Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Meghan/Harry (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709866)

Sephiroth 08-03-2021 09:11

Meghan/Harry

Good stuff, eh? Charlie Farley wouldn’t take calls from his son (the one he stiffed because he was busy with Camilla). It looks like the Royals were a bunch of “Stiwny” as some Polish people might understand.

As for Meghan, what did she expect? Hadn’t she been briefed by Harry?

What a larf.

peanut 08-03-2021 09:57

Re: Meghan/Harry

My opinion is that she's a social climber that will do whatever it takes.

Hugh 08-03-2021 10:05

I thought the Washington Post from six years ago summed it up quite neatly...

Quote:

Being a royal sibling is a surprisingly difficult role. As WorldViews has pointed out before, your position as "spare to the heir" is really just ceremony with no real clout, yet it leaves you very open to attacks from the notorious British tabloid press.

heero_yuy 08-03-2021 10:34

Breakfast TV is banal at the best of times but it was off the Richter scale this morning. Plenty of things happening in the world that are more important than some publicity hunting Z-lister and the Harry formerly known as prince.

Sephiroth 08-03-2021 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36073486)
I thought the Washington Post from six years ago summed it up quite neatly...

Well, yes. The "spare Prince" indeed.

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36073498)
Breakfast TV is banal at the best of times but it was off the Richter scale this morning. Plenty of things happening in the world that are more important than some publicity hunting Z-lister and the Harry formerly known as prince.

Don't fret. They still cover the rest of the things going on!

Mick 08-03-2021 11:03

The Duchess of Netflix and Hazza, should be hauled in to the Tower of London, should they ever return to the UK. I have zero sympathy for her and he’s a stupid fool for marrying this Z-list bint.

Stuart 08-03-2021 12:08

OK,

For a long time, I have felt that Meghan is being treated astonishingly badly by the press. I still feel that. After all, compare her treatment to that of Kate.

That said, if they are going to leave the royal family, they should leave it totally. We shouldn't be subjected to all these stories about how things are run, and they shouldn't be doing interviews about it.

Enough.

Mr K 08-03-2021 13:04

Let's face it, the Royals have history of screwing up lives and failed marriages. Its a skill they have.
As for the Royal that worried about the colour of the baby, no prizes for guessing which Duke of a Scottish city that would have been...

The tabloids and people that buy and believe that crap are equally to blame. Victims must be bullied till they break, except this one didn't, she answered back. Remember all the tabloid promises after Diana...

heero_yuy 08-03-2021 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36073521)
As for the Royal that worried about the colour of the baby, no prizes for guessing which Duke of a Scottish city that would have been...

He does have form. :erm:

Hom3r 08-03-2021 13:34

Quote:

Let's face it, the Royals have history of screwing up lives and failed marriages. Its a skill they have.

The tabloids and people that buy and believe that crap are equally to blame. Victims must be bullied till they break, except this one didn't, she answered back. Remember all the tabloid promises after Diana...

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36073523)
He does have form. :erm:

Harry says otherwise

nomadking 08-03-2021 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 36073511)
OK,

For a long time, I have felt that Meghan is being treated astonishingly badly by the press. I still feel that. After all, compare her treatment to that of Kate.

That said, if they are going to leave the royal family, they should leave it totally. We shouldn't be subjected to all these stories about how things are run, and they shouldn't be doing interviews about it.

Enough.

So has Kate behaved anywhere near the way Meghan has? Did Kate chase after US interviews?

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Quote:

Simply asking the question is NOT racist. If you're asking in an advisory capacity, then you will be asking on the basis on what others might say. Enough non-white people went on about supporting her, because she is seen as being non-white. Now that is definitely racist, supporting somebody on the basis of colour.

heero_yuy 08-03-2021 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36073524)
Harry says otherwise

Is there a linkable source?

Hom3r 08-03-2021 14:10

https://news.sky.com/story/queen-and...-skin-12239751

mrmistoffelees 08-03-2021 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36073526)
So has Kate behaved anywhere near the way Meghan has? Did Kate chase after US interviews?

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Simply asking the question is NOT racist. If you're asking in an advisory capacity, then you will be asking on the basis on what others might say. Enough non-white people went on about supporting her, because she is seen as being non-white. Now that is definitely racist, supporting somebody on the basis of colour.

Why did the question need to be asked at all?

Stuart 08-03-2021 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 36073526)

She didn't, but then she didn't have the press attacking her regularly for the various things her family said or did. That she apparently wasn't speaking to her father should have been a private issue, yet it was front page news for months. That is wrong, and is one reason I am glad she sued the Daily Mail and won.

Don't get me wrong, I think she is probably a diva, and it's entirely possible she is behind this,

Personally, I think Harry has not been a happy member of the family for a long time (possibly since his mother died), and I think he was looking for a way out. Megan is possibly that way out.