Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710238)

smallclone 20-07-2021 13:26

Re: Ridiculous mobile scenario - I'm fuming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36086987)

Just leave and go onto giffgaff and take a new number

They should never have ended your previous package till they could start your new one. This is truly awful service

Wouldn't that cost me a fortune? With around 5 months left?

Jaymoss 20-07-2021 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallclone (Post 36086991)
Wouldn't that cost me a fortune? With around 5 months left?

If they can not supply you with what you are contracted to how can the contract be valid? well that is my arguement anyway

Paul 20-07-2021 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36086983)
I moved a few months ago and do not regret it so far.

I moved to Sky well over a year ago now, never looked back.

Itshim 20-07-2021 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36086987)
got the zero charge cap in place in the settings

---------- Post added at 13:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Just leave and go onto giffgaff and take a new number

Have 5 girls living with me at the moment .don't ask but thanks covid . And student landlords. All say that giffgaff and smarty ? Are slower than the parent company . Lost me after a few minutes. 2 votes O2 one liked Tesco and the 2 went for EE l give in !!!!!

smallclone 21-07-2021 12:37

New SIM card arrived today.

Hands up who thinks it worked?

Jaymoss 21-07-2021 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallclone (Post 36087114)
New SIM card arrived today.

Hands up who thinks it worked?

No or you would not have asked

smallclone 21-07-2021 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36087115)
No or you would not have asked

Course it didn't. Virgin are absolutely flummoxed as to what the problem is. I just spent 89 minutes on a call to an agent. Half way through the call, she suggested I take the SIM card out and wipe it. I started crying.

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

The wife's phone works fine on an EE tower. I put the sim in hers and there's a vastly reduced signal, no mobile data, BUT there is 'Virgin' under Network operators which isn't the case on mine.

They've suggested that the phone may have been corrupted and it's just a massive coincidence that it happened at exactly the same moment that I got a text saying my plan had changed last Saturday morning. This all despite 2 previous virgin agents admitting to me that my service / sim was deactivated last week and couldn't be restored. They have said to factory restore my phone and wait for a call back from a manager.

BenMcr 21-07-2021 13:54

New SIMs are on the Vodafone radio network, not EE which is why the signal is different. Mobile data should work still though as long as the phone has the Virgin Mobile APN settings.

On your A50 if you go to Setting > About phone > Software information what's the 'Service provider software version'?

smallclone 21-07-2021 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by benmcr (Post 36087118)
new sims are on the vodafone radio network, not ee which is why the signal is different. Mobile data should work still though as long as the phone has the virgin mobile apn settings.

On your a50 if you go to setting > about phone > software information what's the 'service provider software version'?

saomc_sm-a505fn_oxm_btu_rr_0006btu/btu,btu/btu

BenMcr 21-07-2021 14:51

That rules out the thing I was thinking in that had firmware from another region on it which is why it was thinking that the SIM was a roaming one.

But 'BTU' is the version Samsung issue in the UK as SIM free/unlocked so should be fine for any Virgin Mobile SIM.

smallclone 21-07-2021 15:11

Thanks for trying. Registering on Virgin network improves my signal a bit now. Even though the agent said I should be on Vodafone network. But the vodafone reception is nil and the R appears over the signal bars again.

Mobile data has not worked since Saturday morning.

I may just phone giff gaff up and ask them what they can do for me. Even if I have to pay in full for my handset contract to be up it will mean I am off this godforsaken carrier.

BenMcr 21-07-2021 15:16

With a Virgin Mobile SIM, it replaces the radio network it uses in the manual network list.

So for SIMs on the EE network, you won't see EE in the list as that's what Virgin Mobile will be, but would see Vodafone.

For SIMs on the Vodafone network, you wouldn't see Vodafone, but would see EE.

Jaymoss 21-07-2021 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallclone (Post 36087122)
Thanks for trying. Registering on Virgin network improves my signal a bit now. Even though the agent said I should be on Vodafone network. But the vodafone reception is nil and the R appears over the signal bars again.

Mobile data has not worked since Saturday morning.

I may just phone giff gaff up and ask them what they can do for me. Even if I have to pay in full for my handset contract to be up it will mean I am off this godforsaken carrier.

you can just do giffgaff through the web they send you a sim you choose a goodybag and you are set

If you are still in the cooling off period you will not have to pay VM anything. Plus it is not working so again they are in breach of their aspect of the contract as they are not providing you a service

smallclone 21-07-2021 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36087124)
Plus it is not working so again they are in breach of their aspect of the contract as they are not providing you a service

They have denied this though and are now saying the problem looks like a faulty phone.

I'm back on a rolling tarriff now at least (cancelled the 100GB plan as was in the cooling off period) - although that doesn't start until 17 August apparently! As that was the earliest they could change it.

I'd really prefer to keep this number, as it's used on so many of my things.

Jaymoss 21-07-2021 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallclone (Post 36087127)
They have denied this though and are now saying the problem looks like a faulty phone.

I'm back on a rolling tarriff now at least (cancelled the 100GB plan as was in the cooling off period) - although that doesn't start until 17 August apparently! As that was the earliest they could change it.

I'd really prefer to keep this number, as it's used on so many of my things.

put the sim in the phone that worked a bit and get your pak code. Order the giffgaff sim and when it comes and activated use the pak code to change the number