Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

weenie 11-07-2014 11:57

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

No because a lot can happen in a year for all they know your credit score could have changed in the last 12 months, it may have got higher or lower they don't know unless they run a check.

Pauls9 11-07-2014 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35713450)
No because a lot can happen in a year for all they know your credit score could have changed in the last 12 months, it may have got higher or lower they don't know unless they run a check.

Thanks Weenie, but these are simply companies I considered changing to a year ago, but didn't place any insurance with. Except for one, which I finished with at that time. I haven't had anything to do with them since. :confused:

Hugh 11-07-2014 14:38

They will be ringing you up to try and get your business, as they know it is due for renewal...

They are 'pre-vetting' you.

Pauls9 11-07-2014 14:42

Thanks Hugh. So I shouldn't be so paranoid, then?

Hugh 11-07-2014 22:16

You might want to check with the Credit Reference company - when I worked in Consumer Credit, too many credit checks negatively affected your Credit Score, as (then, mid 2000s), some people would try a number of different stores to get credit arrangements.

It may have changed in the last ten years.....

MalteseFalcon 12-07-2014 18:00

Absolutely fuming. Adviser at JC saved 4 jobs the other week for me to apply, I applied for 3 and left the 4th as it was the same company, same role, but different wording. Told her so on Thursday, she said OK fine. However, got a letter this morning telling me that I had been referred to a decision maker as I had not applied for a job that my adviser had found.

Will be writing my letter of reply tomorrow, if I do it today I will swear and get abusive. Will not help at all.

nashville 12-07-2014 19:40

Sometimes we feel better after a moan,

MalteseFalcon 12-07-2014 20:34

And the day ends on another high for me. Granddad is in hospital again, fourth or fifth time this year alone. This time coughing up blood, apparently he will be in and out for the future now. This sounds cruel, but it would be better for him and everyone else in the family if he died. I have to wonder how many more stays in hospital it will take before he finally succumbs.

weenie 13-07-2014 18:29

The sock monster LOL why is there always odd socks left in the ironing basket :confused:

dilli-theclaw 13-07-2014 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35713924)
The sock monster LOL why is there always odd socks left in the ironing basket :confused:

That's why it's so great always having at least one leg in a cast..... Odd socks are my friend :)

weenie 13-07-2014 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35713926)
That's why it's so great always having at least one leg in a cast..... Odd socks are my friend :)

;)

denphone 13-07-2014 18:49

l seem to have odds socks on a regular basis as they seem to get lost somewhere along the line whether its at home or when we are visiting my parents.

heero_yuy 13-07-2014 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35713924)

You iron socks? :confused::confused:

Apart from posh shirts we don't iron anything as we don't have things that need it.:)

weenie 13-07-2014 19:44

Yes I do, heero I iron just about everything socks, boxers, dish towels, towels even dusters. Hubby thinks I'm mad whereas I know I'm mad. :D

joglynne 13-07-2014 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35713946)
Yes I do, heero I iron just about everything socks, boxers, dish towels, towels even dusters. Hubby thinks I'm mad whereas I know I'm mad. :D

Since I retired and no longer needed to wear formal clothes I have only ironed half a dozen items and on every occasions it was with great sadness. It appears that the only times I now use my iron is when someone dies. I hate my iron.