Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   basestation (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708278)

baz 13-10-2019 12:45

basestation

Hi guys
just wondering if anyone listens to vhf/uhf/sw etc on a basestation, what do you use and arial/ antenna etc

Mr K 13-10-2019 14:54

Re: basestation

What a disappointment, was thinking this thread was about Babestation....

Uncle Peter 14-10-2019 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by baz (Post 36013720)
Hi guys
just wondering if anyone listens to vhf/uhf/sw etc on a basestation, what do you use and arial/ antenna etc

Yes I usually monitor the HFGCS and Russian Strategic Air Force frequencies on HF in addition to the civil and military air bands on VHF and UHF.

For HF Listening I use a couple of dedicated amateur band antennas which work well on receive across the entire HF band with a pretty low noise floor:

40m End Fed Half Wave with the far end up at 75ft sloping down to a homebrew matching network bolted to a fence post at the back of the garden. Being a sloper it is slightly directional.

20m Delta Loop suspended between my tower and 2 trees in the front garden (with a little help from a DJI drone ;))

On the higher bands there's a couple of homebrew J-Poles for the civil and military air bands near the top of the tower. They are simply made from copper pipe and elbow joints.

The main radios are off the shelf amateur transceivers: Yaesu FT1000MP MK V and Kenwood TS480HX for HF and a Yaesu FT847 for VHF/UHF

Hugh 14-10-2019 20:52

RFNV from Sheremetyevo still transmitting?

Uncle Peter 14-10-2019 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36013888)
RFNV from Sheremetyevo still transmitting?

I don't think that's been active for some time, not since their strategic comms systems were overhauled.

Air Force HQ (Moscow) = REA4

Naval Transport Command = RFJ94

You don't hear much SSB these days but you can often hear the CW marker beacons when the strategic bombers are active

baz 15-10-2019 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36013749)

you naughty boy

Dude111 16-10-2019 22:31

My IMAX-2000 antenna for my CB works for all those freqs quite well :)

If I hook my SW reciever to it,man oh man!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K

Ah man!!

baz 20-10-2019 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 36013879)
Yes I usually monitor the HFGCS and Russian Strategic Air Force frequencies on HF in addition to the civil and military air bands on VHF and UHF.

For HF Listening I use a couple of dedicated amateur band antennas which work well on receive across the entire HF band with a pretty low noise floor:

40m End Fed Half Wave with the far end up at 75ft sloping down to a homebrew matching network bolted to a fence post at the back of the garden. Being a sloper it is slightly directional.

20m Delta Loop suspended between my tower and 2 trees in the front garden (with a little help from a DJI drone ;))

On the higher bands there's a couple of homebrew J-Poles for the civil and military air bands near the top of the tower. They are simply made from copper pipe and elbow joints.

The main radios are off the shelf amateur transceivers: Yaesu FT1000MP MK V and Kenwood TS480HX for HF and a Yaesu FT847 for VHF/UHF

I have two yupi mvt7100 hooked up to homemade bowtie arial with good results I also have a uniden ubc785xlt and a yasue vr-5000 which I don't use as the moment as having great difficulty trying to manually program I have looked on youtube for info but only found how to set up and use with a PC still trying to find something but to no avail:confused: