Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : The Scottish Football Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688884)

colin25 02-02-2014 09:13

Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonRoad (Post 35668172)
Depends how it's used really.

There's nowt wrong if it's used as a bit of banter. ;)

True, but I suspect that isn't purpose for most

Derek 02-02-2014 15:38

Not the first time a manager has been abused and spat on at the soon-to-be-flats-castle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...umbles-on.html

Quote:

Rangers manager Paul Le Guen, who visited Parkhead for the recent challenge match against Manchester United, was spat on by Celtic supporters as he left Tynecastle, but the club refused to respond yesterday when asked whether they would apologise to the Frenchman.

colin25 02-02-2014 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35668303)
Not the first time a manager has been abused and spat on at the soon-to-be-flats-castle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...umbles-on.html

lol..over the years, glasgow has been the main source of sectarian abuse, let alone the rest.

Jimi 02-02-2014 19:19

4 folk,including a Liverpool fan have had their twitter accounts suspended yesterday for online abuse,some may be hearing a wee knock on their door by Focus but I won't hold my breath.
The Liverpool fan in question was quoted as saying 'Its a pity they didn't throw hand grenades at the wee fenian b****** instead of coins,'
He later apologised saying he won't do it again,and promptly deleted his tweet,however 54 people had a screen grab of what he said and was reported tae the relevant authorities.
GOOD. !!!

jb66 02-02-2014 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi (Post 35668426)
4 folk,including a Liverpool fan have had their twitter accounts suspended yesterday for online abuse,some may be hearing a wee knock on their door by Focus but I won't hold my breath.
The Liverpool fan in question was quoted as saying 'Its a pity they didn't throw hand grenades at the wee fenian b****** instead of coins,'
He later apologised saying he won't do it again,and promptly deleted his tweet,however 54 people had a screen grab of what he said and was reported tae the relevant authorities.
GOOD. !!!

Same Liverpool that sings fields of athenry..

colin25 02-02-2014 19:51

There are stupid people...just more proof

Stephen 02-02-2014 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35668427)
Same Liverpool that sings fields of athenry..

and you'll never walk alone!

richard s 03-02-2014 14:12

Would SPL teams survive in the EPL.

Chad 04-02-2014 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35668702)

Based on current resources only 1 would. If however the SPL teams where given the same kind of revenue as those in the English top 20, I'd be a bit more optimistic.

colin25 04-02-2014 20:11

Why should they play?

They already have a league.

jb66 04-02-2014 20:39

They are too big for Scotland
I for one would like to see Celtic and rangers in the epl. Maybe we can trial a British cup. A rangers Liverpool game, Celtic Tottenham. Sounds mouth watering to me

colin25 05-02-2014 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 35669151)
They are too big for Scotland
I for one would like to see Celtic and rangers in the epl. Maybe we can trial a British cup. A rangers Liverpool game, Celtic Tottenham. Sounds mouth watering to me

Watching the drunks fight would be news worthy, I grant you that

Jimi 05-02-2014 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35668702)

No,because they would have tae begin at the Conference League level i'm told.
If Scotland's top club made it tae the EPL,we'd make it tae around mid table at best in the first few seasons,the TV income,depending who divides it up,will improve our chances big time,letting us keep players whom we've normally had tae sell,like Wanyama and Hooper for instance,our stadium would go from 61.525 tae 75k as we could easily add another stand onto the main stand,and there's talk of us having a partial standing area next season increasing the ground tae £65k.
Having said all that,I'd rather we stay where we are,simply because we'd have tae give up Champions League football,nothing beats that.......end of.

Arthurgray50@blu 05-02-2014 22:17

Why should Celtic or Rangers for that matter, if given the ok to play in English football. Why the hell should they go straight into the EPL, clubs in the lower division try hard each season to get out of their league to get into the PL.
If they want to play in English football then they should start right at the bottom and that is the Conference.

Not only that, they wouldnt last five minutes in the PL, its much faster than Scottish football.

Several years ago we had a The London Cup with Celtic, and there fans were appalling, l went to that game, and all they sang throughout the game was anti English songs and were banned from all the pubs round Wembley, l was there.

And Celtic fans are a disgrace - they played Brentford at pre season and smashed the place up - and no papers reported it. Check Youtube its on there.

If Scottish football is in dire financial trouble, then merge it with the English League NOT PL.

And as for Neil Lennon, he is the biggest troublemaker going - l like Celtic, but not while he is manager.

Stephen 05-02-2014 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35669527)
Why should Celtic or Rangers for that matter, if given the ok to play in English football. Why the hell should they go straight into the EPL, clubs in the lower division try hard each season to get out of their league to get into the PL.
If they want to play in English football then they should start right at the bottom and that is the Conference.

Not only that, they wouldnt last five minutes in the PL, its much faster than Scottish football.

Several years ago we had a The London Cup with Celtic, and there fans were appalling, l went to that game, and all they sang throughout the game was anti English songs and were banned from all the pubs round Wembley, l was there.

And Celtic fans are a disgrace - they played Brentford at pre season and smashed the place up - and no papers reported it. Check Youtube its on there.

If Scottish football is in dire financial trouble, then merge it with the English League NOT PL.

And as for Neil Lennon, he is the biggest troublemaker going - l like Celtic, but not while he is manager.

As always happens with these type of things there are sometimes a small group of 'loyal' fans within every teams support and sometimes casuals that never go for the game but just to stir trouble. Don't tarnish every Celtic fan with that especially as Celtic constantly gets reported as the team with the best fans when abroad.

Also Lennon is not a trouble maker at all. He took some abuse at the weekend when he was just there to watch the game. People to target him and cause trouble but he is not the troublemaker at all Arthur!