Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Really surprised that his works! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708595)

Itshim 01-01-2020 16:11

Really surprised that his works!

At a friend's party l was interduced to a work mate whom he his known for many years. Enough background .any way having found out that I use virgin ( won't do this for sky users) he offered to setup Sky on my smart TV. Assured that it was not a joke I surcomed he came earlier this week .Seems that he typed into what looked like dos taking things off a memory stick .Now on my dashboard I have a button which when selected brings up sky epg .Have to use my VPN and it will not record unless I use a USB and record what's playing .other than that it's works we!!. Guess l will cancel virgin when contract runs out ,set up freebies with pvr to record bits and pieces . Look of cheapest bb it's seems it works with any speed bb.

SnoopZ 01-01-2020 18:01

Re: really surprised that his works!

Obviously your post makes no sense(atleast to me), so more info needed.

OLD BOY 01-01-2020 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 36021760)
At a friend's party l was interduced to a work mate whom he his known for many years. Enough background .any way having found out that I use virgin ( won't do this for sky users) he offered to setup Sky on my smart TV. Assured that it was not a joke I surcomed he came earlier this week .Seems that he typed into what looked like dos taking things off a memory stick .Now on my dashboard I have a button which when selected brings up sky epg .Have to use my VPN and it will not record unless I use a USB and record what's playing .other than that it's works we!!. Guess l will cancel virgin when contract runs out ,set up freebies with pvr to record bits and pieces . Look of cheapest bb it's seems it works with any speed bb.

Sounds to me like an illegal site. Beware, you are dealing with the criminal fraternity. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Additionally, you are running the risk of prosecution by using such sites. Legal action has been concentrated on those supplying the pirated material to date, but this may change.

jb66 01-01-2020 21:55

Sounds like IPTV

1andrew1 03-01-2020 00:34

Re: Really surprised that his works!

Wonder how many days this will continue working for?

adzii_nufc 07-01-2020 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jb66 (Post 36021790)
Sounds like IPTV

He absolutely sideloaded an IPTV app onto his TV, Sky TV skin to go with it. I know a very specific app that is a Sky Q clone and it has umpteen resellers.

As for the above post, it'll last till the subscription expires or the host drops.

Lastly, I did something like this way back, well at least a family member tried to. As also said It's illegal and immoral. It was then and is now. Could easily write this off as naivety, OP clearly has no idea what's happened.

Chris 07-01-2020 07:46

Just to throw into the mix, the Fraud Act 2006 was designed to put the taking of services without paying for them, on a similar legal footing as taking goods without paying for them. Taking goods without paying for them is called theft and can land you in a magistrate’s court where you get a criminal conviction. Taking services without paying for them (this includes tv subscriptions) is dealt with in exactly the same way. Yes, it is harder to get hold of the “users” in these cases, and yes, the police do tend to concentrate their resources on the suppliers, but the taking of tv services without paying for them is nonetheless a criminal act.

Mr K 07-01-2020 10:34

I've got another hack, plug an aerial into the back of your TV and you can get loads of channels VM and others charge for, for free ;)

Stuart 08-01-2020 10:36

Quote:

Likely fraudulent (hence the need for the VPN) and will likely stop working at some point, once the Police seize the server and arrest the owner.

If you want Sky, and don't want the satellite dish (for whatever reason), the best option is probably "Now TV" (https://www.nowtv.com ), which you pay for whatever sky options you want, then get access to all their on demand stuff, but the only thing required to access it is an app and a broadband connection. Sky seem to have apps for most devices..

Paul 08-01-2020 14:27

Sky will also be launching Sky over Broadband (Sky X) - supposedly this year.

Stuart 09-01-2020 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36022319)
Sky will also be launching Sky over Broadband (Sky X) - supposedly this year.

Be interesting to see if they release that as well as Now TV, or instead of Now TV, with Now TV being a low price introduction to Sky.

RichardCoulter 09-01-2020 23:15

Quote:

It appears that you are happy to fund terrorism, human trafficking etc as long as you save a few quid. Strange as you often like to imply how wealthy you are on here.

As Old Boy says, you are dealing with the criminal fraternity and it's things like this, selling contraband etc that generates their income. Shame on you.

Paul 10-01-2020 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 36022413)
Be interesting to see if they release that as well as Now TV, or instead of Now TV, with Now TV being a low price introduction to Sky.

Now TV is 720p, but Sky X is expected to be 1080p, so I think they will keep both, for now at least.

muppetman11 10-01-2020 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36022473)
Now TV is 720p, but Sky X is expected to be 1080p, so I think they will keep both, for now at least.

Now TV Boost offers 1080p on most content now.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost

Hugh 10-01-2020 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36022470)
It appears that you are happy to fund terrorism, human trafficking etc as long as you save a few quid. Strange as you often like to imply how wealthy you are on here.

As Old Boy says, you are dealing with the criminal fraternity and it's things like this, selling contraband etc that generates their income. Shame on you.

Well, that escalated quickly...