Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General Entertainment (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Phone Booth (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=3344)

Richard M 11-10-2003 15:16

Phone Booth

I just watched this and am shocked by how good it is... :eeek:

If you haven't seen it yet, watch it ASAP.

idi banashapan 11-10-2003 15:34

Re: Phone Booth

really? I thought it looked poo. I haven't watched it yet, but I may have to now. Damn you - making me have to go all the way to blockbusters!!!!

Richard M 11-10-2003 15:57

It's so good I'm watching it again right now! :eek: :p

handyman 11-10-2003 16:11

yeah was a good film, I watched it whilst in the bath :0

Cheap film to make as well I would imagine.

[edit] just checked it was filmed in 10 days :eek:
Filmed cronalogically in 12 minute takes, just 10 of those comprise the film, cut together from angles that is.
Truly amazing spot of film making.

imback 11-10-2003 16:46

Yip great film, didn't realise until the end there is only something like 5 different scenes in it. Suspense built on great writing and things you can't see rather than millions of £'s worth of explosions and fights.

aliferste 11-10-2003 19:28

Yea, It was certainly on of those films that sticks in your mind........ever seen "Momento" Now there is a film that was well made and didnt seem to get much publicity !!!!

imback 11-10-2003 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliferste
Yea, It was certainly on of those films that sticks in your mind........ever seen "Momento" Now there is a film that was well made and didnt seem to get much publicity !!!!

Momento was well made, but dispeared up it's own backside after about 45mins, and when they tried to make a "Usual Suspects" ending, they failed to notice they infact made it all a bit pointless.

Now for a mind feck film that also has a good ending ( other than The Usual Suspects) Vanilla Sky is amazing :)

Mal 11-10-2003 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by imback
Momento was well made, but dispeared up it's own backside after about 45mins, and when they tried to make a "Usual Suspects" ending, they failed to notice they infact made it all a bit pointless.

Now for a mind feck film that also has a good ending ( other than The Usual Suspects) Vanilla Sky is amazing :)

Nah, Momento was a top film.

Richard M 11-10-2003 20:25

Quote:

The ending was the only good part (imo), the rest was too confusing which was very offputting.

aliferste 11-10-2003 21:24

Quote:

Hehe

My girlfriend dragged me along to see it as it was potrayed as being a lovey dovey girly film........ah yes....i smiled and smiled :)

Dude111 20-07-2022 09:44

I have seen this,I had the official VHS tape and it looked aweful like they had it behind a filter!!

I cant believe the guy stayed in the booth..... I mean I might have tried to book into a store,I dunno perhaps not........

Jaymoss 20-07-2022 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36128881)
I have seen this,I had the official VHS tape and it looked aweful like they had it behind a filter!!

I cant believe the guy stayed in the booth..... I mean I might have tried to book into a store,I dunno perhaps not........

Did you just bump this thread to rub our noses in the fact you use VHS? Dude we all know you are retro and do not need reminding of this fact

Hugh 20-07-2022 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36128881)

or…

It looked like it was behind a filter because you were watching it on VHS (and probably on a small CRT TV using NTSC)…