Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Electric Toothbrush (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710018)

alanbjames 11-05-2021 01:00

Electric Toothbrush

Ive been advised by my dentist to get an electric toobrush.

Ive been looking but there are so many around its like a minefield, can anyone recommend one to me please?

Thanks.

Ken W 11-05-2021 04:14

Re: Electric Toothbrush

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 36079230)

Ive been looking but there are so many around its like a minefield, can anyone recommend one to me please?

Thanks.

I have OralB rotary rechargeable

Chris 11-05-2021 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanbjames (Post 36079230)

Thanks.

A basic Oral B rechargeable model will do just fine. Models higher up the range have all sorts of things like massage settings and quadrant timers that you really don’t need. The charging stand comes with a 2-pin shaver plug so you will need an adapter if you don’t already have one (unless it says one’s included in the box).

Halcyon 11-05-2021 08:28

Another vote for OralB.

alanbjames 11-05-2021 09:00

Just ordered myself one of these.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08WY4T4...aa_rscomp&th=1

Taf 11-05-2021 10:03

Lidl Nevadent Sonic £19.98. 3 year warranty and cheap heads that last months. I can't use a rotary as I have a moustache. Loads of different vibration settings, a timer that allows for 30 seconds per zone and a 2 minute shutoff.

admars 11-05-2021 10:52

i think the 2500 is what i have, more or less always 1/2 price somewhere, charge it up once or twice a week.

hopefully you get one with the newer better batteries. I think that range is the "sweet spot".

the cheaper ones aren't so good motors, and the more expensive ones have same motor, but a lot of bells and whistles, blu tooth etc and other features you probably don't need.

Saul's Grandad 11-05-2021 10:58

Another vote for the Braun OralB here. We've been using them for years. Brushes aren't cheap but Tesco/Sainsbury regularly have them on offer. It's cheaper per brush if you buy one of the multi-packs.

Itshim 15-05-2021 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul's Grandad (Post 36079247)
Another vote for the Braun OralB here. We've been using them for years. Brushes aren't cheap but Tesco/Sainsbury regularly have them on offer. It's cheaper per brush if you buy one of the multi-packs.

Compatible brushs at home bargains :D

Chris 15-05-2021 23:50

Compatible brushes almost everywhere - one of the benefits of the Oral-B being so popular.

Carth 15-05-2021 23:53

Am I the only person left using a 'normal' toothbrush?

Maggy 16-05-2021 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36079549)
Am I the only person left using a 'normal' toothbrush?

No you are not.

Hugh 16-05-2021 09:55

If you are, doesn't that mean we are all using the 'new normal' toothbrushes, and you are not the 'normal' one? ;)

Carth 16-05-2021 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36079568)
If you are, doesn't that mean we are all using the 'new normal' toothbrushes, and you are not the 'normal' one? ;)

Well played that man :D

To be honest I've never been normal, and find it odd that dentists (who make their money dealing with bad teeth) are falling over themselves to promote something that will (apparently) reduce their income . . :shrug:

Itshim 16-05-2021 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36079590)
Well played that man :D

To be honest I've never been normal, and find it odd that dentists (who make their money dealing with bad teeth) are falling over themselves to promote something that will (apparently) reduce their income . . :shrug:

People that lóok after there teeth will have regular check ups and pay extra for treatments:D

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36079548)
Compatible brushes almost everywhere - one of the benefits of the Oral-B being so popular.

Sure you are correct can't claim I have seen them anywhere else I shop .mine you l don't shop widely