Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Travelers (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703826)

Paul 22-10-2016 18:49

Travelers

Started last week.

Quote:

Hundreds of years from now, the last surviving humans discover the means of sending consciousness back through time, directly into people in the 21st century. These 'travelers' assume the lives of seemingly random people, while secretly working as teams to perform missions in order to save humanity from a terrible future.
The series is a co-production between Netflix and Showcase.

Just watched Ep 1 and enjoyed it, looks quite promising so far.

Stephen 22-10-2016 21:08

Re: Travelers

So they 'leap' into people?

Sounds like part of the idea from quantum leap slightly

Paul 22-10-2016 21:41

Maybe, but thats hardly unique to QL, in this case they only do it the once.

Pierre 23-10-2016 08:52

I thought it was a companion series to My big fat gypsy wedding.

Mick Fisher 23-10-2016 17:49

Ep01 didn't tick any boxes for me :(

General Maximus 23-10-2016 17:58

I am really intrigued so far. I am still trying to plough my way through the new series and I only watched ep 1 last night. I like the tone of it and will defo watch a few more eps. I love thinking about time travel and the fact that these guys are taking it seriously and going out of their way not to meddle with the timeline is great.

Horizon 28-12-2016 01:38

Travelers

Travelers - a new time travel series appeared on Netflix just before Christmas.

It's about a group of people, the travelers, whose minds travel back in time to people in this century who about to die and the travelers take over their bodies. Their mission is to save humanity!

I don't watch linear television at any other time of year, so why make Christmas any different.... so I've been binging on some series' and this is the first of them.

It's quite a good Canadian sci-fi drama, a bit more intelligent than the standard American fare, think Continuum, if you've seen that. Yes, its far fetched, but I've quite enjoyed it. So if you have Netflix (or other means...) give it a try.

Paul 28-12-2016 02:17

Watched the final two episodes yesterday, thanks to it now being released on Netflix (on the 23rd).

Loved most of the episodes, there was one I thought was a bit duff (the one after they deflected the asteroid).

I was disappointed they "reset" Marcy.

The final episode finished on a cliff hanger, so I hope they renew it.
(That final episode was directed by Amanda Tapping [Samantha Carter in Stargate]).

Horizon 30-12-2016 19:49

....sorry, didn't see your original thread!

I think with Marcy the producers wanted to make the character tougher as she is meant to be on some kind of military mission. Yep, I noticed Amanda Tapping directing, plus you always get the same actors in Canadian dramas. I think they have about a dozen actors in the entire country!

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35865265)
I am really intrigued so far. I am still trying to plough my way through the new series and I only watched ep 1 last night. I like the tone of it and will defo watch a few more eps. I love thinking about time travel and the fact that these guys are taking it seriously and going out of their way not to meddle with the timeline is great.

But they are trying to mess with the timeline though, watch a bit more.... it's meddle with a capital M!

OLDGOLD 30-01-2017 14:03

I've recently finished watching this and loved it. I was a bit unsure after the first couple of episodes, but kept with it and glad I did.

I loved the drama aspect of the travelers having to deal with the everyday lives of their hosts as well as take on their missions at a moment's notice. Adds a lot more depth to those kind of sci-fi shows where its just a case of a new mission/case every week to deal with.

pip08456 30-01-2017 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35878431)
Yep, I noticed Amanda Tapping directing, plus you always get the same actors in Canadian dramas. I think they have about a dozen actors in the entire country![!

Think again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._and_actresses

General Maximus 03-02-2017 00:11

I loved seeing Rommi in Arrow, I just hope she is in it a lot more.

pip08456 03-02-2017 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35883728)
I loved seeing Rommi in Arrow, I just hope she is in it a lot more.

She's definately in for the rest of this season. Loved the English accent too!

Paul 06-03-2017 01:36

Travelers will be back for Season 2 in the Autumn.

pip08456 06-03-2017 03:08

YES!

Well deserved return!