Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

SOSAGES 20-07-2007 09:29

re: Rate the last movie you saw

i watched the fantastic 4 (silver surfer)

Now why oh why do most super hero films suck. Special effects do not make a film, naff jokes and a naked lady do not make a film. F4 silver surfer is almost as bad as the original original fantastic 4 (the one that never got a release but u can get it if u look hard enough) I feel that Fantastic 4 should be relegated to the naff section of superhero films along with any Xmen + Hulk + dredevil + electra film all a disapointment all filmed in exactly the same way and all of them lacking the very basics of a Good film. Its almost like watching a film by Roland Emmerich but at least he can be witty sometimes.
2/10 and thats JUST for the idea that Alba was naked...

I also had the pleasure to watch The Philidelphia Story (No not the tom hanks film) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032904/
The Philidelphia Story has some big names staring in it but as i didnt grow up watching them it didnt make me think "ohhh this must be good" - Anyway after watching the philidelphia story i gotta say that Grant, Stewart and Hepburn are masters. The story was fantastic (originally a play) and the filming/music was superb the only bad thing was i didnt understand why stewart feel in love with herpburn so quickly.
anyway 10/10

To continue my new found love for westerns i dug up Pale rider / unforgiven / the outlaw josey wales. I shall be watching them next.

SOSAGES 21-07-2007 22:39

Next up is Transformers............

well this happens a lot, its a useless script, naff plot, and semi ok acting.
But Michael Bay does it again for me, i just love his films. Just like don simpson movies i think they are rubbish but i just enjoy them.

Best bit about transformers "ONE SHALL STAND, ONE SHALL FALL" they could of carried on the line a little more but you cant have it all.

Anyway by no means a good film but oh yes i almost cried at the end and i did a little WOOP.

It just the long list of crap but excellent films that you have to watch with your brain turned off.
8/10

Could of been a 10 IF! they used original models + had more megatron + prime fights +
Spoiler: 
didnt actually go round killing transformers i dont like seeing them dead.

I can only hope that with the second film they actually think about what to do and not showcase what $200 million buys you at ILM :)

Sirpingalot 22-07-2007 00:22

Resident Evil, Apocolypse. Quite a good film, not quite as good as the first, but still very much worth watching. 8/10

Russ 22-07-2007 23:14

Transformers - 9/10

Absolutely incredible film, best GCI I have ever seen. OK the plot was a bit weak but who cares when you've got tanks, planes, jeeps, cars, CD players that can turn in to robots?

Excellent little dig at Indian callcentres too :D

Could have had a few more robots (there were only about 10) and I've got a feeling the sequel will be rubbish but definately worth the money.

Jules 22-07-2007 23:20

Just back from seeing Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix, great film 9/10

Sirpingalot 22-07-2007 23:27

Gonna see Harry Potter later on (tommorow). From what I've heard it seems good.

Russ 22-07-2007 23:32

So it's not the last film you saw then ;) :D

cimt 23-07-2007 00:34

Bubba Ho-tep

I'd give it about an 8/10. It's quite funny and like there's only 1 bit that makes you jump.

skyblueheroes 23-07-2007 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34357227)
Transformers - 9/10

Absolutely incredible film, best GCI I have ever seen. OK the plot was a bit weak but who cares when you've got tanks, planes, jeeps, cars, CD players that can turn in to robots?

Excellent little dig at Indian callcentres too :D

Could have had a few more robots (there were only about 10) and I've got a feeling the sequel will be rubbish but definately worth the money.

Agree.

Stephen 23-07-2007 11:15

Transformers - 9/10

The must see film of the year. Finally getting to see giant robots fighting and blowing stuff up. Also the cast were brilliant.

Hairspray - 8/10

Saw this at the weekend. Totally different to the original as this is based on the broadway musical. It works a lot better and is a lot more enjoyable to watch. The cast were great, John Travolta was superb as was Chris Walken.

ZrByte 23-07-2007 14:42

Transformers 10/10.
The best film I have seen in ages, Its the first time ive left the cinema in a long time without feeling totally disapointed.
The CGI was great, The story could have been a lot worse and the nostalgia was damn right overwhelming, I couldnt help myself pointing out to my girlfriend the VW beetle and its relevence to bumblebee in the scene in the car lot (She now thinks/knows im sad :) ).

Tezcatlipoca 24-07-2007 01:49

Transformers

Giant robots fighting other giant robots, plus lots of explosions. What more could you want? :D

9/10

Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix

8/10

Good, but I think it missed out a bit too much of the book.

Angua 24-07-2007 09:03

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 6/10

Very thin on main plot elements and poorly strung together as a result.
Action scenes in the second half were very good though so redeemed things somewhat.

Sirpingalot 24-07-2007 15:06

The Hills have Eyes. Hmm..Was ok, not the thickest plot but put together in a somewhat traditional way..very similar to Wolf Creek IMO. 7/10

Jules 24-07-2007 20:17

Hot Fuzz, I enjoyed it but thought it would be a bit funnier 7/10