Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Brave New World (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709230)

General Maximus 17-07-2020 10:25

Re: Hanna

Onto Brave New World now. I feel like I am doomed to repeat the same mistake as Warrior Nun. I won't be watching 7 eps this time though, it looks really bad. It is going to get a one episode try and then I am moving into Cursed which looks very good.

SnoopZ 17-07-2020 11:03

Brave New World

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36043746)
Finished season 2 last night and thought it was excellent. This is the kind of series which would have benefited from a full season so what is going to be season 3 could continue into now in season 2 and the story can evolve and continue.

Onto Brave New World now. I feel like I am doomed to repeat the same mistake as Warrior Nun. I won't be watching 7 eps this time though, it looks really bad. It is going to get a one episode try and then I am moving into Cursed which looks very good.

I've just see a post saying if someone is going to watch Brave New World make sure you watch 2 episodes as it doesn't kick off until the end of episode 2.

General Maximus 17-07-2020 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36043755)
I've just see a post saying if someone is going to watch Brave New World make sure you watch 2 episodes as it doesn't kick off until the end of episode 2.

:rolleyes: i reckon that is a conspiracy just to boost the ratings. There will be a post somewhere saying you need to watch all 10 eps to really appreciate it the deeper meaning behind it :)

General Maximus 17-07-2020 14:57

Brave New World

Well well well, I don't mind being pleasantly surprised. The trailer for this looked cack and does not do it justice at all. I would describe it as a cross between Equilibrium (Christian Bale movie) and Westworld. Because it looked rubbish I said I was only going to give it 1 episode as when I saw the trailer the only thing I thought was "this looks just like Inhumans". Snoopz suggested that you need two eps to get into it but tbh I was very intrigued after 10 mins and hooked by the end of ep 1. If you like thinking about the future, the technological and environmental problems which will take their toll on the planet and the repercussions that has on society and how it is managed then you'll enjoy this. It is all about weighing up the options of a peaceful, technologically advanced healthy society with order against freedom and the ability to explore and express emotions. I'll defo be watching the entire season this weekend. I wanted to make a thread for a series so everyone can hear about it. It is definitely one of those series that has slipped under the radar and needs more attention.

SnoopZ 17-07-2020 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36043760)
:rolleyes: i reckon that is a conspiracy just to boost the ratings. There will be a post somewhere saying you need to watch all 10 eps to really appreciate it the deeper meaning behind it :)

No this is just a watcher like you who was going to give up but stayed till episode 2, not sure how much more they will watch though.

I've not seen it yet is it bad on episode one and are you giving up?

Paul 17-07-2020 16:05

Re: Brave New World

LOL, I tried it, and binned it. :)

pip08456 17-07-2020 16:31

I'll be trying it tonight along with Cursed.

pip08456 17-07-2020 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36043805)
No this is just a watcher like you who was going to give up but stayed till episode 2, not sure how much more they will watch though.

I've not seen it yet is it bad on episode one and are you giving up?

That's why unless it's absolutely dire in the first ep I always give a new series 3 eps. If it doesn't get me by then I'll drop it. Another Life as an example is one that didn't make the grade for me.

General Maximus 17-07-2020 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36043811)
LOL, I tried it, and binned it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36043366)
No surprise there :rolleyes:

I say no more :)

pip08456 17-07-2020 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36043831)

Can you just not accept Paul's taste along with mine and yours are different?

General Maximus 17-07-2020 18:36

I accept that I have good taste ;)

pip08456 17-07-2020 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36043841)
I accept that I have good taste ;)

In your opinion.:D

Paul 17-07-2020 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36043831)

Why would I be surprised at my own post :confused:

General Maximus 17-07-2020 22:39

Because i was going to say that in response to you but instead of typing it out i just quoted you because you had alresdy said it :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36043844)
In your opinion.:D

I am going to tell Rommi you said that ;)

General Maximus 23-07-2020 18:23

I enjoyed it. Admittedly it dealt with issues that have been covered in numerous movies before but it is good to see a different take on it. They may have over played certain aspects of it but it was still good to watch and a complete contrast from what I thought it was going to be. I thought Klaus was going to be typical Klaus but he has proven he can act and play different characters. Same can be said for Han Solo. Viserys is still a snivelling weasel. This isn't the best series ever but it also isn't the worst. If you enjoy your scifi I strongly suggest you give it a go. We are still in the summer tv season and the fall season has been pushed back to after Christmas so you have got plenty of time.

Oh and in case you were wondering, my new favourite letter of the alphabet is β (+) :)