Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Hugh 15-11-2021 10:02

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Red Notice - 6/10.

Good fun, obviously set up for a series, good lightweight Saturday night film.

Damien 15-11-2021 10:43

Last Night in Soho - 8/10.

Good film. Made all the more fun in that I watched it in Soho so you're watching streets that you took on the way to the cinema. Edgar Wright doesn't make bad films.

Pierre 15-11-2021 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36101205)
I loved Red Notice. As it was Ryan Reynolds I was expecting a large number of gags and riffs. He has become Deadpool in real life.

He’s always been like that. Blade 3 he is practically Deadpool.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Also watched Shang Chi, very enjoyable but Ben Kingsley! What part of Liverpool was he supposed to be from? Small heath!

I don’t remember him being so bad in Iron Man 3.

I think I’ll probably wait for Eternals to land on D+ but I’ll be going to the pictures to watch Ghostbusters.

Stephen 19-11-2021 20:49

Ghostbusters Afterlife - 8/10

Fantastic film in its own right. But excellent as a Ghostbusters sequel and way to continue the franchise. The new main vast are all Fantastic, especially Mckenna Grace. Already seen it twice.

SnoopZ 19-11-2021 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36101916)
Ghostbusters Afterlife - 8/10

Fantastic film in its own right. But excellent as a Ghostbusters sequel and way to continue the franchise. The new main vast are all Fantastic, especially Mckenna Grace. Already seen it twice.

If the last Ghostbusters I saw was Ghostbusters II should I watch Ghostbusters 2016 first or can I skip it?

Stephen 19-11-2021 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36101921)
If the last Ghostbusters I saw was Ghostbusters II should I watch Ghostbusters 2016 first or can I skip it?

Skip it, for 1 it's not very good at all and 2 it's nothing to do with this GB universe. This is a true sequel and also passing of the torch from the 80s busters. Just rematch GB1 if you haven't seen it recently.

Also stay till the end of the credits.

General Maximus 19-11-2021 23:12

Ghostbusters 2016 was abysmal and is a perfect example of why films shouldn't be made for the sake of PC

General Maximus 06-12-2021 00:08

The Matrix (1999): 10/10

Odeon have brought it back just before the new one gets released. It was amazing seeing it on the big screen again. I can remember seeing it all those years ago and being blown away by the concept. There was silence as everyone exited the cinema and all you could hear people saying to the people they were with was "do you think we could be in the matrix and we don't know it".........

Stephen 06-12-2021 02:25

Yeah it's on at Cuenworld too. I might give it another blast in the cinema.

General Maximus 16-12-2021 00:41

Spider-man: No Way Home: 10/10

Well well well, what an amazing surprise. My expectations were high for this film but they were blown out of the water. The trailers made the film look good but they barely scratched the surface and didn't give anything away at all.
I will go so far as to say that all the anger and frustration we expressed when Marvel and Sony had their falling out over $$$ was worth it because they have paid it all back with interest. The storytelling in this film is just absolute genius. You may have been wondering since Endgame if the MCU was going to slowly fade away with the established big characters like Iron Man, Thor and Captain America having left and this being Spider-man's last film but once again they have raised it to a whole new level and when you compare it to Eternals which is the most recent release you just can't believe they are part of the same franchise. This film is a testament to what you can achieve when you collaborate, work together and want to make magic.

I can't really say anything without giving things away but there is a lovely surprise quite early on in the film and later on there are two moments when everyone in my screen spontaneously erupted with cheer and applause. It felt like I was in an American cinema.

The post credit scenes are always fun to watch but out of all the ones we have had I would say the two at the end of this film are the most exciting and on par with Infinity War. They are an absolute must see.

In summary, the extremely high standards you expect from Marvel, fantastic comedy, action, visual effects, story telling on a whole new level, several jaw dropping moments and you honestly come away from the film say "I want more now now now". This is what we have been missing and looking forward to for the last 2 years.

Jaymoss 16-12-2021 00:47

Thor has not left

General Maximus 16-12-2021 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36105876)
Thor has not left

He has mostly. It is my understanding that he is only in the next film so he can hand over the reins to the next Thor (female).

Jaymoss 16-12-2021 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36105889)
He has mostly. It is my understanding that he is only in the next film so he can hand over the reins to the next Thor (female).

So he has not left then. Chris Pratt has even said it is not definate that he is not in Guardians 3 yet too

General Maximus 16-12-2021 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36105901)
Chris Pratt has even said it is not definate that he is not in Guardians 3 yet too

of course he is going to be. It isn't Guardians of the Galaxy without Chris Pratt.

Jaymoss 16-12-2021 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36105991)
of course he is going to be. It isn't Guardians of the Galaxy without Chris Pratt.

he was referring to Thor

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/249...ris-pratt-said