too thou :D

Chad 18-05-2013 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35573163)
Next time mate has some ill check to see if its ok for me to get peoples email addresses and pass them to him. It all depends if he will allow me to do that. Normally posts it on Facebook so should be an issue. When i know ill post on forums. It will cost you a drink or too thou :D

I think it's great that we are looking after our Virgin Media friends. They can forget worrying about the summer price increase for SKY Sports, and the chance that BT Sports won't be on Virgin, by joining good guys like us over at SKY for 1/2 of what they currently pay to Virgin :D

Not everyone will be interested though as they simply love TiVo too much. I loved TiVo too, but not as much as having an extra £50 in my wallet each month!

It's all banter of course however I will post links to 50% off codes for SKY when they become available, for anyone who might be interested. I wouldn't be a very good member of this community if I didn't share the good fortune and love around a bit.

colin25 18-05-2013 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35573166)
I think it's great that we are looking after our Virgin Media friends. They can forget worrying about the summer price increase for SKY Sports, and the chance that BT Sports won't be on Virgin, by joining good guys like us over at SKY for 1/2 of what they currently pay to Virgin :D

Not everyone will be interested though as they simply love TiVo too much. I loved TiVo too, but not as much as having an extra £50 in my wallet each month!

It's all banter of course however I will post links to 50% off codes for SKY when they become available, for anyone who might be interested. I wouldn't be a very good member of this community if I didn't share the good fortune and love around a bit.

Just shows how kind hearted sky customers are...always good to see it evidenced :)

nstokes 18-05-2013 15:43

I agree Chad. Way it works with my mate is he emails you and then after clicking link you get the code. I hope our friends are greatful when we give them the codes

denphone 18-05-2013 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35573166)

Oh Chad dear chap your master still has much to do to learn you the proper meaning of all that is good in this world but come over to us and pledge yourself to our teachings and you will be saved forever from the doom of Skydor.:D;)

colin25 18-05-2013 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35573171)
Oh Chad dear chap your master still has much to do to learn you the proper meaning of all that is good in this world but come over to us and pledge yourself to our teachings and you will be saved forever from the doom of Skydor.:D;)

Den dear chap..that is all virgin lore :D