Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   30 more areas selected for cabling by VM (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703279)

1andrew1 11-07-2016 12:43

30 more areas selected for cabling by VM

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/...irgin-upgrade/

DJSADERS 11-07-2016 13:36

Re: 30 more areas selected for cabling by VM

Chineham was always going to get it.... the Basingstoke fibre runs down from Reading along the A33 pretty much straight through it

jb66 11-07-2016 14:50

Fibre goes through my town also and ive spoke to lightning but it fell on deaf ears

MrIca 13-07-2016 09:17

Still not much expansion in North West England for some reason.

vm_tech 13-07-2016 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35849278)
Fibre goes through my town also and ive spoke to lightning but it fell on deaf ears

Which part of the country are you in?

jb66 13-07-2016 18:36

I'm in Scotland, there is a cab 1 mile south of my house and a cab 1 mile east. To join the cab up there are pits and some houses even have tees.

weesteev 16-07-2016 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35849651)
I'm in Scotland, there is a cab 1 mile south of my house and a cab 1 mile east. To join the cab up there are pits and some houses even have tees.

Not as simple as physical network, all depends on where you would be served from and whats required in the technical environment. There is a lot of expansion planned in Scotland this year and into next including some seriously impressive FTTH expansion. Watch this space!

Ignitionnet 16-07-2016 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35849964)
Not as simple as physical network, all depends on where you would be served from and whats required in the technical environment. There is a lot of expansion planned in Scotland this year and into next including some seriously impressive FTTH expansion. Watch this space!

Good to hear.

Hopefully be able to get the FTTP stuff in West Yorkshire underway at some point, seems to have been delayed.

The Middleton build started in May-ish of last year is 85-90% done but stalled currently.

weesteev 16-07-2016 20:53

Middleton is HFC build and has been in design/deploy for a few years now. This pre-dates project lightning by some considerable time. There is quite a bit in West Yorkshire planned but not in areas that would surprise you.

Skie 16-07-2016 22:57

Bit of infil around Bebington might be nice, Infinity cabinets are full so plenty of pent up demand :)

MrIca 17-07-2016 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skie (Post 35850010)
Bit of infil around Bebington might be nice, Infinity cabinets are full so plenty of pent up demand :)

Bit of infill around Wirral in general would be nice! But yes, Bebongton would seem easy as it's all coming from the industrial estate in Bromborough anyway. Heswall wouldn't be too difficult either, they've got empty ducting running to it from Neston. Parts of Meols, Moreton and Parkgate have ducts and tees to the houses even.

Skie 17-07-2016 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIca (Post 35850022)
Bit of infill around Wirral in general would be nice! But yes, Bebongton would seem easy as it's all coming from the industrial estate in Bromborough anyway. Heswall wouldn't be too difficult either, they've got empty ducting running to it from Neston. Parts of Meols, Moreton and Parkgate have ducts and tees to the houses even.

Ah yes, the more laid back part of town :dozey:

But more seriously, yes, the Wirral does seem ripe for a rollout.

Ignitionnet 17-07-2016 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35849991)
Middleton is HFC build and has been in design/deploy for a few years now. This pre-dates project lightning by some considerable time. There is quite a bit in West Yorkshire planned but not in areas that would surprise you.

Indeed it is HFC. Was planned a bit before VM got the hang of FTTP and started build last year.

Pre-dated Lightning but rolled into it later on.

I'm aware of much of the stuff in West Yorkshire - the villages to the east of Leeds are next I believe and they are going to be FTTP.

Held up now waiting on a couple of different things before releasing some more homes. Build will likely carry on a bit at a time for a couple of years yet.

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

The bit I'm looking forward to seeing includes a very awkward part of London alongside a large town that's currently unserved in the South-East.

Horizon 18-07-2016 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35850075)
snip

[/COLOR]The bit I'm looking forward to seeing includes a very awkward part of London alongside a large town that's currently unserved in the South-East.

Isle of Dogs/Canary Wharf??

weesteev 18-07-2016 12:24

Watch this space Horizon ;)