Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Writers Strike 2023 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33711867)

Itshim 29-04-2023 16:27

Writers Strike 2023

Anyone know a site that would list US shows in danger of being cancelled if the writers strike goes ahead :dozey:

Taf 29-04-2023 17:04

Re: Shows in danger

Late night chat shows are the biggest at risk, but I don't watch any of them. Most of the series we get in the UK are up to a year later than first showings in the USA.

Chris 29-04-2023 18:35

Anything in development but not yet shooting, potentially also anything mid-production if the writers’ complaints are anything to go by (they say streamers in particular are difficult customers, demanding extensive re-writes mid production).

Dude111 29-04-2023 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim
Anyone know a site that would list US shows in danger of being cancelled.....

I think it would be safe to say ALL OF THEM... The sad state of things leaves much to be desired!!

Itshim 03-05-2023 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36150804)
I think it would be safe to say ALL OF THEM... The sad state of things leaves much to be desired!!

If I remember correctly, and that in its self is questionable. A few shows I was watching ,(my taste is weird ) didn't reappear after the last time , guessing will keep I eye on gektown

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36150790)
Late night chat shows are the biggest at risk, but I don't watch any of them. Most of the series we get in the UK are up to a year later than first showings in the USA.

Hasn't stopped them showing them in UK in the past.

Mr K 03-05-2023 18:10

It's spring, the evening are light. Enjoy a walk, forget tv, it really isn't important, particularly the crap US imports.

pip08456 07-05-2023 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36151144)
It's spring, the evening are light. Enjoy a walk, forget tv, it really isn't important, particularly the crap US imports.

What you consider US imports is purley subjectivee based on you preferences.

Star Trek Picard, The Mandolorian being 2 of the recent releases may be of no interest to you but there are many SciFi fans wiating for more.

Having worked for Showmasters Film and Comic Con I know how many are interested in SciFi in this country (including myself). Many are produced in Canada but by US Media with US writers, that's all about tax breaks costs etc.

Csnada also has its own produced SciFi which will not be affected due to Canadian writers such as Jo Mallozzi, Simon Barry etc.

What you view as crap is not the view of many people.

Mr K 07-05-2023 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36151423)
What you consider US imports is purley subjectivee based on you preferences.

Star Trek Picard, The Mandolorian being 2 of the recent releases may be of no interest to you but there are many SciFi fans wiating for more.

Having worked for Showmasters Film and Comic Con I know how many are interested in SciFi in this country (including myself). Many are produced in Canada but by US Media with US writers, that's all about tax breaks costs etc.

Csnada also has its own produced SciFi which will not be affected due to Canadian writers such as Jo Mallozzi, Simon Barry etc.

What you view as crap is not the view of many people.

Yeah, they're crap. Blake's 7 beats them all hands down.

Paul 07-05-2023 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36151425)

Which is why no one takes the crap you spout seriously. :rolleyes:

GrimUpNorth 07-05-2023 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36151425)

Sad day when they knocked down the Leeds Polytechnic Brunswick Building at the back of the Merrion Centre to build the First Direct Arena, a piece of British Sci-Fi history went with it (I also did my acoustic qualification there so doubly sad for me).

Chris 07-05-2023 22:34

Blakes 7 was an original piece of gritty, dystopian science fiction for about the first half dozen episodes until Terry Nation started running out of ideas and they began re-hashing props, sets and ideas from Doctor Who. After that it was mostly camp and a bit silly, though always entertaining enough to fill the void left between seasons of Doctor Who.

pip08456 08-05-2023 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36151449)
Blakes 7 was an original piece of gritty, dystopian science fiction for about the first half dozen episodes until Terry Nation started running out of ideas and they began re-hashing props, sets and ideas from Doctor Who. After that it was mostly camp and a bit silly, though always entertaining enough to fill the void left between seasons of Doctor Who.

Nail on head Chris.

Wonder what Mr K has to say about your (and my) take on it?

Dude111 08-05-2023 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul
Which is why no one takes the crap you spout seriously. :rolleyes:

Hehe I reckon they dont take what I say either mate,I am very unique!!

SnoopZ 08-05-2023 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36151456)
Hehe I reckon they dont take what I say either mate,I am very unique!!

Finally something I can agree on with you! :D

Paul 16-05-2023 00:04

While not in danger of being cancelled, the strike is delaying The Last of Us Season 2.

Quote:

no scripts for season two of the series have been written yet. Creators Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann have decided not to cross the picket line and work on any projects until the strike ends. Once the strike is resolved and, if things can move forward quickly, the plan is to film episodes for The Last of Us season two in early 2024 in Vancouver.