Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : The Scottish Football Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688884)

Media Boy UK 26-09-2012 23:25

Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35478273)
Nice to see the SPL leaders given a hiding by 3rd division minnows Rangers tonight. :D

More fans in Ibrox than in 6 league cup games combined last night. Thats with the game live on TV as well.

I hope Rangers do well in this cup - Hoping to see an Celtic V Rangers game in next round or Final.

We got Celtic on Saturday :banghead:

(Motherwell fan)

LondonRoad 26-09-2012 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35478329)
I hope Rangers do well in this cup - Hoping to see an Celtic V Rangers game in next round or Final.

We got Celtic on Saturday :banghead:

(Motherwell fan)

Motherwell are worth a bet on Saturday. The players had a good rest tonight. :D

Media Boy UK 26-09-2012 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonRoad (Post 35478331)
Motherwell are worth a bet on Saturday. The players had a good rest tonight. :D

I see that Sky and ESPN think Celtic will win.

Sky - no game
ESPN - Aberdeen VS Hibs.
BBC Alba - Motherwell VS Celtic - Kick off 3pm (Shown as Live at 5.30pm)

LondonRoad 26-09-2012 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35478333)
I see that Sky and ESPN think Celtic will win.

Sky - no game
ESPN - Aberdeen VS Hibs.

I think this was originally pencilled in as a Sunday kick off on Sky but Celtic's match in Moscow on Tuesday scuppered it as ESPN already had the Saturday game.

Edit; I haven't checked if this is accurate but somebody posted that this is Celtic's first 3pm away kick for 8 years! i'm sure I must have misheard!

Anyhoo the whole game is on BBC Alba at 5.30 on Saturday evening.

Edit: Twas Radio Scotland's Richard Gordon that claimed Celtic's last 3pm away quick off was Oct 2005 agains Livingston. I was obviously exagerating saying it was 8 years :D

Derek 27-09-2012 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35478307)
Omg someone has something to try and prove to the rest of us?

Just that Rangers are better supported than other teams. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonRoad (Post 35478320)
Their boast of the crowds are laughable (quite a few complimentary tickets being handed out for home league matches apparently).

Strange. I've heard the same about free tickets being handed out for a certain stadium in the east end of Glasgow to charities and youth groups in an attempt to bolster crowds.
Still you can't blame people for preferring to go to a marvellous listed building and take in its history and brilliance over some breeze block monstrosity that's lucky Glasgow city council are chucking money at it to tart it up for 2014 before it falls down. ;)

LondonRoad 27-09-2012 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35478367)
Just that Rangers are better supported than other teams. :)

Great support.:rolleyes: How well did that fighting fund do? :D Not even as much as Northern Rugby Clubs can raise. They don't have the mythical worldwide fan base.

How successfull have previous share issues been?

How may shares will fans owe in the club once Chucky's escape plan has been funded? I already know the answer, do you?;)

Is this what Rangers are reduced to? Boasting about the front of their stadium while forgetting about the rest of the asbestos ridden bigot dome that requires millions spent on it.

Derek 17-10-2012 07:05

It's all going well in the SPHell....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19970984

Quote:

Hearts wage bill overdue for second successive month
And just coming out the woodwork now is this.

Quote:

BBC Scotland learn Hearts had transfer ban imposed after salaries were late last month. Issue will be discussed again by SPL board on Monday
Whatever happened to transparency? How poor is the journalism in Scotland that it takes a month to report on transfer bans being imposed.

I also hear Motherwell are in severe trouble with the manager buying water for training sessions out his own pocket each week and players being asked to take very significant wage cuts.

LondonRoad 18-10-2012 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35485913)
It's all going well in the SPHell....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19970984

And just coming out the woodwork now is this.

Whatever happened to transparency? How poor is the journalism in Scotland that it takes a month to report on transfer bans being imposed.

I also hear Motherwell are in severe trouble with the manager buying water for training sessions out his own pocket each week and players being asked to take very significant wage cuts.

For somebody who has no interest in the SPL you seem to revel in any potential negative events. ;) Not that you would be hoping for any clubs to go into administration....?

For your own peace of mind Deek, I can assure that there is no way that any current SPL club will go into liquidation owing us much as the ex-Rangers. That's your own wee world record that your club took to it's grave. ;) Pity they're deid or we could have put a wee star on their shirt for that.

On a more positive note, I've registered a £50K interest in purchasing shares in this new Glasgow Club fronted by Chucky Green. Are you in Deek? :D

Henkesghost 18-10-2012 05:59

:D Their own delusion and sense of entitlement is what brought them down before. Looks like the zombies are well on their way to doing it again. :)

Barca on Tuesday ;)

Derek 18-10-2012 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonRoad (Post 35486223)
For somebody who has no interest in the SPL you seem to revel in any potential negative events. ;) Not that you would be hoping for any clubs to go into administration....?

It is the Scottish football thread, not an SPL thread or SFL 1/2/3 thread. I would have thought a news item about one of the bigger clubs not being able to pay players (again) would have been of interest to some and them being hit with a punishment that was kept secret showed just how desperate and untransparent the SPHell are.

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkesghost (Post 35486233)
Barca on Tuesday ;)

Don't worry, I'm sure that will see a return to form for celtic in away European games. What is it? 4 points from a possible 63?

LondonRoad 18-10-2012 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35486267)

Don't worry, I'm sure that will see a return to form for celtic in away European games. What is it? 4 points from a possible 63?

... shocking record isn't it? We'd probably have more away points in the CL than that if we'd cheated over the years though;)

Celtic have still had more away wins in Europe this season than The Sevco have had in SFL 3. :D

colin25 18-10-2012 15:35

[QUOTE=Derek;35486267]It is the Scottish football thread, not an SPL thread or SFL 1/2/3 thread. I would have thought a news item about one of the bigger clubs not being able to pay players (again) would have been of interest to some and them being hit with a punishment that was kept secret showed just how desperate and untransparent the SPHell are.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------
Not sure about being kept secret.

Henkesghost 20-10-2012 06:32

Tick tock tick tock tick tock BOOM!! Big Tax Case result GUILTY!!!

Derek 20-10-2012 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkesghost (Post 35486843)
Tick tock tick tock tick tock BOOM!! Big Tax Case result GUILTY!!!

Any link to back this up? Or is it another 'exclusive' from he failed social worker and pensioner killer?

LondonRoad 20-10-2012 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35486855)
Any link to back this up? Or is it another 'exclusive' from he failed social worker and pensioner killer?

I hope you've had a saucer of milk and finished cleaning your fur since that post Deek ;)

To be pedantic; the guilty verdict in the big tax case was delivered a couple of years ago.

I'm sure that Henke is referring to the result of the appeal. No link as yet but lots of tweets from normally reliable sources that the appeal result was as expected and is in the hands of D&P, Murray and Whyte. I'm sure your renowned detective skills will find these quicker than I can embed them :)