Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Jimmy-J 25-12-2021 23:22

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36107027)
Red Notice 7/10 I enjoyed it for what it was.

Me too, it was a good laugh.

General Maximus 27-12-2021 10:10

Matrix Resurrections: 7/10

Really enjoyed it and I love how they changed it enough to make it different and stand out from the previous films e.g. flipping bullet time around and different styles of fighting. I thought the story was very clever and the self referencing at the beginning of the film hilarious; they clearly knew what everyone was thinking.
The reason why I have only given it 7/10 is that I didn't feel the tension and intensity that I felt in the first films where they were fighting for the survival of the human race.

Damien 30-12-2021 20:24

Spiderman - 8/10

Really liked it. This is my favourite franchise of the MCU. It's the most fun and usually the least worried about everything being connected although this time it's clearly setting up the multiverse thing.

I knew that it would incorporate some of the old Spiderman films so I was worried it would be too much. I am not someone who especially looks for nods to previous films or worries about the lore of these things, I want a good film. I think worrying too much about serving the existing fan base holds franchises back (JJ Abrams Star Wars for example). Thankfully I think they pulled it off and the film stands on its own merits with the nods to previous films just adding to it.

Spoiler: 

I found the Aunt May death being this universe's Uncle Ben quite a powerful moment. It happening much later in the Spiderman story means we have time to know the character making the death more important.

Especially interesting that they inverted Spiderman's role in the death as well. Rather than resulting from him neglecting his 'responsibility', she dies because he took it on. It's sort of a shame they didn't really explore it being a catalyst for him to reject that responsibility now, being talked around by the other Spider-Men, but it's a nice flip.

bigsinky 31-12-2021 05:23

Matrix revolutions . Meh…….3/10

adzii_nufc 31-12-2021 21:25

Spiderman 8/10 - Definitely a movie event created to further parts of the MCU, possibly expand the SonyVerse and does little for the MCU version of the titular character, but a very enjoyable event. Spiderman's equivalent to Captain America: Civil War.

The Matrix Resurrections 4/10 - I wouldn't even know where to start on the endless list of problems this movie has. A very generous 4 for nostalgia and a promising start and decent middle act.

Pierre 03-01-2022 23:05

I would recommend lots of stuff on Amazon. Just watched “The Prodigy” and over recent months Encounter, Boss Level, Infinity all really good.

I think we should open a new section for streaming movies?

Hugh 03-01-2022 23:57

Spider-Man:No Way Home - 8/10.

Loved the way they pulled all the different storylines from the different films together, with a good balance of action, humour, and emotion.

Paul 04-01-2022 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36107926)

Section ?
Dont really know what you mean, but this isnt the right place for such a suggestion, it should go in the website forum.

General Maximus 04-01-2022 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36107926)

and how would that work? You are already in the film & cinema "section" of the forum so you can by all means starts a new thread which people can continuously add to just as they do this thread but to create a completely new sub-section of Entertainment purely for streaming movies wouldn't work and tbh I think would go largely unused.

Pierre 04-01-2022 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36107943)
and how would that work? You are already in the film & cinema "section" of the forum so you can by all means starts a new thread which people can continuously add to just as they do this thread but to create a completely new sub-section of Entertainment purely for streaming movies wouldn't work and tbh I think would go largely unused.

No, on reflection it was not a good idea.

General Maximus 09-01-2022 20:05

The 355: 1/10

The only reason why I am taking the time to even acknowledge it is to warn people not to waste their time. It was that bad that people were laughing at it in the cinema (and it isn't a comedy). This is the kind of film that we will be reading about in the news in a few months time because it cost $75m to make and only made £15m at the cinema.

Paul 09-01-2022 23:43

I saw the previews when I went to see Spiderman, and decided not to bother.

Pierre 11-01-2022 11:56

Watched Ghostbusters last night, it was enjoyable enough. I was just playing spot the reference throughout.......and there were alot.

Rillington 14-01-2022 16:20

Downton Abbey - 5 out of 5. I hope the next film is equally as good.

General Maximus 15-01-2022 00:13

Scream (2022): 8/10

Very clever story and a well deserving sequel. They do a clever recap at the beginning to refresh you of previous events and part way through they take the mickey out of themselves. The story is a continuation of the previous films with a modem twist. It keeps you on the edge of your seat and constantly wondering who is the killer(s) and if you enjoyed the original trilogy you'll enjoy this.

Let me know what you think when you see it because if I had £1 million I would have bet Sam (actress) was Morena Baccarin's daughter and Tara (actress) was Taylor Russell's younger sister and neither are true :p: