Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Lucifer (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705167)

Paul 23-07-2017 23:16

Lucifer

Season 3 returns in October ;

denphone 24-07-2017 07:10

Re: Lucifer

Looks good to me.

cimt 24-07-2017 12:39

Kicks off with a mini series. Season 2 had 18 episodes but they'd plotted the story arc out to 18 episodes then they increased it to 22. So they're putting them 4 at the beginning of this season.

Paul 16-05-2018 23:31

As you probably know by now, Fox cancelled this.

However, as always, there are rumours about a possible move to another network. I certainly hope so, as I thought this show was good, and the finale the other night left us all wondering how Chloe would react to finally finding out who he really is.

There are also apparently at least two full unaired episodes.

Kabaal 17-05-2018 07:01

As much as I enjoyed the season finale i'm not so confident that a new season would have been better than the last one after the creators comments on what the plans would have been going forward.
Quote:

Chloe knows the truth. So that was the big thrust of Season 4 – exploring Chloe dealing with those ramifications, and how it affected her relationship with Lucifer. Both professionally and personally. Can you work with the Devil? Can you LOVE the devil?
The main focus of the show being the relationship is what turned most people off in the first place.

Paul 17-05-2018 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabaal (Post 35947088)
The main focus of the show being the relationship is what turned most people off in the first place.

I dont think the relationship as such put people off, people I know who watch the show were willing them to get together, what irritated them is the fact they dragged out the revelation of Lucifer's true identity [to Chloe] for so long. They should have done that at the start of Season 3, not the end.

Matthew 19-05-2018 23:48

I got really into this, shame if it cannot be resurrected else where, getting quite into some of the American shows at the moment.

General Maximus 20-05-2018 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 35947396)
getting quite into some of the American shows at the moment.

I have only watched US tv for 18 years or so now. There are more than enough series to go around and some of them are just so amazing (e.g The Expanse and Game of Thrones) that it makes british tv look like amateur Bollywood stuff. Anything worth (debatable) watching comes and goes anyway because they only make 3-6 eps because of $$$. If you haven't had chance to look into seriously yet I can make a list of excellent tv series, current and old) that will keep you going for a long long time.

pip08456 20-05-2018 17:33

I haven't even looked at this one yet so personally I'm not bothered that it's been cancelled. I do understand where fans are coming from though.

More and more shows are going to get cancelled as viewing habits change. The American networks rely on live viewing figures to maximise advertising then cost becomes factored in.

adzii_nufc 20-05-2018 17:58

Just a thought, unlikely but given that FOX don't own Lucifer, it opens up the availability for him to appear in the CW-DC Universe/Arrowverse would be interesting to see him show up in Legends to meet up with Constantine. CW as such denied this, but they once claimed they had no plans on saving Constantine.

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35947180)
I dont think the relationship as such put people off, people I know who watch the show were willing them to get together, what irritated them is the fact they dragged out the revelation of Lucifer's true identity [to Chloe] for so long. They should have done that at the start of Season 3, not the end.

Yeah it was never the relationship from what I can grasp, it was the procedural element of the show that got dull half way through the first season to the point you could forget the main character is literally the devil. That was the major gripe I found from fans (Reddit) They were annoyed that the 'Devil' elements were being pushed to the back and we were getting a standard Police procedural.

Paul 22-05-2018 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35947075)
There are also apparently at least two full unaired episodes.

The two unaired episodes are to be broadcast on Monday 28th May.

Paul 12-06-2018 12:07

There is still some hope for Lucifer ;

(According to Amazon Studios head Jennifer Salke, last week).

Quote:

"We were talking about Lucifer," Salke said during the interview held last Thursday. "I know that international, especially the UK group, was really bullish on that show, I haven’t checked in on that today (Thursday), but I heard conversations were ongoing on that yesterday."

Matthew 12-06-2018 23:57

Will keep my eyes peeled for that one.

Paul 16-06-2018 01:57

Lucifer has been picked up for Season 4 by Netflix, its expected it will comprise of 10 episodes.

Paul 10-04-2019 17:36

Season 4 (confirmed as 10 episodes) is set for release on May 8th. :D