Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Labour was responsible for anti-Semitic discrimination (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709466)

Chris 29-10-2020 10:07

Labour was responsible for anti-Semitic discrimination

... and this amounted to law-breaking behaviour.

Quote:

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) said it "identified serious failings" in the party's leadership in addressing anti-Semitism.
It also said the party had "inadequate processes" for handling complaints.
The watchdog gave the party an unlawful act notice, meaning it has to publish an action plan within six weeks.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54730425

Oh dear.

denphone 29-10-2020 10:31

Re: Labour was responsible for anti-Semitic discrimination

Utterly appalling.

papa smurf 29-10-2020 10:52

I suppose the entire shadow cabinet were only following orders.

Hugh 29-10-2020 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36055402)
I suppose the entire shadow cabinet were only following orders.

You’re confusing the Shadow Cabinet with the Labour Party National Executive Committee - the NEC are the governing body, not the Parliamentary Party.

papa smurf 29-10-2020 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugh (Post 36055404)
you’re confusing the shadow cabinet with the labour party national executive committee - the nec are the governing body, not the parliamentary party.

mansplaining again

Hugh 29-10-2020 11:23

Sorry, mama smurf... ;)

(the irony of you, a man, trying to redefine "mansplaining" takes meta to a new level :D )

heero_yuy 29-10-2020 11:26

Quote:

Quote from The Sun: Jeremy Corbyn STILL blames opponents for exaggerating anti-Semitism claims even after a damning report by the Equality and Human Rights Commission found Labour broke the law.

Mr Corbyn refused to apologise today after the equalities watchdog found the party under the hard left-former leader allowed horrible harassment and abuse of Jewish members to thrive.

In a shameless statement, Mr Corbyn said today: "The scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media."

And he added he "did not accept all of the reports findings."

Mr Corbyn claimed: "As Leader of the Labour Party I was always determined to eliminate all forms of racism and root out the cancer of antisemitism.
(In)actions speak louder than words. :rolleyes:

Good old stick your head in the sand and blame your opponents. It's that attitude that allowed the hard Left to nurture anti-semitism.

nomadking 29-10-2020 11:35

Not quite sure why all the finger pointing at Corbyn. It wasn't new party members committing the offending acts etc.

Mick 29-10-2020 12:08

It’s quite certain why all the finger pointing is at Corbyn, he was their leader. And the report quite rightfully exposes there was a lack of leadership.

I didn’t think the Labour brand could get any more tarnished, Blair government was a disgrace, with the illegal Iraq war and then ‘oh Jeremy Corbyn’ comes along and says hold my cup of tea.

People know my take on polling, but they do reflect a view. At this moment, the Tory government have not got a clue what they are up against with Covid. Current polling trends have Labour slightly above Conservatives, or just under. Labour should be 20 points ahead by now, even I say that. Labour die hards blame Starmer. But is it just people cannot bring themselves to vote for such a tarnished party, regardless of their policies?

nomadking 29-10-2020 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36055413)
It’s quite certain why all the finger pointing is at Corbyn, he was their leader. And the report quite rightfully exposes there was a lack of leadership.

I didn’t think the Labour brand could get any more tarnished, Blair government was a disgrace, with the illegal Iraq war and then ‘oh Jeremy Corbyn’ comes along and says hold my cup of tea.

People know my take on polling, but they do reflect a view. At this moment, the Tory government have not got a clue what they are up against with Covid. Current polling trends have Labour slightly above Conservatives, or just under. Labour should be 20 points ahead by now, even I say that. Labour die hards blame Starmer. But is it just people cannot bring themselves to vote for such a tarnished party, regardless of their policies?

Did it only start when he became leader? Did the offenders only join the party after he became leader? The mentality behind it all, has been there a very long time.

papa smurf 29-10-2020 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36055407)
Sorry, mama smurf... ;)

(the irony of you, a man, trying to redefine "mansplaining" takes meta to a new level :D )

In its original use, mansplaining differed from other forms of condescension in that it was said to be rooted in the assumption that a man is likely to be more knowledgeable than a woman.[7] However, it has come to be used more broadly, often applied when a man takes a condescending tone in an explanation to anyone, regardless of the age or gender of the intended recipients: a "man 'splaining" can be delivered to any audience.[2] In 2010, it was named by the New York Times as one of its "Words of the Year".[8] American Dialect Society nominated Mansplaining as the “most creative” new word in 2012.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mansplaining

There's no charge for educating you.

1andrew1 29-10-2020 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36055413)

Nailed it! :clap::clap::clap:

Mick 29-10-2020 13:11

BREAKING: Jeremy Corbyn SUSPENDED from Labour Party.

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Whip also removed.

Damien 29-10-2020 13:13

Amazing. Starmer is fully confronting the culture that developed within the party and Corbyn's wing of the party. This is probably a judgement day for him. Corbyn, his allies and supporters within the membership will now test this to see whose party it is.

papa smurf 29-10-2020 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 36055423)
BREAKING: Jeremy Corbyn SUSPENDED from Labour Party.

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

Whip also removed.

Arse covering by starmer.